It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother living at same apt for last 20 years says sun is off kilter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
My mother has been living in the same apt for the last 20 years and spends all her days off and evenings on her South facing patio doing it up with flowers and plants for spring/summer, spending a majority of her time there reading, having tea, getting some sun and enjoying the outdoors...........

Well she said to me thatthe sun is off kilter. She has a fav chair she sits in and keeps it in certain spots for max sun exposure, and says that after 20 years ,she now gets more shade and different shade to sun ratios.

I brushed it off until coming onto ats to read the news and browse and found the Inuit posting about the sun being off. Weird. I tbink somethings up.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yes only the head in the sand types can say everything is ok.

Have we moved or is it the sun?The terror of all of this is sometimes too much,will we ever find out?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
If anything, it is due to Earth's natural "wobble": en.wikipedia.org...

Aside from that, she is only confusing past enjoyment with current displeasure...no worries, it happens to the best of us.

my 2-cents

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
Yes only the head in the sand types can say everything is ok.

Have we moved or is it the sun?The terror of all of this is sometimes too much,will we ever find out?

Yes we will find out. Eventually a credible person will say what a lot of otherpeople have been saying.

or maybe no one will say anything because it is not true

The sun could not have moved at least that is a starting point.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You obviously know that a thread about this exists already.

Why start another?

edit on 29/7/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I don't know about that maybe a new building is near her blocking the sun or neighbors built a fence that blocks the sun. I don't think anything is different with either the sun or moon. They are where they're supposed to be as far as I can tell.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Here's a hint, seasons progress. The sun is constantly changing position. Is your mother an expert on the subject? Does she have the means to quantify any data related to this matter?

ETA: I just saw the Inuit video. I'm literally shocked and appalled that it has generated such a vast new niche of conspiracy theorys. Look, these are simple folk. They are not scientists. A polar shift (magnetic) has nothing to do with the Earth as a mass actually shifting. Polar shift is not a conspiracy theory in and of itself. It's a natural process and it's happening right now. That's not up for debate. People are blowing this whole thing WAY out of proportion. Were the Earth to shift so greatly and if there were any cover-up, it would implicate literally millions of scientists across a broad spectrum of scientific fields. There's just no way this is true.
edit on 29-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: additional content

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
See, you dont noticed it unless you know the sun very well.
Hell, even i think its moved, but every single night the cloudcover covers the sunset.. odd, since i havent been able to see a full senset since the last one i saw. But i remembered where the sun set, and i do believe that it is off kilter too, but i cannot be sure. I don't think the sun would move positions in the sky as quickly as i think it did, not without something screwing up the earth.

But you never know. What we need is someone to take pictures of the sun every day for the next month and see if its all effed up.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Didnt the japan quake tilt us 3 degrees? That is what i was led to believe?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

No. It did tilt us but it was a very small fraction of what you said. Somewhere around 25 centimeters (10 inches). Barely the most minute fraction of a fraction of a degree.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
.. odd, since i havent been able to see a full senset since the last one i saw.

Lol, oh really?

Kidding aside, taking pictures for a month proves nothing. As I said, and as is common knowledge, the position of the sun changes constantly. A result (or cause) of having different seasons. Now take pictures over a few decades from a single spot, account for errors and variables, and then you'll see what's up.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well, if that's not a credible witness....

I don't know what is.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I just posted this on another thread about the same topic:

This answer to this issue is more complex and requires an understanding of the transitions the planet is in.

Why would people all of the sudden be saying this, in various locations around the world? It makes sense that folks will see UFO's, they always have and something not understood is the very definition, but the Sun being off is hardly a hysterical- connection type of thing. In fact, many observing the same thing is downright odd. Seems most of the folks who have posted this observation have noticed it first, then posted as opposed to being told and then confirming.

In short. If you notice the change in the Sun, either in quality of light, or location, or even feeling - you are going to transition smoothly when things begin to take hold in the near future.

If you see the sun as exactly the same as you have always seen it, you will transition very differently then the above folks.

The Sun is the consciousness for that guides all of consciousness in our solar system, it is showing you, very subtly that things are changing. If you don't see it, but see the reality you live is as simply stars, dust, theories on black holes then you will transition into a reality that is consistent with your ability to process what is happening - a lessor reality that will mimic what you have now. If you connect with the driving force in your reality, the Sun, then you will access new realities far beyond the limitation of this one.

So, if you understand the consciousness that is at play in this reality, relative to your entire soul based consciousness, then you can understand that seeing both versions of the sun at this time is possible. If you are linear in your thinking, believing in good solid, man made and defined science as your reality, then you won't understand it so simply stop trying to say that anyone who sees things differently then you is an idiot. Remember, the god of science was called an idiot by those before him.

Sun worship, worship, goes back to day one - and it isn't because of the light and warmth, but because it is the overlord of this reality - you just see it as a ball of light.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack

No. It did tilt us but it was a very small fraction of what you said. Somewhere around 25 centimeters (10 inches). Barely the most minute fraction of a fraction of a degree.

Have a look at this and well talk. What is a minute fraction of a fraction of a degree? lol It seems when you googled your response to this thread you failed to read what you were posting. How do you explain the runways being off in all the airports as well? 10" would not be noticed nor would it cause them to have to repaint the numbers on the runways. There ya gofreemanireland.ning.com...

edit on 29-7-2011 by AllUrChips because: punct

edit on 29-7-2011 by AllUrChips because: spell

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You're misinterpreting things and using a biased source. Your source does verify what I said however. 25cm shift. The runways being misaligned is due to polar shift. As I previously stated, this is a natural occurrence and is not up for debate.

What is up for debate is a cataclysmic sudden shift of the magnetic poles. There is no evidence of this whatsoever and I would ask you to please cite reputable sources concurring with your viewpoint.

ETA: Please don't put out information and make it appear as if you haven't already made up your mind. You were purposely waiting to bait someone into an argument. If you already had these figures, why didn't you state that openly before pretending not to know? I was only trying to help you and clear up any misinformation or forgotten stats.
edit on 29-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Please stay on topic. Do not derail this thread with your unscientific, fairy tale, made-up, mumbo-jumbo. I would ask for you to please cite your reputable sources and their relation to the OP. Thank you.
edit on 29-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: grammar

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

reply to post by crankyoldman

Please stay on topic. Do not derail this thread with your unscientific, fairy tale, made-up, mumbo-jumbo. I would ask for you to please cite your reputable sources and their relation to the OP. Thank you.
edit on 29-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: grammar

i understand your objectivity, and your own bias if you do have it. this isn''t something i can weigh in on, but at the time, it's not something i can say is BS either, and either can you. all you're doing is appealing to authority against people who have millennia of empirical knowledge o the movement of the stars, and in this case, 20 years of experience from a woman who has lived in the exact same spot and knows exactly where the sun should be.

i'm not saying anybody is wrong, but you can't say any witness isn't credible until you can thoroughly refute their logical conclusions. and don't speak ill of any fairy tail or mumbo jumbo, your trusted science is very much witholding, and has its own intentions, and beholden to any corporate backers that want their own way. science is truth but scientists are still men.

you're the one derailing the thread by saying this is all bs and there must be some scientific explanation, but that's all. of course there is, but you certainly don't have it, and until then, you're saying everyone is wrong, and calling others derailers becaue they are engaging in the actual topic and discussion of such things.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Outstanding!
This would be the first time I've had a response that was so well spoken. And as far as everything in your response, I completely agree. You sure know how to adjust your sights.

Please excuse any insolence on my part. I'm very impressed.

As for the OP, I still don't buy it.

ETA: I have no reason to doubt what the OP says. No fantastic claims or anything of the sort. I just feel it's adding fuel to a place where there's no fire.
edit on 29-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: additional content

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

The calculations also show the Japan quake should have shifted the position of Earth's figure axis (the axis about which Earth's mass is balanced) by about 17 centimeters (6.5 inches), towards 133 degrees east longitude. Earth's figure axis should not be confused with its north-south axis; they are offset by about 10 meters (about 33 feet). This shift in Earth's figure axis will cause Earth to wobble a bit differently as it rotates

www.nasa.gov...

This tells me that if the earths wobble is off, then the sun would appear off by just a bit

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

You're misinterpreting things and using a biased source. Your source does verify what I said however. 25cm shift. The runways being misaligned is due to polar shift. As I previously stated, this is a natural occurrence and is not up for debate.

What is up for debate is a cataclysmic sudden shift of the magnetic poles. There is no evidence of this whatsoever and I would ask you to please cite reputable sources concurring with your viewpoint.

ETA: Please don't put out information and make it appear as if you haven't already made up your mind. You were purposely waiting to bait someone into an argument. If you already had these figures, why didn't you state that openly before pretending not to know? I was only trying to help you and clear up any misinformation or forgotten stats.
edit on 29-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: (no reason given)

There's a certain irony in your post...
The original post is about an old lady making an observation about her usual sunny position changing. This would be a natural occurrence yet observed as out of the ordinary after so many years of sitting in the same place. So the thread is about these observations in general and as to whether others have noticed the same thing. No debate really just observations.

What is up for debate is a cataclysmic sudden shift of the magnetic poles.

Says who? You? No debate was asked for in the original thread and no mention of cataclysmic sudden shift of the magnetic poles. I'm sure we all would have noticed that if it had happened lately.Make your own thread about it then if you want to debate it.

ETA: Please don't put out information and make it appear as if you haven't already made up your mind. You were purposely waiting to bait someone into an argument.

How about you repeat that sentence while holding up a mirror as well as your line telling others to stay on topic.

OK so you are the centre of your universe but allow other people to contribute to the thread without making it all about you.

Btw... my little morning reading place in the sun has changed too. A lot more shade than usual and the fence has been there for 35 years.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join