It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals freaking out today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

No, you're wrong about that. She is a friend of mine, and were talking about the dog acting crazy yesterday evening. She isn't like that at all. You can check her posts from yesterday. I know she would never do something like that. Just go to her profile and check her posts from yesterday...
edit on 7/30/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Ok off topic but it sounds like your puppy is having her first heat. Circling the yard refusing to come inside.Whining. I remember when my first femal puppy went through this. I thought she was sick. Same exact symptoms.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Just checked the thread. PLEASE tell me you're joking. That info was posted and then later... much later... "oh btw my dog predicted this." Um, what? How gullible are you?

I don't doubt that being so close, an animal would sense it first.

That said, Etna has been at it for like what, over a month now? Also, I see no results whatsoever when I search for any events at all around Etna. I'm sure that over the course of a month, a dog is going to go into a barking fit at least once. This is what animals do. Don't attribute it to a prediction of something that has already been ongoing for such a long time. That's ridiculous.

That's like saying my neighbor's cat was meowing all night. It predicted the moon.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Regardless of anything posted in another thread, It is irrelevant to the OP in this thread. I see people saying stuff amounting to "My dog barked in California and there was a earthquake in New Zealand! Prediction right on time!!"

Are you kidding me?! At any given time, there are quakes all over the planet. This has always been the case. People take two natural, completely unrelated events, and link them with supernatural hogwash.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

First of all, I don't appreciate you suggesting I am gullible ok? Now....no one is suggesting her dog has "magical powers"....so forget that. She was merely saying the dog was acting strange and anxious (not the normal behavior for her) yesterday evening.....and then today there is a big eruption...that's all. Maybe it was coincidence or maybe the dog sensed it.....who knows? I understand your point of view, but there's no need to become combative over this....no one is pulling a "fast one", it's only a conversation.
edit on 7/30/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

They're not warning anyone about anything. Please stop perpetuating this groupthink hysteria rooted in supernatural nonsense. It must be apparent by now that nothing has happened. Please take note of this the next time you decide you want to take part in bandwagon fear tactics and supernatural fantasy.

Not a single one of you has been on topic and the OP's question still stands.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I never said all that was connected....I was only referring to Silo's dog. I agreed with you that it's not likely they were all tied in together...only the one dog.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Here's how I feel about it. This thread has been hijacked and turned into an animal prediction thread. That possibility has been all but debunked at this point. You can argue as much as you want but you know this to be true.

The OP said there are boars in the area. This would certainly spook all the animals. They are vicious little thugs. It's entirely possible that a cacophony of sound could have woken everyone without them realizing it. This experience is akin to falling asleep next to your cell phone. You wake up, check your phone, and realize you JUST missed a call but didn't even hear it. Or for example, when you swear you set your alarm but you wake up late. You realize you shut it off in your sleep and don't even recall the incident.

Now if the OP is so inclined to less likely explanations for their experience, may I present a scenario? I hinted at it earlier without outright saying it. Alien abduction.

No! I am not saying it was this. I simply find the story of everyone waking up so early, together, as having a similar feel to other stories purported to be that of an extraterrestrial encounter. So there, I said it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I agree with most of what you said, I was only referring to one person here. There's nothing wrong with healthy debate, as long as it doesn't turn into insulting each other.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
...Jack: You're so funny
Your life must be just horrible. Everyone always going against you. You, obviously, are out to help the stupid, ignorant humans of the world. The trials and tribulations!! Preach, brother, Preach!

Now- to the OP. It seems like your answer has been given. And it also seems you have quite a few people agreeing on the topic.

Animals get visibly more worked up do to environmental events, PROBABLY (that was for you, Jack) because they are considerably more connected to (mother) Earth.

OP: Good to pay attention and listen to your furry neighbors. You know if you see all the animals going one way... I'd start going that way too.

Side note: It's true what a few others have said: Jack does seem to troll around like a poop. If a handful of us have noticed, just think how many people are already just skipping over his posts.... All for naught.

Oh
I don't have any sources to site. I mean, I probably could. But I don't wanna.

edit on 30/7/11 by ElizaAshdene because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ElizaAshdene

Your input is not needed here. Everything you just said essentially amounts to a vote in favor of what has been said here many times. Again, using pure logic, the animals predicted nothing. Nothing happened, therefore there was nothing to predict.

Animals have certain senses and those can all be explained very easily without jumping to supernatural conclusions. The mere fact that they have an ability humans do not, does not mean they have special powers. This is magical thinking and completely wrong. I would love to debate you point by point on this but it is really neither here nor there.

As to your personal attacks, I apologize for the fact that you are so intimidated by me. However, I ask you to please refrain from this behavior and stay on topic. I welcome anyone to debate me on facts as they relate to the OP but I will not veer off into a pissing contest.

ETA: If you want to lock your mind into a certain outcome as it suits you to your satisfaction, that's your prerogative. However, if you wish to find the truth, you can start here and continue searching: science.howstuffworks.com...
edit on 30-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: additional content

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack

They're not warning anyone about anything. Please stop perpetuating this groupthink hysteria rooted in supernatural nonsense. It must be apparent by now that nothing has happened. Please take note of this the next time you decide you want to take part in bandwagon fear tactics and supernatural fantasy.

Not a single one of you has been on topic and the OP's question still stands.

You are entitled to believe what you want to believe...I believe that the animals are upset for a reason....and they are trying to warn us. ...this is not hysteria or supernatural...it is just what I believe.

And...sir...you will not rule me...nor what I think... nor what I say. You are just another member here and you do not rule any of us.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I hope nobody jumps to conclusions they can't prove.

..and I am still waiting for the "proof" you have. Just because ideas don't jive with what you believe, doesn't make them wrong. Telling everyone they are wrong because they don't conform to your ideas actually takes you down on the whole cause. I don't necessarily agree with it, but, I haven't done the necessary research, lab work, etc., that would cause me to say this is completely wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
While I understand that there is some evidence to suggest that animals can sense different things that humans can not, (such as the possibility of seizure-alert dogs), I would like to just say that anyone who has an animal that is acting bizarre and throwing up or getting sick should consider that this animal might actually be sick.

It would be horrible to assume that the animal is 'sensing' or 'warning people' when in fact the animal is very sick and in need of veterinary care.

I don't want to get flamed for this, but I just thought maybe it should be said, just in case.

edit on 30-7-2011 by AlphaBetaGammaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Believe whatever you please. I never once claimed to lord over anyone. Now this option has been posited thoroughly and I suggest we move on to other possibilities.

The best evidence for animals predicting anything is anecdotal at best. Due to multiple accounts of this, I'm inclined to believe it is so. However, not once has it ever been shown or even suggested that animals can do this so far in advance of an event.

If indeed nothing happens (which is apparently the case), will you then retract your statement?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Can you be more precise? The "proof" I have for what exactly? If you're speaking on proof I have that animals did not predict a CME, I have already provided it. No CME reached Earth. Case closed.

I have a responsibility as a fellow human being to challenge others ideas and present the facts of the matter. As I said already, this thread has been hijacked and twisted into an animal prediction thread. This is beyond absurd for many reasons.

I suggested the actions of the animals may have been due to the presence of predatory animals. The OP herself substantiated my theory by providing evidence her very self that notes they are present in the area.

Also, as I said many times in this, circular argument thread, no event occurred. I would go as far as to say that I can guarantee none will. Now please stop your attacks, remain on topic, and present your ideas with any supporting evidence you have.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack

Can you be more precise? The "proof" I have for what exactly? If you're speaking on proof I have that animals did not predict a CME, I have already provided it. No CME reached Earth. Case closed.

I have a responsibility as a fellow human being to challenge others ideas and present the facts of the matter. As I said already, this thread has been hijacked and twisted into an animal prediction thread. This is beyond absurd for many reasons.

I suggested the actions of the animals may have been due to the presence of predatory animals. The OP herself substantiated my theory by providing evidence her very self that notes they are present in the area.

Also, as I said many times in this, circular argument thread, no event occurred. I would go as far as to say that I can guarantee none will. Now please stop your attacks, remain on topic, and present your ideas with any supporting evidence you have.

First of all, take a quick look again junior about who started the attacks. Second, I do realize that this has been hijacked into an animal prediction thread, but, let me ask you a question sport. Did the animals communicate with you and tell you that they were predicting a CME? Couldn't have something else happened in the area? Something we don't know about because we don't live there and are expecting something big to happen?
Your suggestion of the animals actions were duly noted. However, it was just that. A suggestion. My point was, you don't know, we don't know, no one knows what the animals sense. For you to sit there and attack other members for their beliefs is childish and petty. I couldn't care less if you believe the moon is made of green cheese. If that is what you want to believe, I will try and argue my point with you without being condescending. Until now anyways.
I say to you, PROVE TO ME that NO event happened if you are going to claim everyone is false...back it up!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
ON SEVERAL THREAD MANY PEOPLE STATING 29TH FRIDAY JULY WOKE UP SUDDENLY OR FOR NO REASON MOST STATING BEFORE 9AM

Im in the UK and i also woke after only 4/5 hours sleep and felt unusually rested. People in diff contry have been stating the same. ANYONE?

SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN.

My body tells me, my gut, my body is telling me its changing right now and its bizzarre what im feeling.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Again, you're using terminology that is obviously meant to belittle me and contributes nothing to a valid argument in your favor. I was responding to another member that absolutely insisted the animals predicted a CME was going to hit.

Also, you know very well that I can't prove something that doesn't exist. It's the argument I've been making all along. I can't believe you would be so smug in your statements. How could anyone possibly prove that nothing happened? Will you now enter further into Never Never Land and claim that something did but nobody knew it? That's just pure make-believe. So because you suggest a supernatural explanation that has not been proven, you say that the logical thinkers are wrong and it's due to the fact that "Well something happened, it's just that nobody saw it." That conclusion is asinine and indulgent.

ETA: You'd do well to structure your arguments better. This may help.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 30-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: additional content

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Felicia4444

Okay. Something will not happen just because you say it will. Take a deep breath and relax. Look outside a window. See nature. Feel serene. You're going to be okay.

Although cross-linking threads is against T & C, can you please provide hints as to where you found this information? I'm not discounting what you're saying, I just don't want to dismiss what may be pieces to this puzzle out of hand.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join