It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Deliver Statement on Debt Ceiling Negotiations @10:20 am E.S.T: (get ready for the lies)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Watch for it...

He'll speak from the corner of his mouth...

Look carefully, you'll see it.

He'll be saying at least two different things.
edit on 29-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Okay, the skinny of the Obama Press conference.

President Obama is urging Senate Democrats and Republicans to compromise to solve the nation's debt crisis.

Okay, lets say the two houses get together and hammer out a Great plan. But, the Spedning increases would expire to the Election of 2012.

Now, with both the House and Senate agreeing to this, Obama said he would Veto anything that doesn't go beyound the election of 2012.

Only proving one thing.

This whole mess is Made Up Drama by Obama to get Obama re-elected.

If he was worried about the country, he wouldn't be worried about when the money stops.... unless you are one who is ADDICTED to SPENDING Other Peoples Money.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thanks for linkage.

watching this with curiosity from Aus. Signing a deal by Tuesday would result in a slow death to american economy or can go for the quicker option.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
its the same dance like with the fed gov shuting down few months back - fearmongering , waiting to the last possible minute and then obama hero will fix it by bypassing the congress (your constitution allowes such move).

all i see is political wrestling and acting

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by reassor

Please point out where Obama has the Legal right to by-pass Congress.

I have been hearing this but not one thing that actually allows this to happen.

Thanks.

(and, if it isn't such a big deal, why all the name calling, fear mongering, divisionism, begging, cry-babying etc etc that Obama and his administration is saying it is? Hmmmm.

Why is the media making such a big deal about it then? I guess they want to mess with the Republicans.... tsk tsk-holding the country at bay like that.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Here ya go...3 ways Obama can bypass Congress

articles.cnn.com...:OPINION

Sovereign governments such as the United States can print new money. However, there's a statutory limit to the amount of paper currency that can be in circulation at any one time.

Ironically, there's no similar limit on the amount of coinage. A little-known statute gives the secretary of the Treasury the authority to issue platinum coins in any denomination. So some commentators have suggested that the Treasury create two $1 trillion coins, deposit them in its account in the Federal Reserve and write checks on the proceeds.

The government can also raise money through sales: For example, it could sell the Federal Reserve an option to purchase government property for $2 trillion. The Fed would then credit the proceeds to the government's checking account. Once Congress lifts the debt ceiling, the president could buy back the option for a dollar, or the option could simply expire in 90 days. And there are probably other ways that the Fed could achieve a similar result, by analogy to its actions during the 2008 financial crisis, when it made huge loans and purchases to bail out the financial sector.

If the president reasonably believes that the public debt will be put in question for either reason, Section 4 comes into play once again. His predicament is caused by the combination of statutes that authorize and limit what he can do: He must pay appropriated monies, but he may not print new currency and he may not float new debt. If this combination of contradictory commands would cause him to violate Section 4, then he has a constitutional duty to treat at least one of the laws as unconstitutional as applied to the current circumstances.

This would be like a statute that ordered the president to hire 50 new employees provided that none of them is a woman. The second requirement violates the Constitution, so the president can hire the 50 employees and ignore the discriminatory provision

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Only proving one thing.

This whole mess is Made Up Drama by Obama to get Obama re-elected.

Obama does not have the power to create this drama. He can't propose nor vote on any bills in Congress.

You are right, this all has been made up in an attempt to affect the 2012 election...but not by Obama...it is being created by the Republicans and the Tea Partiers. They are the only ones that can create this, since they control the House.

You can continue to deny it, but Republicans are losing public opinion in this one.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I could care less if the repubs win any favor here. Just do the right thing. Stop spending.

So, do you think Obama would sign anything put forth by both parites that would stop short of paying past the 2012 election?

Time will tell but I bet in the end it will be Obama that won't compromise.

By the way, what is Obama's plan. Give me some highlights of it.

Obama doesn't have the power to create the Drama. Please. Give us ALL a break.

He is the King of Drama Queens.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Amendment 14 clause 4.

im no lawyer - my english is not my primary language - so i fail to see how this would work - but your own congress representative from california said its this one.

"The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void."

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The 14th amendment... being used to raise the debt ceiling through executive power is an insane twist to the words of that amendment.

It only says that the debt is legal... meaning that it cannot be just forgotten and not paid. Well guess what, even if the debt ceiling ain't raised, THERE'S MONEY COMING IN, ENOUGH TO PAY THE INTEREST ON THE DEBT.

So Obama has to follow the 14th amendment... use the money coming in to pay the debt first ... it doesn't mean squat in regards to the debt ceiling.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So the 14th covers discretionary spending?
2nd

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

dont ask me - i used california congressman (democrat, law-maker) own interpretation.

but ill not argue about its meaning since i do not see anything there that would point me into his interpretation.

but as for political inuendo that is played right now - its just for show. And the default will not happen since there will be agreement reached just before deadline.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by reassor
reply to post by beezzer

dont ask me - i used california congressman (democrat, law-maker) own interpretation.

but ill not argue about its meaning since i do not see anything there that would point me into his interpretation.

but as for political inuendo that is played right now - its just for show. And the default will not happen since there will be agreement reached just before deadline.

Agreed. When is intermission?
(I need more popcorn)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
10 sec before the credits?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

You are right, this all has been made up in an attempt to affect the 2012 election...but not by Obama...it is being created by the Republicans and the Tea Partiers. They are the only ones that can create this, since they control the House.

Then why is his key demand that any change in the debt ceiling be funded to last beyond the 2012 elections?

He's a grifter if ever there was one.
He needs the extra dough to buy votes in 2012.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Give it a rest....

Obama and the Dems had PLENTY of time to sort out the budget BEFORE the Reps took control..

I wonder why they waited, did they want an excuse to blame someone else for their inadequacies??

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by anon72

Watched it. Wonder if he meant Tea Party when he said that all people must be involved, not one faction.

I still say no. Nope. Nein. Uh-uh. To the debt ceiling being raised.

Yeah, what an idiotic idea that the government should work for all the people in the country when clearly what makes America great is when the government only does what Bezzer and the TEAbaggers want. Right? That is the America you like?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
So the 14th covers discretionary spending?
2nd

I heard if Obama sells all the gold in Fort Knox that would give us about $200 Billion.
We have even more gold at West Point.

------------
That could hold us over for 1 month. Then what?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Give it a rest....

Obama and the Dems had PLENTY of time to sort out the budget BEFORE the Reps took control..

I wonder why they waited, did they want an excuse to blame someone else for their inadequacies??

Well, in fact they did. This will be the third debt ceiling raise under Obama. However he is not alone in this .

romanticpoet.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here , let me get ready.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join