It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famine in East Africa: Why Does Nobody Care?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Campy61
Your not gonna like my opinion but I really dont care about aiding anyone in another country. We have people in this country starving and becoming homeless everyday, why should I care about people on the other side of the world that can not feed themselves?

Thinking like that is the whole problem IMO. We should all be brothers and sisters on this planet we call earth. Until we branch out further from this planet we will just never realize it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

Yeah you just sit watching your big televisions and sipping your cokes.

Considering a lot of your taxpayer's money goes towards blowing up brown people in far away lands, perhaps you should care.

There's always enough to blow people up, but never enough to genuinely help people in need.

Where's the great USA now?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimbone

We all are brothers and sisters on this planet. What else can we do for these people? We have tried to feed, teach and train these people. And what do they do for themselfs? Walk from one place to another looking for handouts.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I was going to ask would you consider slashing the disgracefully high U.S defense budget, but clearly as you were in the navy you're answer will be no.
You know what happens when you ASSume?

Originally posted by Kram09Considering that you don't give a sh** about other countries, I'm surprised you'd even want to travel to any.
I travel for business, otherwise you would be correct.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by theblackirish7

The United States' forced relocations and massacres of Native Americans.

The deplorable enslavement and discrimination of black people

Deliberately provoking a war with Mexico to steal vast tracts of it's territory.

Going to war with Spain under a shaky pretext only to claim even more territory.

Torturing and slaughtering Filipinos in a brutal war

Supporting corrupt and murderous dictators or turning a blind eye to their crimes (Pinochet in Chile, Saddam in Iraq).

Need I go on....

As for the World Wars....The First World War could have been won by Britain and France (the vast amount of U,S equipment was supplied by Britain and France).

The Second World War.....each country played it's part and none could have triumphed without the other. In terms of blood sacrifice, the Soviet Union lost far more men than the United States.

link   

Originally posted by theblackirish7
reply to post by Kram09

people from England should not talk # about America.
1) you great country raped and pillaged the world from 1497 when they discovered a trade route to asia to 1914 when the first world war started.
2) ww1 and ww2 America saved your ass
3) at least the US is giving foreign aid when we are on top , unlike the British crown

Excuse me ill educated one

The UK gives 1 10th of GDP to international aid!

The highest of any developed country!

The British also raise 100 of millions of pounds out of our own pockets that go to these causes too.

Frankly you are talking out of your ass.

link   
reply to post by Kram09

I havent had a coke or any caffine is years and I dont watch TV i play XBox

I cant say I agree with the wars we are in but what does that have to do with feeding people in a country that refuse to try to better there own lifes?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

In some way you are right. The only way to save Africa is get rid of the africans. When Africa was run by Europe things weren't good, but they were better than they are now. There are entire generations of people there that only know how to kill and steal.

If one village has crops then all the ones around steal them. They need to be educated or trained to stop making 100 children hoping that at least 5 make it to 12 to join a militia.

China got the idea and started to buy Africa a little at a time. They are thinking in the long run, Africa can become a granary. Also a lot of resources remain in the soil.

Eastern powers just sell them weapons and look for the fast money. I want to see them kill each other with what they produce (rocks) I bet they will get bored fast and start farming.

Where are you from by the way ?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Campy61

We all are brothers and sisters on this planet. What else can we do for these people? We have tried to feed, teach and train these people. And what do they do for themselfs? Walk from one place to another looking for handouts.

You really believe that the African people are to blame and not all the corruption?

www.voanews.com...

allafrica.com...

You need to educate yourself my friend.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Campy61

It means that Americans are so apathetic, self-centred and ignorant that it beggars belief.

The United States could use it's power for the better instead of immoral wars.

Do you think these people caused the famine? I'm sure they didn't want it....

Ridiculous....

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RanDeLv2

Sounds like agenda 21 in action imo.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Deleted
edit on 31/7/11 by Kram09 because: Deleted by me because I was just being provocative

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Nobody wants to admit it but it is about race, nobody cares about the starving brown people. But will break their backs to help the starving white people, see ? Nobody gives a damn.
Besides they need birth control, half the problem solved there.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Hey what's an army for anyway ? And don't tell me peace...

There's an easy way to stop the US make a treaty that states that any country conquered instantly becomes a part of the country that won, so higher wages etc. That will surely stop them all.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Corruption by who? AFRICAN REBELS. I do have an education I can provide food/water , shelter and protect my own family without asking for handouts
edit on 31-7-2011 by Campy61 because: Typo

link   

Originally posted by Adyta
I look at the famine in Africa, and honestly, I'm done giving a damn. Why? I think we need to stop helping Africa because they REFUSE to help themselves. They sit in their mud huts all day and bang out a kid every nine months, and don't make any effort to learn anything that would help them. They just walk over to the Peace Corps tent 3 times a day and get their free food.

We've been sending them assistance constantly for decades. We send Peace Corps volunteers to teach them how to grow crops, build structures more advanced than dirt and water, dig wells, domesticate animals, etc. and they STILL cannot take care of themselves. The only conclusion is a complete unwillingness to learn.

We send UN troops to defend them against gangs and death squads, and they kill the UN troop for his iPod or his watch.

And you want ME to continue to care? You want me to feel bad for them? Look at every other nation on Earth, and you'll see it's only the African ones that have not advanced beyond the stone age... actually, they havn't yet even advanced into the stone age.

Africa had their chance. We tried to help, yet they refuse to put forth any effort to help themselves. Instead, they would rather starve to death on some of the most fertile farm land on the planet.

I say we just sit back and let natural selection run it's course.
edit on 7/31/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

Somalia was a good example. We tried to feed the innocence and EVERYONE attacked us for it. That is the way it is over there. Warlords that steal young boys and get them hooked on drugs to do their biddings. They rape, pillage and plunder EVERYTHING. Long Sleeve/short sleeve is real and common practice.

What do you do? It all might become a waste land emply of people, can't say that would be a bad thing.

+1 more 
link   
This might sound a little cold harted and unsympathetic but here goes, when you cant find enough food and clean water for yourself and life is a constant struggle for everyday survival then why the hell have children? surely this is just cruel, bringing them into a world where you cant make ends meet for yourself. Since i was a nipper its been all about africa starving, i even donated all my carol singing money to sir bob geldofs "do they know its christmas' so for the last 30 years this is all we have heard in the UK , another African famine, we have sent them millions upon millions, and nothings changed. Now when our own country is massively in debt, we have a real homeless problem and many families here are finding it hard to make ends meet it really is a case of charity begins at home. There just isnt the money around there was in the 90's and early 00's
edit on 31-7-2011 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

link   
If the Europeans hadn't carved Africa up into their own little fiefdoms in the last century without regards to tribal affiliation they might have stood a chance.

If their own people didn't capture each other and sell them to Europeans to be resold in America they might have stood a chance.

If their own governments did not steal every single dime they could get their hands on when they weren't busy committing genocide upon other tribes after Europe abandoned them they might have stood a chance.

If they maintained sustainable agriculture and animal husbandry they might have stood a chance.

If they didn't breed like flies on dog crap and produce a new mouth to feed every 9 months like clockwork they might have stood a chance.

If they didn't repeat the rumors of the witch doctors that modern medicine and crops are poison they might have stood a chance.

If they'd stop killing and eating each other they might have stood a chance. (Got video I shot of that in the middle of the street in Tubmanburg)

If they moved out of the effing desert to someplace where things could actually grow they might have stood a chance.

Now explain to me why I should care?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RanDeLv2
Where are you from by the way ?

New Hampshire, why?

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Nobody wants to admit it but it is about race

No, it really isn't... but thanks for showing that you lack the brainpower to come up with a logical response, so instead default to the race card. I bet you bring up race in every argument, don't you?

"Coke is way better than Pepsi"
"It's because Pepsi has a darker label isn't it? You're a racist."

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Campy61

It means that Americans are so apathetic, self-centred and ignorant that it beggars belief.

The United States could use it's power for the better instead of immoral wars.

Do you think these people caused the famine? I'm sure they didn't want it....

Ridiculous....

And what does that make the rest of the world? China couldn't go into there and clean it up? Russia, EU, Japan etc?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join