It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Cheney Order Flight 93 Shot Down ? No Question, He Did

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Yes it's true Cheney has already admitted ordering flight 93 shot down the only real question is were his orders carried out.

I believe it was shot down and that it was done so on the Vice Presidents command.I'm not too sure about the legalities of that but I can see the necessity of it.I think many are willing to believe the lie even though they have grave suspicions simply because it was probably the most sensible and logical action to take and why open a can of worms?

Vice President Dick Cheney repeatedly authorized U.S. fighters to shoot down hijacked airliners as the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks unfolded but his orders did not reach military pilots until the last of the four planes had already crashed, the commission investigating the terrorist

Sometime between 10:10 a.m. and 10:15 a.m., a military aide said the aircraft was 80 miles out and Cheney was asked for authority to shoot down the plane. He issued the order, the commission said. Minutes later, the military aide reported that the plane was 60 miles out and Cheney again was asked for authorization. Again, he said yes. White House deputy chief of staff Joshua Bolten, at the conference table with Cheney, suggested that the vice president contact Bush and confirm his authorization. Cheney called the president and got the confirmation, the commission said. Cheney's group received word that a plane was down in Pennsylvania, and people in the conference room wondered if it had been shot down at Cheney's direction.

www.wjla.com...

How many times does the VP have to give an order in the middle of an emergency before it's carried out ???

Surely one order to direct the fighters the second as a confirmation when the fighters had contact

Who actually put United Flight 93 into a death dive, causing it to slam into the Pennsylvania countryside on September 11, 2001, is revealed in the 9/11 commission report.

The passenger revolt began at 9:57 a.m., nearly 30 minutes after the four terrorists aboard launched their takeover of the Boeing 757 loaded with more than 11,000 gallons of jet fuel.

"With the sounds of the passenger counter-attack continuing, the aircraft plowed into an empty field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, at 580 miles per hour, about 20 minutes' flying time from Washington, D.C."

edition.cnn.com...

10:10 a.m.: United Airlines Flight 93, also hijacked, crashes in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, southeast of Pittsburgh

edition.cnn.com...

[edit on 16-8-2004 by John bull 1]

[edit on 16-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I do remember the news stations reporting that the authorization had been made to fire on any planes that did not land once bush declared the entire US a no fly zone. The only conspiracy here is if it has been covered up that the plane was hit, but I dont see why they would cover that up, anyone could see the need for this action. We are talking a few hundred lives vs. many thousand possible civilian deaths.

I personally have not seen proof it was hit, I believe it was too late by the time the order was sent, the guys on board stormed the cockpit, which was probably already damaged from the inital capture by the terrorists, and in the struggle the plane crashed since neither the terrorists or civilians on board probably knew how to control a plane in a nosedive.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
How many times does the VP have to give an order in the middle of an emergency before it's carried out ???

Surely one order to direct the fighters the second as a confirmation when the fighters had contact and that's it

The first order was given 80 miles out from Washington DC,the second 60 miles out.

The plane "crashed" 20 minutes out.

How much longer before it was over a built up area. 5mins ? 10 mins ?

Why lie ? Well the passengers were trying to take back the plane they had a chance.That chance was taken away from them.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If this is true, what a slap on the family of this people, they were actually trying to take the plane back, I believe it was a cell phone conversation about that.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
"At precisely 0938 hours, an alarm was sounded at Langely Air Force Base, and those whom were on call, drinking coffee, were scrambled. Thus the 119th Fighter Wing was off for an intercept.

They, the Happy Hooligans, a unit of 3 F-16 aircraft, were ordered to head toward Pennsylvania. At 0957 they spotted their target; After confirmation orders were received, A one Major Rick Gibney fired two sidewinder missiles at the aircraft and destroyed it in mid flight at precisely 0958;

He was awarded a medal from the Governor one year later for his heroic actions. As well as Decorated by Congress on 9/13/2001. The Happy Hooligans were previously stationed in North Dakota, and moved to Langley Air Force base some months before 911 occured on a "Temporary assignment."

Rick Gibney, as identified on www.f16viper.org...

Respects,

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I've believed that since 9/11 though I've never heard it was Cheney's order before (nice JB
).

And I largely base my belief on common sense. Or rather the hope that our leaders and military have some. I would have shot it down too.

But I would have told the truth afterwards.

[edit on 16-8-2004 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i'm just curious...do you have a single ounce of proof? do you honestly believe in a country of 250 million people that this could have happened and then it be completely covered up afterward? i'm all for reasonable suspiscion, but you have taken it to the next level. now you're just paranoid. the VP does not have the authority to order the shooting down of a commercial airliner, only the president does. so cheney could have shouted "shoot it down" a thousand times and still nothing would have happened.

new topics

top topics

join