It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Deliver Statement on Debt Ceiling Negotiations @10:20 am E.S.T: (get ready for the lies)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Fox News just broke this story. Still developing.
www.foxnews.com...
One thing I can assure you.

Bush will be blamed for causing this mess... within-say 35 secs. The Rep House members will be vilified and made fun of as being Tea Baggers....

Any, we will all be told the world will end as we know it...

None of which is true.

Well except that Obama's SPENDING world is ending as HE knows it.

Remember, if Obama's Lips are moving.... He's either lying or blowing smoke up .... ...

Oh, an I can't wait to see his Facial Expressions as he talks to the country like were a bunch of 12 year olds.

Matter of fact, we Just might see Obama become unglued and a total display that will not be Presidential.

And, Obama has offered ONE idea into fixing this mess.. "I don't want to muddy the waters more than they are".

edit on 7/29/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Hey OP,

Good find, I would havemissed this. Now, when you say 10.20 a.m., which time zone are you referrring to? West Coast America? If so, think I may be working, but I'll set this to record.

Peace
edit on 29-7-2011 by Thundersmurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

Eastern Time, or 40 mins from now.
edit on 29-7-2011 by zionistsareterrorists because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Keep your ears open for a hidden message, just like May 1st.

I wonder if he mentions the name of a movie, he seems to like to do that.

st.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
2 points:

1.) Maybe you should hear him out before claiming he's lying.

2.) Some people need to realize this is an actual person, and not one who's trying to ruin America as well. I say that as most people seem to believe that's what he's doing (as well as the last guy, and the one before him and so on..) and quite frankly It's stupid.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

10:20am, just perfect! While I and all the other hard working Americans are at work, the President will go on TV and spew out scare propaganda to all the Seniors and welfare recipients sitting around their living rooms.

Does anyone really think the media would grant this much air time if Bush were in office?

This is such a joke.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2
reply to post by anon72

10:20am, just perfect! While I and all the other hard working Americans are at work, the President will go on TV and spew out scare propaganda to all the Seniors and welfare recipients sitting around their living rooms.

Does anyone really think the media would grant this much air time if Bush were in office?

This is such a joke.

Anytime the President gives a speech to the nation, the media will televise it.
So, YES, the media would give this much airtime to Bush.

But youre right on, with your first remark. This speech will most likely be directed to the unemployed, senior citizens and welfare.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The Rep House members will be vilified and made fun of as being Tea Baggers

As they should be.

It is common knowledge that the majority of people rightly view them as the roadblock in this situation.

More Tea Partiers refuse to vote for ANY debt ceiling increase and the other Republicans think "compromise" means that they get everything they want and others give in.

The people have seen them for what they are this time...I've even seen Fox News commentators call them out and place the blame on them.

Keep trying though...it's entertaining.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
One thing you Won't hear Obama talk about.

The fact that if the US Gov't stopped Base line Budgeting and didn't increase any of it's spending the US would have about 7-8 trillion dollars this time next year.

It called living within your means.

Oh, and another thing you won't hear from him. That he is cutting all the 35+ Czars he hired from 6 digit incomes/salaries.

Or not give 100 million to the UN for Climate Control work.

Go ahead O.S> keep towing Obamas line. I would expect nothing less.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

1 Point:

What is Obama going to say that is different than the last 4 Press-Conferences on this topic?

It will be all Fear Mongering and Finger pointing.... Except at Obama... the Real and True reason this is all occurring.

STOP SPENDING

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This past time he said the word Armageddon! Maybe this time he will say Hell!

Naw, that would mean he would be telling the truth for once!

edit on 7/29/2011 by Greensage because: spelling error

edit on 7/29/2011 by Greensage because: darn the spelling on a friday!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Does anyone know of any links so i can watch it live online?

Surely there will be a resolution to this. There has to be.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
One thing you Won't hear Obama talk about.

The fact that if the US Gov't stopped Base line Budgeting and didn't increase any of it's spending the US would have about 7-8 trillion dollars this time next year.

It called living within your means.

Oh, and another thing you won't hear from him. That he is cutting all the 35+ Czars he hired from 6 digit incomes/salaries.

Or not give 100 million to the UN for Climate Control work.

Go ahead O.S> keep towing Obamas line. I would expect nothing less.

We could definitely make a difference by NOT increasing spending. I heard Paul Ryan talk last night, and he had some great solutions for stopping the runaway spending, which would make a huge difference over the coming decade.

The Tea Party continues to be bashed on ATS (just like on the media.) All the Tea Party supporters want is for the country to start living within its means.

People can continue to paint them as crazy extremists, but I am proud that they are standing up for what they believe in. I know it's not easy to stand by your convictions, but I am glad some of these politicians are finally doing this, even though they are being demonized.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Your title.

(get ready for the lies)

You open with

That is pretty funny. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Rising Against

1 Point:

What is Obama going to say that is different than the last 4 Press-Conferences on this topic?

It will be all Fear Mongering and Finger pointing.... Except at Obama... the Real and True reason this is all occurring.

STOP SPENDING

Even if Obama spent ZERO dollars...we would still have this issue.

It's hilarious that you think Obama alone has hit the debt ceiling

You do realize the debt ceiling has been raised before right...10 or 11 times...this isn't anything new. The ONLY thing new about this is Republicans are trying to use it to gain advantage...and it has backfired 100% on them. Now they are stuck...do they actually compromise for the good of the country and go against the moron Tea Partiers...or do they stick to their demands and screw the country...and get the blame placed squarely on their shoulders.

Republicans are screwed either way...they have lost this little game.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It would be nice if Obama would just say that we are going to default and get on with the plan on how to do it in an orderly fashion.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com...
One thing I can assure you.

Bush will be blamed for causing this mess... within-say 35 secs. The Rep House members will be vilified and made fun of as being Tea Baggers....

Any, we will all be told the world will end as we know it...

None of which is true.

Well except that Obama's SPENDING world is ending as HE knows it.

Remember, if Obama's Lips are moving.... He's either lying or blowing smoke up .... ...

Oh, an I can't wait to see his Facial Expressions as he talks to the country like were a bunch of 12 year olds.

Matter of fact, we Just might see Obama become unglued and a total display that will not be Presidential.

And, Obama has offered ONE idea into fixing this mess.. "I don't want to muddy the waters more than they are".

Yes, indeed, it will be more lies as you say, if his lips are moving there are lies coming out of his mouth.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
i got my eye on this live video feed.

interactive.foxnews.com...

no one on yet.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo2

Does anyone know of any links so i can watch it live online?

Here ya go,... enjoy?

linky

*ETA* camera is on now, President is on
edit on 29-7-2011 by blood0fheroes because: update

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Watched it. Wonder if he meant Tea Party when he said that all people must be involved, not one faction.

I still say no. Nope. Nein. Uh-uh. To the debt ceiling being raised.

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

www.nationalreview.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join