It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO crash hits wind turbine

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
One question, where is the missing blade. That thing is huge and very heavy. A drone sure did not fly off with something like that sticking out of it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

It was found at the base of the tower.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Really why cant aliens learn how to fly before coming to earth....dont they have some landing course they do before leaving their home world.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It was found at the base of the tower.

In the video they said the 3rd blade was notwhere to be seen. They said in the video it was missing.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Don't believe everything you hear on youtube.

A spokeswoman said: "We're conducting a thorough investigation into what happened.

"This kind of thing has never happened to us before."

The missing blade was found on the ground beneath the turbine, she said, adding that the company could not speculate on the cause of the damage.

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

OK, so it got hauled off before the news crew got there.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Most likely the news crews decided to sex up the story, hence the silly music over the story, ITN is a quality source of news you know (not)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
That's what happens when they let the women drive.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by varikonniemi

The UFO must be hit with lightning. Yea...Someone actually spent their own time climbing up the wind turbine, put some C4 and blew it up....

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

never mind...
edit on 30-7-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Yeah right.

Aliens came all this far,and they hit the wind turbine?Nah.

Unless they were drunk i don't see a reason not to think that this is a hoax.

I'm not one of your UFO freaks that get all excited from something dead small being filmed from two miles away and i get tired of these people but this one is not fake.

Something hit the turbine but i would go with a black ops plane or somthing long before saying it's a UFO

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by varikonniemi
I'm surprised i could not find the following video discussed here at ATS

It is a youtube clip where it is reported that something collided with a wind turbine. The locals interviewed say they saw a ufo (lights in the night sky) move towards it, and then heard a big bang, to wake up next morning to see one severely bent blade, and one missing - it has not been found in the area, and we are talking the blades the size you need a hydraulic lift to transport.

What do you think ? seems almost too weird, must be a hoax?

edit on 30-7-2011 by varikonniemi because: topic

Ok, we have 2 issues here.

1) is this a hoax
2) was this caused by an alien

1) ITN doesnt seem to run hoaxes, nothing about the turbine looks faked or cgi. I'm the first one, if youve ever read my posts, to call BS on hoaxes. This definitely does not look like a hoax.

2) Now, while the turbine was clearly hit by something, I see nothing to indicate it was hit by something from another planet. Sure, it could have been. Could also have been hit by an out of control ferris wheel off its loop. Without some info beyond "broken turbine" who can say?

However, some interesting things to note.

Despite how they seem in photos, those turbines are beyond ginormous. Those egg-shaped central hubs are about the size of a man. No one flew a kite into that turbine to cause that level of damage. It could have been a small plane, a helicopter or even the spy drones various gov'ts have finally admitted they are now emploting against their populace. To quote the US intell service, "you wouldn't even know they were there unless you knew what to look for."

Then we have 2 eyewitnesses that say they saw glowing orbs and they definitely don't seem the hoaxing type. Who knows, maybe theyre in it for the buck but unless they got airlifted up there and mustered up herculean strength to destroy the turbine, Im ruling that out.

We also have the case of the missing blade. Sure one blade seem sok, the other is mangled but the third, they claim, is nowhere to be found. Presumably, whatever it was hit by managed to get it lodged in itself and kept on flying. I'm trying to picture a Sesna with a giant blade jammed in it still managing to fly on. I just don't see it.

Of course, NONE of this points to a UFO in any way, but it is definitely mysterious. The ONLY thing that "ufo-izes" this story are the witnesses. Did the turbine get damaged? Yes. Was it a powerful craft or item that hit it? Had to be. Is it odd that the third blade is gone? Very. Was it an alien space craft? Insufficient data.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Obviously something happened to destroy the wind turbine, and even though there were reports of lights in the sky prior to the demolition of the structure, one cannot jump to the conclusion that it was an extraterrestrial craft that caused the damage. One must follow the evidence, and start with the most likely scenario. Lights in the sky, 98% of the time, are terrestrial crafts or cosmic bodies...

That is the assumption I would make if I was sure this was a collision situation. If the evidence lead somewhere else, then that is the correct direction to proceed. I doubt the damage was caused by an impact with a flying "anything," because that "anything" probably would not still be flying under the circumstances. I would be willing to bet that there is a completely logical explanation for the damage to the structure...Planet X, Nibiru, collided with it. It's obvious...right?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master_007
Something hit the turbine but i would go with a black ops plane or somthing long before saying it's a UFO

Well according to Phage's link..
www.louthleader.co.uk...

The bolts used to attached the blade to the hub of the turbine exhibited classic signs of fatigue failure.

But in the same breath..

Enercon have ruled out bolt defect due to the nature of the failure and the investigation is now looking into 'supporting components'

No worries, wind farms are safe... no need to concern yourself with huge blades falling off due to metal rot and slicing up your house

Ecotricity, Enercon and the HSE have no concerns with the ongoing safety of this, or any other, wind park.

Good to know
but the dang County won't let me put one up in my backyard

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Maybe it self destructed?

Maybe something like this happened?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You've taken an out of context quote. (surprise, surprise)

Enercon have ruled out bolt defect due to the nature of the failure and the investigation is now looking into 'supporting components' - those parts on either side of the bolts.

If one of these supporting components failed it would induce stress in the bolts beyond their design limits and cause failure. Further tests are currently being carried out.

www.louthleader.co.uk...

The bolts failed because they were subjected to out of spec stresses due to failure of other components.

edit on 7/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

That was cool someone should slow that down

My votes for self destruct.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The bolts failed because they were subjected to out of spec stresses due to failure of other components.

Very true... it is hard for engineers to spec out the stress of an Alien spacecraft hitting the blades

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Aliens came all this far,and they hit the wind turbine?Nah.

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
one cannot jump to the conclusion that it was an extraterrestrial craft that caused the damage.

Originally posted by sgreco
Was it an alien space craft? Insufficient data.

Why do you guys ALWAYS assume "Aliens' when someone says UFO

Originally posted by sgreco
It could have been a small plane, a helicopter or even the spy drones various gov'ts have finally admitted they are now emploting against their populace.

Well since you don't know which one, that makes it a UFO doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Nice!! A little C4 on the post can do wonders

Here is a windmill that takes out a UFO
What IS that cigar shaped thing

edit on 30-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join