It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals freaking out today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I live in the United States...in Seattle, Washington.....and my cat has been acting different the last 2 days....also I have noticed the birds in my area are upset......I have spoken to my friends about this and their dogs and cats are upset and acting different from their normal behavior.

I also spoke to one of our city's policeman..on horseback and I asked him if the horses had been acting differently..than they usually do...and he said yes...and that he was concerned.

The animals are trying to warn us of something...but what?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Crapspackle

How can some people be so nasty? It was a good chance to study to see if animals could feel anything before we did. Instead of saying it could not happen when I read about it I looked at all the nearby data. Spain had several small earthquakes all in a row and sure enough, AFTER the post by Silo, Etna began to move again with a steady gain in activity. When I had a dog, many years ago, an Afgan, we also has an earthquake, that dog heard it long before my windows rattled and howled like a banchee. Just because we don't understand something or it seems to strange to be true does not mean it can't happen.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
reply to post by LightAssassin

Don't you dare attempt to marginalize me with your unscientific claims of ridiculous proportion. Your response is supernatural and sexist.

There is nothing to be "attuned" with. A solar flare has not reached us and most likely will not. In fact, by tomorrow, your entire argument may make you a laughing stock.

Sorry, but you are wrong. You are talking about a CME, which can take a couple days to hit Earth. This flare was very brief and hot, but may not have released a CME. Flares release other energy from charged particles to X-ray to radio waves though. Charged particles released by flares have been observed traveling 1/3rd the speed of light and higher, some can make it to Earth in 15 to 20 minutes. I'll spell it out for ya:

Distance between the sun and the earth = 15 x 10^7 km
Speed of light = 3 x 10^5 km/s
Time taken by light to reach the earth = (15 x 10^7) / (3 x 10^5) s = 500 s = 8 minutes 20 seconds.
source since I am lazy

With that in mind:

Most proton storms take two or more hours from the time of visual detection to reach Earth's orbit. A solar flare on January 20, 2005 released the highest concentration of protons ever directly measured,[8] taking only 15 minutes after observation to reach Earth, indicating a velocity of approximately one-third light speed, giving astronauts as little as 15 minutes to reach shelter.

source

So technically speaking, it is entirely possible for some charged particles to hit Earth shortly after a solar flare. It is the CME you are referring to, and that is an entirely different matter.

And that is not even considering that maybe something else caused the OP's family to wake and that same something else caused the sunspot to release a quick flare. The Earth and Sun are not the only heavenly bodies and may be affected by many other forces in space.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Don't you dare attempt to marginalize me with your unscientific claims of ridiculous proportion. Your response is supernatural and sexist.

There is nothing to be "attuned" with. A solar flare has not reached us and most likely will not. In fact, by tomorrow, your entire argument may make you a laughing stock.

Earth is mostly metal and mineral in composition. You are exhibiting traits of animism and animistic thinking. This is a psychological disorder and I suggest you seek professional help. You are impressing emotions and living characteristics onto inanimate objects. I promise you, the Earth will not withhold water from me. The oceans are vast and I would love to hear how you, on behalf of this living Earth, suppose this would happen? You are making very strange threats on behalf of nature and I'm both amused and mortified

Please stop straying way off topic and attempting to hijack this thread. This is about the OP's experience. It is not time for you to make a stand in defense of your misaligned thought processes. Your lack of evidence shows your irrelevance in this thread. You are simply attempting to attack me while promoting delusional scenarios for which you alone are the source.

Claiming humans aren't sensitive to the sun is just ignorance. The sun affects our mood just as the moon increases the amount of violnce in humans

health.msn.com...

Then claiming that belief that Earth being organic is animistic is just you pushing your ideas on to others. The Earth is as living as the beings and living things on it.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nothing about that is "animistic".

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Before anyone comes in with weird tales of Niburu and whatnot, I'd like to offer some rational possibilities.

1) Could it have been a fox?
2) Are there any other predatory animals in the area?
3) Did you notice anything else out of place?
4) Could this have been human intruders?
5) Were their cries "normal" sounding? Did they sound like they were in pain or panicked?
6) How did everyone else in the area feel/ respond?

7) Was it Nibiru?
8) Did the greys steal a cow?
9) Did they notice that the sun is not where it should be?
10) Could it have been chemtrails?
11) Count how many animals are making a racket, and using Numerology they might be telling you the name of the next anti-Christ.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

edit on 30-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I gotta say, I did hop out of bed at 7am b/c my terrior was ready to go out. When we stepped out my three big dogs were all over me and lucky me, my Rot smeared something unmentionable all over my legs (they have been killing armodillos like crazy this year)...My cats behaved like cats in a normal morning rush for food, so pretty typical here, but I do feel the uneasiness!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

weird, It was at around that time that i woke up suddenly and sprinted to the bathroom to puke. I never get sick either. For the remainder of the night i couldn't sleep because I felt uncomfortable. Actually, it was 3am central

edit on 7/30/2011 by mustangill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Let me be the first to say the comments in this thread are out there.

Anybody ever thought that a low frequency earthquake could be setting them off? Like one that a human can't feel but pets can.

Just a guess.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

i have no idea if my experience is related to yours, but yes i went outside in the early hours of the morning(still dark), to have a smoke, i thought there was something not quite right, it felt like something in the air, and i could hear a dog barking but in a distressed kind of yelping bark rather than just the normal warning bark to warn of intruders due to a noise. i could hear something every so often but it was to distant to tell what it was, it was like distant thuds. at the time i thought it was not normal so it prompted me to hang around out side longer than i needed to be to listen out longer for anything else. however it went quite again, but the dog was still doing its yelping bark every so often.

i came back inside and dismissed it as nothing, nothing worthy of any mention to anybody ever because it was simply nothing. untill i saw your post. so i will recount what i heard and how i felt that morning and leave it at that.

personally i don't think it was anything, but there was a strangness in the air and a dog in the distance doing yelping barks, and on a few occassion a thud in the distance which prompted me to listen more carefully and stick around longer.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

is this why?
www.youtube.com...

edit on 3030/7/11 by BobbyShaftoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Just letting everyone know that Silo's dog was warning her last night. She lives very close to Mt Etna, and it is in full eruption right now.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Anecdotal warning:

I work around a lot of horses (near an area where horse-guided tours are conducted). And while many of these horses are in rehabilitation and are skittish towards people, I asked several of the riders today if the horses have been acting 'unusual' and the response thus far is no. $.02.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Here is a link to a live cam pointing at Etna...

Etna Webcam

Looks like a nice full lava flow.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I grew up around and on Farms and Ranches in Western US. When livestock started acting up like that, we started looking for Bear, Cougar, Wolves, Coyotes or Feral Dogs. Horses and Cattle go insane if a Bear or Cougar is is around. If you're mounted on a Horse they will throw you and run in fact.

Are there still any similar animals left in France like we have here? Or have they all been killed off? Never been there so I don't know.

A Fox won't cause it. I've seen them walking freely through Cattle and they ignore them. They are not on a Foxes menu.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Hey OP! Check this out!

spaceweather.com...

No solar flare hit us. Now the other member attempted to qualify their message after seeing that their prediction was absurd. My posts stand and the supernatural bs has been proven to be a fraud and a hoax.

Will you please now come back down to Earth? Please don't call those that are looking for real answers "debunkers." We're just looking for real answers to a real event.

This seems to me to be one of those occasions where everyone chimes in with their coincidentally similar experiences and a select few get worked up into a fearful frenzy.

Nobody will deny that animals sense things before humans. However, they don't sense it THAT far ahead and certainly not worldwide. I hope nobody jumps to conclusions they can't prove. The odds of animals sensing this apparent worldwide cataclysm so long before it occurs are, well, zero.

I hope you people out there provide real answers instead of stretching your fantasies into the absurd.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Look, what you're getting at is a separate matter and I cannot argue with it. Certainly if we can observe an event on it's way before it arrives, that means some has already gotten here in some form due to the fact that nothing travels faster than light.

You're going back to basics when I had presumed this did not need to be said. You assume I had not already taken this into account. I'm no simpleton. Believe me, I look at the entirety of possibilities and I'm well versed on anything I post.

That said, as I have already shown, NO CME HIT EARTH. Even if you're coming back to reality in saying that animals can sense this change in waves, exclusive of psychic ability, you are still wrong. Not to mention, the fact that these are waves of energy and are minimal at best. There are no particles yet during an observation, making it less likely to be detected by animals in my opinion.

You're falling in line with everyone else offering nothing more than speculation without even the slightest evidence whatsoever to support your claims. Therefore, it is made up. You made it up.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

I think Silo's dog could sense something was going to happen though....she had been pacing and whining all night and right now Mt Etna (very close to her house) is erupting big time. I don't think they can sense worldwide events (my cats are just chillin like usual) but localized, yes they can ...check out the live cams for Etna, it's crazy!
edit on 7/30/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
strange you bring this up since the dogs were seriously fighting each other last night which had to be around midnight (US CST), a first and for no apparent reason also noticed that the female acted unusually hyper for an hour or so

edit on 30-7-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I think that entire post is a scam. I would like to know which time zone this member is in as well as the time of the first indication that Etna was doing anything. I would bet my life that as soon as this member saw or heard Etna, doing anything, they rushed inside to post this in order to gain stars and flags. I demand a timeline of these events.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join