It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famine in East Africa: Why Does Nobody Care?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

I have done something by making a donation and i will be looking at doing something over a period of time as well. Have applied to join a local volunteer group as well. It seems to me that East Africa is forgotten whilst the world's attention is focused on killing each other ie Lybia and so on, whilst through no fault of their own people are dying in their thousands.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have watched our country send aid to Africa for 50 years and send people to try and teach them how to do things. Nothing has worked, they can't seem to learn to farm or ranch, that or they are too damn lazy. They keep having kids and expose them to famine so their brains don't develop, so the next generation is as dumb as them.

They seem to Rape and have kids like mad, that they know how to do. They would have been all about dead by now from aid, but we step in an give them all very expensive drugs. Try and teach them they can't just keep having sex with everyone or at least use a condom. They can't seem to learn, but they know how to war, just like the Ghetto gangs. These people aren't advancing and aren't worth saving. They offer nothing to the world, why keep taking care of them, let nature run its coarse.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, at least it's the start of ramadan now, so they also have a reason for not eating.
edit on 2/8/2011 by DrakeBloodaxXe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Great to see some organic farming
, no one is recommending that you give up your land, but you would be pissed if Monsanto bankrupted you and forced you off the land wouldn't you ? You'd be really upset when you discovered they'd corrupted the politicians to do this and they'd rigged the laws....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Its also worth mentioning that there were many white farmers in kenya that got murdered in genocide, infact even in central africa... They all either got murdered in genocide or had to flee ala zimbabwe and if the monkeys from the ANC youth league get their way same will happen to Botswana.

Looking back in this thread in reflection.

I don't care let them die. They made their bed.

I believe in Congo maybe they specially got farmers to come work there.
edit on 2-8-2011 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Its all well when they(by they I mean, the poor, uneducated and influenced) are fed, then they just wanna have sex or rape, or they want revolution. Then stuff like this happens.

www.americanthinker.com...

afrikaner-genocide-achives.blogspot.com...

Same stuff happened in other african countries, except in south africa the media has a lil more backing from white people.

But when the chips are down and they are desperate, then westerners are good enough(well when the Chinese have done exploiting them).
edit on 2-8-2011 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

I heard about this weeks ago. I swear its a long time since i donated to Unicef. But the food started to get in last week. But ive heard that there are problems with getting the food out to the people because of war.

The African Union says they need the assistance from other african countries. And Yemen is sending weapons and whatever the opposition needs. It is just a mess. They hope the international politics will give them the help they wouldnt ask for without seriously needed it.

These are good people and we cn't forget them

Lets not forget Syria where nooone gets in at all. The video on Youtube with the bodies that was tossed in the river was just too much.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Tears rolled down my face as I watched those poor starving African children on the news last night.

Quick as a flash though, I finished chopping the onions, threw them into the pot and slammed the lid shut on my delicious beef stew. Mmmm mmmm.

Just a though, being an African American is one thing. But I suppose if they had American Africans, we wouldn't have to worry about them starving to death for at least another three years.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

You really believe that the African people are to blame and not all the corruption?
reply to post by Grimbone

The corruption is done by the African people themselves. They are killing eachother and selling each other now and have been doing so for centuries. They can't be helped.

Although the current crisis is worse than usual. It would be good if some of these millionairs (Bill Gates and such) arranged an air drop of some food and got them some water. The women and childrens suffer so much while the males go around killing and raping.

Americans are really sensitized to African suffering at this point. We have been seeing starving Africans on TV for over 30 years. I personally can't believe there are actually any left and they are still able to reproduce. Amazing

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

honestly i admire your compassion, but when my country's falling apart, the last thing i really concern myself with is other nation's problems. i mean, the entire world is in really bad shape right now. rather than funding israel or giving the entire third-world airlifted food in cardboard boxes, at least in this country, we need to fix our own way of life here, because if we dont it will get AS BAD as it is over there.

it's kind of a waste of time to constantly worry about other country's problems much as it is to constantly worry about other friend's or family member's personal problems (im talking about problems people pretend to be helpless to do about like bad relationships... obviously not problems like cancer)... when they're issues that they can solve themselves but act too helpless to do so.

like we're expected to feed the entire world... how about they learn to feed themselves? it's such a waste of resources to fly food across oceans to starving people that will have the food stolen by militias with guns anyway. why dont the adult men and women get guns themselves and defend themselves? why dont they grow fields of food? how about move away from cities where militias hold power? how about move out of the area, but not necessarily trek out of the country?

i'm sorry but they're human beings and adults... any nation ends up living in hell because the people let it get to that point - just like what's happening in the US. if people sit there and take it, then whatever ill tidings come to them is their own fault; and i'm not going to waste my time worrying about them when they asked for it in the first place. OBVIOUSLY I'M NOT BLAMING CHILDREN. that should go without saying.

it just gets me mad that everyone wants a hand out when cave men 40,000 years ago lived off of foraging the landscape and shooting game with bows and arrows made of sticks and random rocks found on the ground.

i remember a vision of giving the third world a ton of agricultural and permacultural and husbandry knowledge when i was younger, and one day i would like to do that, but what is the US supposed to do about it? if you're asking the US goes to war with somali militia or whatever then my answer as an American citizen is a loud HELL NO.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
people are dying and we dont care about it. its just amazing what kind of things can slip under our radar. we care more about kicking peoples asses in afghanistan and dont want to help humanity

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I got tired of Africa upon hearing the violence they perpetuate upon each other , especially the " starving children" .

Africa's witch children
Breast Ironing
Rape statistics ....etc ...
The country is bloody disgusting when it comes to corruption and bloodlust.
It's an absolutely exhausting chore to fix those types of social problems , when their government is part of the problem. I don't blame anyone's apathy.

It's a huge insurmountable pile of social crap ...that we have our " cultural blinders " on . We couldn't begin to understand what that type of life is like .
Something else I noticed as a common theme : Breeding .
People are so against planned parenthood , forced meds ,birth control , abortions ( population control ).... and then turn around and say " why are these people breeding "

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
We can go to war for almost any reason, but to save starving human beings..the poor...those who are "losers "...never....those with white shiny teeth and perfect bodies, and friends upon friends, they won't ring daddy about that, nah only about anyone who dares challenge their obnoxiousness.
Losers are losers right? not the squeezed? not the robbed? not the wronged? nah just starving african losers..right?
The elite don't give a fig, and they have the power.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bozotheclown

You really believe that the African people are to blame and not all the corruption?
reply to post by Grimbone

The corruption is done by the African people themselves. They are killing eachother and selling each other now and have been doing so for centuries. They can't be helped.

Although the current crisis is worse than usual. It would be good if some of these millionairs (Bill Gates and such) arranged an air drop of some food and got them some water. The women and childrens suffer so much while the males go around killing and raping.

Americans are really sensitized to African suffering at this point. We have been seeing starving Africans on TV for over 30 years. I personally can't believe there are actually any left and they are still able to reproduce. Amazing

I assume that you have never heard of bill gates charity? They probably put billions into africa, warren buffet donated like $37 billion lol.

Don't bad mouth Gates. He does more than you think.

www.gatesfoundation.org...

news.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 3-8-2011 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Just seen some news from the UK, the public there have raised 43 million pounds for famine relief , so looks like some one cares, or rather a huge amount of some one's.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by paleorchid13
Breast Ironing

I had to google that one, since I'd never heard of it.
After reading about it I've come to the conclusion the world is better off without them.
Let them starve.
If I ever felt sorry for them before, its certainly gone now.

Breast ironing is the pounding and massaging of a pubescent girl's breasts using heated objects in an attempt to make them stop developing or disappear
The most widely used implement for breast ironing is a wooden pestle normally used for pounding tubers. Other tools used include hammers heated over coals.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSforRacialHatred

People have different meanings on religions, and as far as I know, Islam has never been a race or ethnicity.
You posted that same post on several topics, and it seems very much like you're quite paranoid. If you were to respect that other people have meanings as well, although not necessarily correct according to your views, you'd probably never get banned.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
Just seen some news from the UK, the public there have raised 43 million pounds for famine relief , so looks like some one cares, or rather a huge amount of some one's.

Great!

43 million pounds sterling that will be stolen and appropriated to buy more guns, ammunition and personnel carriers which will then be used to kill each other off. Each successive wave of donations buys more ammo further reducing the number of people requiring aid until there'll just be a handful left.

Amazing concept- thanks for donating!!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
To many people on the planet..if the world wants to cause flooding and famine to even out the playing field for other species then who am I to judge.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join