It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP "Steering" of Hurricane Charley

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm surprised noone has mentioned this yet so I will. Does anyone else find it interesting that Hurricane Charley took an unexpected turn to the right to hit a less-populated area? From what I know, there were no "steering currents" to force such a change. The CCW rotation of hurricanes leads to a tendency to move to the left in the absence of steering currents. The jet stream as well as a stalled front were well north of Florida.

So, what are the chances that HAARP was used to cause a turn to the right to hit a much less populated area than say Tampa?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I said this exact thing last night..

we were watching the news and they showed the path of the storm, I said to my G/F, they don't know where those storms are going... besides, we (man) make them and control thier movements...

of course she thinks I'm crazy...

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by titian
The CCW rotation of hurricanes leads to a tendency to move to the left in the absence of steering currents. The jet stream as well as a stalled front were well north of Florida.

If it was already headed west then it would have a tendency to move even more west but it was headed NNE, if all steering currents stopped the tendency would still be for it to move in a NE direction.
Hurricanes are some of the most unpredictable forces known to man. Though we've improved tremedously, we'll probably never be perfect. When Charley was a cat 1/2 it was being steered by that front, but when it blew up to a cat 4...well when hurricanes get that strong they basically do whatever they want to do.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
What I find interesting is that every major event eventually ends up here being analyzed by ATS members as a conspiracy. According to ATS members - it seems like there wasn't even a single event in history which wasn't connected somehow to secret US gov projects or aliens or the illuminati or whatever (Jews perhaps).

Every time there is some big hurricane or some unpredicted weather - its HAARP. When a space shuttle brakes apart - its some secret US weapon or a wierd conspiracy. 9-11? Mossad.

Weather has always been, and always will be, unpredictable (even if we can predict most of it), its a scientific fact and its simply a manifestation of chaos theory. I don't see anything mysterious or weird about this Hurricane, and weather acted in unpredictable ways long before HAARP.

[edit on 16/8/04 by Transc3ndent]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
why should things like this NOT be analyzed? and conspiracies NOT be sought, we have to question things in order to deny ignorance about them, even if it could be our own.

anyways i was wondering about this too, did anyone on the west coast of florida, especially tampa noticed any chemtrails/contrails things up in the sky right before the hurricane? Also the front that supposedly steered Charley into charlotte county didn't look as if it made it that far south??? i mean the dip was big yes, but to me it was higher up the state and not so far south when charley hit.

[edit on 8-16-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Transc3ndent
What I find interesting is that every major event eventually ends up here being analyzed by ATS members as a conspiracy.
[edit on 16/8/04 by Transc3ndent]

Uh sorry but you're wrong here... I am not one of those who blame everything on the government or HAARP. However, since it is supposedly possible to alter weather patterns with HAARP's interference in the ionospehere I posed this question.

[EDIT]: Typo.

[edit on 8/16/2004 by titian]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This thread cracks me up.

Do any of you that think it is actually possible to �steer� a hurricane have any idea of the massive amount of energy that would be required to do this?

Do you have any idea just how much mass of water vapor and air are in a hurricane? When you start moving that water and air at 140 mph, do you have any idea of the inertia involved?

You would have better luck trying to push a glacier back up a mountain side.

If you really, truly believe that this is possible, please present some sort of analysis of the forces involved to back up your claim.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I thought that HAARP was able to create weather, not control it once it is loose.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bzap
I thought that HAARP was able to create weather, not control it once it is loose.

Nope. A good look at our weather systems should prove that.

Yes, the military's interested in using weather to impact battle conditions... but we can't even dump rain in drought areas or put out California wildfires with rain. We can't stop massive flooding and we can't stop huge snowfalls (in fact, we can't even send snow to the mountains when we'd like it there.)

No. If we were able to do that, you'd see unusually good weather everywhere in the US (and particularly in Alaska.)

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

What I find interesting is that every major event eventually ends up here being analyzed by ATS members as a conspiracy

Just what in the hell are you doing here? Hello? this is a conspiracy site.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

What I find interesting is that every major event eventually ends up here being analyzed by ATS members as a conspiracy

Looks like he is using his brain and not just yelling 'conspiracy' every time
anything happens. He's more credible that way.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bzap

In reality, HAARP does neither, but that doesn�t stop some people.

HAARP is a research program to study the ionosphere. One of the research goals is to study the effect of the ionosphere on long distance communications, hence the militaries� involvement in the program.

There are plenty of theories out there on how HAARP can be used to impact weather. Unfortunately, none of those theories have any basis in science.

If you think about it, you will realize that this is true. The amount of energy in a single thunderstorm cell is pretty awesome. The notion that we could create a storm cell at will or �steer� it is just plain silly, good for a science fiction novel and probably not a very good one at that.

Here is a simplified explanation of the energy involved: www.aoml.noaa.gov...

[edit on 16-8-2004 by HowardRoark]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well, we in Tampa Bay have long thought we have some kind of paranormal "shield" over us with these things... Seems we always get missed, even when it's heading right for us. I don't think HAARP is that powerful, if it exists at all. See Byrd's reasoning on that one, as I agree with her.

Up until about 11am Friday, we thought it was going to nail the bay area. The eyewall was about 10 miles away from my house, but I never even saw any wind, and just rain sprinkles (in the northwest quadrant of the hurricane, so safest place to be)... Kind of feel like we battened down the hatches for nothing...but better safe than sorry I guess. Plus, I'm all stocked up for Earl, as it seems to be taking a similar track.... Time will tell I guess.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Looks like he is using his brain and not just yelling 'conspiracy' every time
anything happens. He's more credible that way.

It is the way he said what he said. I am saying what do you expect. I just get annoyed when people come here and get irritated when members discuss conspiracy ideas. Thats what happens here. I have no problem with people debunking theories, but just don't act all suprised when "every major event" is analysed with a paranoid stance, this is above top secret man!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

but just don't act all suprised when "every major event" is analysed with a paranoid stance, this is above top secret man!

I bet you are fun IRL!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Elevated one wrote:

besides, we (man) make them and control thier movements

umm so why did the US government make this (or any) hurricane then? Only to steer it away to a less populated area, as you say??

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
Elevated one wrote:

besides, we (man) make them and control thier movements

umm so why did the US government make this (or any) hurricane then? Only to steer it away to a less populated area, as you say??

Maybe Jeb Bush was aiming for the Democratic counties?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Good one.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm SURE the government will spend millions (if not billions) to study the ionosphere to see what effects it has on "communications" and the "environment" - I mean they are so overflowing with extra money, they are running out of ideas about what to do with it! Is that the same psychopaths that don't care one bit for human life or our environment, and do everything they can to gain more power and money, including mass murder and mass deception, as they support (and are supported by) huge corporations, and the "elite", who have their own "plans" for humanity? Maybe I have the wrong "government" in mind here. The same people who are helping trash and destroy the world are pretending to "study" it and see how to improve it? Right...

Sounds like a great cover story. Kinda like the official 9-11 story. Personally, I think this "HAARP" device has more to do with mind control than anything else. But this is just idle speculation, I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

That would be funny indeed. However, a quick look at voter registration reveals that the three direct hit counties are of a Republican majority.

Source: election.dos.state.fl.us...

Excerpt:

Lee: 140825 (Republican) 92022 (Democrat)
Sarasota: 110549 (Republican) 70326 (Democrat)
Charlotte: 49710 (Republican) 35543 (Democrat)

Oops.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join