It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel agrees to negotiate pre 67 lines

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

www.rr.com

JERUSALEM — In a dramatic policy shift, Israel's prime minister has agreed to negotiate the borders of a Palestinian state based on the cease-fire line that marks off the West Bank, a TV station reported Monday.

Up to now, Benjamin Netanyahu has refused to spell out his plan for negotiating the border. A senior Israeli official would not confirm outright that the prime minister was now willing to adopt the cease-fire line as a starting point, but said Israel was willing to try new formulas to restart peace talks based on a proposal made by President Barack Obama.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8/1/2011 by semperfortis because: copy the exact headline

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Although, this is still at a very early stage of israel agreements. I find this facinating if they do agree on. Although, nothing on major news. this still could take some time to play on the field of politics.

Could this be a new agreement with the middle east or not? could the lines be adjusted in order to usher in a NWO with end of the world application?

www.rr.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Wow I guess I have to eat my words from when I said this would never happen.

2nd

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Wow. What can one say?

I'm shocked. There must be more to this.

Either that or they want to APPEAR to be reasonable. No doubt, they will cite some event as the cause of them not being able to implement this. You know how things go over there...
edit on 1-8-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: grammar

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Sadly, political talk is cheap.

To say one thing, without having any intention of following through is nothing new.

If they are sincere, and this thing actually comes to fruition, then it would appear to be a very positive step in the peace process.

Here's to hoping this really happens.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Nothing to be shocked about
Netanyahoo also said he was for a two-state solution, but the terms were unnaceptable
Like the Nuclear State that is Israel could have all the arms they wanted but not Palestine, that's still a one-state solution.

I'm thinking same here, I don't want to be pessimistic but I do want to be realistic
I hope it all works out, but I know he will just give them an egg and they will refuse it

And then people will say "Oh Israel tried negotiating with the terrorists, but these crazy people want to live like this, they are animals"

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is shocking to hear even in concept. What must have happened in Tel Aviv to change minds and twist arms so hard they reversed a position they have held in absolute terms since the start. Things may be about to heat up over there and get very interesting.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Buh, is this real? the end is nigh!

Serious note, I doubt this would end the fighting. If you haven't noticed, Israel hates Muslims and visa versa. Giving candy back to the baby you stole it from wont make the baby love you....
edit on 1-8-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

This is not new, and Israel actually agreed to this way back in the day. They also, back in the day, agreed to allow Jerusalem to become an "international city" under the adminstration of the UN, with the respective religous areas being the equivelant of world gertigae sites (in todays language).

Politics on all sides played a part in that never being implemented, as well as the UNs lost crediability when it allowed arab forces to march through the sinai unchalleneged, which was the reason fr the UN forces being present in the first place.

Either way, this is a positive move... Hopefully both sides will take this seriously and see where it goes.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I see.

Thanks for your clarification.

Here's to hoping against hope

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
OMG this is just such BS.

What like they just suddenly decide to about turn and do what everyone has been asking for for ages ?

Do they think we button up the back ?

Obviously they are running scared of the fast approaching September UN decision on a Palestine State.

I hope the Pals give em two fingers and tell em to gtf

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Isreal cant fight two wars at once. Make peace with the palistines and then hang Iran.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Their can only be one group behind this dramatic change. Bilderburg/NWO/World leader/Soro. Someone changed the opinion of Israel in a big way.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'll believe it when it happens

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

You've always got to give peace an opportunity.

Both those nations have young people who are no doubt sick of the fighting and violence and just want to live normal productive lives.

We're all the same, wanting the same things.

Give peace a chance.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Someone else already pointed this out but I agree. I would not be surprised if this is an attempt at gaining support that will not come to fruition because of some 'attack' on Israel. That being said, I certainly would like to see both sides grow the f up and stop killing each other.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
and here are the borders for those of you who dont know

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So, Israel disagrees Obama purposel, and then changes their minds after about a month. I still blame TPTB witht he major players in this war.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

well i guess we all know ,,now,,Who is Running Things,,,,It does not seem too be Isreal,,

well thats politics i guess.

Trust me,, this will not be a good thing for the world,,a cup of trembling indeed.
edit on 1-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

Why are some people now saying that instead of 5/21/12 being the end of the world, but its judment day?

look at the date of the picture.
ya its important,,just got meaning wrong,,,,imo
edit on 1-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
paving the way for the sufyani? me says yes.

who is sufyani?

The Sufyani (Arabic: السفياني), is an evil, apocryphal character of Islamic eschatology. The Sufyani will emerge before the Mahdi from the depths of Damascus.

read more

<<   2  3  4 >>

join