It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sightings Hitting Prime Time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by newcovenant

It works! At 4:10 there is a humorous exchange with Bill Nye and someone from Malmstrom Air-force Base who claims rather vehemently, UFOs caused a major missile failure on that Base while he was there. I remember this interview on Larry King and wonder if anyone knows his name?

The "gentleman's" name is Robert Hastings and he was not present at Malmstrom 1967, rather he has become the public face behind a money making scam of what has been well exposed as a fraudulent event.

The missile shutdown had nothing to do with E.T. and the entire charade has been well exposed by James Carlson (the son of Col. Eric Carlson who was the base commander at the time).

Google both Carlson and Hastings name, there have been some lively exchanges and there is a tremendous amount of evidence available to make your own mind up.

If your interested in facts, I recommend starting here...

Case Closed? A Re-Evaluation of the Echo Flight Incident

RU member and former SAC Missile Crew Commander Tim Hebert has now posted an intriguing summary of his findings and conclusions on his blog Did It Really Happen? regarding his lengthy investigation into the now famous March 1967 Malmstrom AFB Missile/UFO Incident.

As followers of this blog know, the heated debate in this case between Robert Hastings and James Carlson, son of Eric Carlson, one of the two launch officers present at Echo Flight, reached a fever pitch last year running up to Hastings’ scheduled press conference at the NPC in Washington, DC in March of 2010 with Robert Salas and a number of other alleged “witnesses”. Salas claims another missile shutdown occurred a week later at Oscar Flight and it was caused by UFOs, however, unlike the Echo Flight incident on March 16th, no documentation or witnesses exist to support a shutdown occurred on March 24th, let alone that UFOs were involved in either case.

Enjoy

You seriously expect me to believe this guys blog?

That was an extremely small portion of the video posted. Thanks for chiming in though.

edit on 31-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Try reading, here is James Carlsons manifesto including the Boeing engineering reports.

Americans-Credulous-by-James-Carlson

Tim Printy does some good research on the matter as well. See page 16.

Tim Printy/SUNlite2_3.pdf

Its a farce, Nice try indeed.

Edit: Here is the pertinent page from the report linked in its entirety above...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa190d7d6ec7.jpg[/atsimg]

Perhaps read before you scoff, you may learn something so as to not fall for some snakeoil huckster pitching fantasy stories of E.T. next time.

edit on 31-7-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Try reading, here is James Carlsons manifesto including the Boeing engineering reports.

Americans-Credulous-by-James-Carlson

Tim Printy does some good research on the matter as well. See page 16.

Tim Printy/SUNlite2_3.pdf

Its a farce, Nice try indeed.

Maybe these will interest YOU? You notice it is blogs and military websites trying to discredit this particular report as well they should. Don't want to appear, helpless and ineffectual. What would that do to National Security?

UFOs & Nukes Researcher ROBERT HASTINGS Refutes Debunker www.ufodigest.com...

The Malmstrom Air Force Base UFO/Missile Incident (Nuclear missiles shutdown during UFO encounter)
www.ufoevidence.org...

The Malmstrom AFB UFO/Missile Incident
www.cufon.org...

UFOs: Nuclear Missile Warheads Shut Down
Insiders Account of UFO Shutting Down 18 Nuclear Warheads
www.wanttoknow.info...
edit on 31-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Thank you, I've read them.

Please read the document above.

This one has been a personal interest for some time and I have been in correspondence with both Robert Hastings and James Carlson.

There is no validity to the story as the links I have given you easily prove.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Please check this out first.
I am talking about a great number of similar incidents of triangle lights in the sky!
Really recent major Network News Stories - You are going way off topic.

The discussion of that missile incident is I am certain, covered in another thread.
Right now I am discussing this recent video.

U.F.O. SIGHTINGS hitting PRIMETIME NEWS NATIONWIDE like never before!

I will edit out that bit in my first post if you want.
Will that make you stop trying to derail the thread ?

edit on 1-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

My apologies for carrying your thread off topic, I was only meaning to respond to your question of who Robert Hastings was in the video in your OP.

I'll check out your video above although I believe the triangle sightings are a very real phenomena, I just don't see the evidence to make the jump to E.T. in search of an explanation.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

My apologies for carrying your thread off topic, I was only meaning to respond to your question of who Robert Hastings was in the video in your OP.

I'll check out your video above although I believe the triangle sightings are a very real phenomena, I just don't see the evidence to make the jump to E.T. in search of an explanation.

No prob.. They seem to be something strange - hard to pin down and identify. Balloons? Flares? They are stationary and create formations. That is what people who saw some of these said most often, "they were holding and creating FORMATIONS." They fooled reporters. Many of the people thought UFO's right off. Of course it figures some would no matter what but I think there are some skeptics in these interviews too.

Another triangle formation in broad daylight - recent ATS post from Australia corroborates these reports. I included a link in an earlier reply here. It is another of whatever these are.

What are these?
Why so many of them showing up now?

That is the million dollar question.

Edit: Holy Shoot! - Here is another triangle in London Just posted.
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=734847

edit on 1-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

My belief is the black triangles are a combination of wishful misidentification of aircraft lights and military flares by untrained observers mixed in with an occasional civilian glimpse of technology related to this..

This famous UFO is not what it seems (although "the Belgian Triangle seems to have been debunked as a hoax)

"Classic" UFO Photo from Belgian Wave - the Hoaxer Confesses

Mystery Aircraft/Blimp

Mix it all togather and you get the makings of a good UFO story.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Great work of mounting evidence

Are they all swamp gas filled weather balloons? I think not!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

...although "the Belgian Triangle seems to have been debunked as a hoax

Note to OP: I can't let this slide - sorry about it being your thread.

That's absolute garbage. Isaac Koi has simply posted a report that one guy has claimed to have hoaxed a picture that appeared four months after the incident. The significance of the claim is that an image is so iconic within UFOlogy may turn out to be a fake. The hoax claim could also turn out to be false. The case has not been debunked - far from it.

The incident itself involved the Belgian Air Force and radar readings. Two separate pilots, of F16s that were scrambled to intercept in response to readings from the ground, had no visual contact but had radar locked onto the 'object' 6 times. On each occasion the radar lock was quickly lost. Claims have been made that unusual atmospheric conditions could possibly have lead to false radar returns. However, that story is standard military fair - these people are responsible for defending airspace and rarely admit to being powerless in the face of an intruder. The pilots clearly thought the object was there.

There were also 900 reports by witnesses on the ground of triangular objects around that time in Belgium and there is a video of one in the documentary below.

Professor Emile Scweicher analyzed the radar tapes and was asked if the radar returns could have been technical anomalies in the radar equipment. He stated publicly, I don’t think that you can explain it by saying that all radars made the same mistake; that’s highly unlikely. There are different types of radar. There are different types of antennae… And, also, the orientation of the target was different for the four radars. I’m going to be fired [flamed - edit?] by my colleagues. But, I think that extraterrestrial intelligence is very highly likely.
Source: www.cavinessreport.com...

Finally, I will post this documentary with more facts relating to the case. Try not to be so ready to believe what you hear when it is asserted that cases have been debunked. Lets stay sceptical not pseudo-sceptical.

Part 2. Irritatingly, the two parts overlap so you will have to skip some of part 2.

P.S. Sorry again OP. I hope you find the real facts about the incident revealing.
edit on 1/8/11 by Pimander because: typo

edit on 1/8/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/8/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Very informative and thanks for posting. Did you watch the video I included above though?
Major networks reports. Impressive stuff when you take it in totality like it is presented there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join