It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LulzSec spokesman arrested in e-crime investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hi,

It seems like the net is tightening.

Today (27 July) officers from the Metropolitan Police Service's (MPS) Police Central e-Crime Unit (PCeU) arrested an 18-year-old man [C] in a pre-planned intelligence-led operation.

He is believed to be linked to a continuing international investigation into the criminal activity of the so-called "hacktivist" groups Anonymous and LulzSec, and allegedly uses the online nickname "Topiary" which is presented as the spokesperson for the groups.

He was arrested under the Section 3 of the Computer Misuse Act and Section 1 of the Criminal Law Act 1977 at a residential address in the Shetland Islands and is currently being transported to a police station in central London. A search is underway at the address.

A residential address in Lincolnshire is also being searched. A 17-year-old male [D] is being interviewed under caution at a Lincolnshire police station in connection with the inquiry. He has not been arrested.

Today's operation is linked to PCeU's investigation into network intrusions and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks against a number of international business and intelligence agencies by what is
believed to be the same hacking group.

It was carried out with the assistance of the Scottish Crime and Drug Enforcement Agency (SCDEA) and Lincolnshire Constabulary.

+ There have been two earlier arrests during the inquiry - a 19 year old man [A] has been charged and is remanded to appear at Crown Court in late August; a 16-year-old boy [B] is bailed to return in late August
pending further inquiries.

Source: content.met.police.uk...

Hi

Thanks for noticing that makes me happy. However my own viewpoints in this matter is simply:

I think LulzSec and all other criminals should be arrested and put to justice. I don´t support them and I don´t support the ideology.

Therefore I think I´m not really objective in the matter and therefore I like mostly to comment on things I actually care about. Still the news is relevant I think.

Also, If this has been posted before, even that I missed that doing my enormous research
- I am sorry about that.

In the future, when I post something - I´ll make sure to post my own oppinion and if I dont really have any I will not post the thread.

Once again sorry for reposting something already posted. We are already using plenty of space on the site and is also doing ours to the Global Warming issue.

Thanks,

edit on 29/7/11 by Hilltaker because: Ordered to.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Not true. Police arrested the wrong person according to most accounts. Egg on the face of the British police, duped by some Swedish hacker

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hey ,

I have noticed you churn out threads quite fast .

It is good BUT its also against TnC to post nothing but a link pretty much .

I suggest adding your own viewpoints on the material you present otherwise your threads will be deleted .

--------------------

This has been happening alot on this site lately and i have noticed it especially from you so you might want to put abit of self substance into your threads . You will also find that people will reply with alot more fervor then they usually do with your threads and others that do the same thing .

---------------------

Omega

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Today (27 July)

That was 2 days ago... round the same time it was POSTED ON ATS..

please use the search function, thank you.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Since when has it been a crime to be a spokesperson for a criminal organization? If he doesn't commit crimes he shouldn't be arrested? I'm confuzled

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Since when has it been a crime to be a spokesperson for a criminal organization? If he doesn't commit crimes he shouldn't be arrested? I'm confuzled

Hi,

I am not sure if it is actually criminel to be a spokesmen for a criminal organization. I would think if it is actually criminel like the mafia it must be? - So yes I think it is criminel.

Again sorry for reposting something already posted. Missed that.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Hi Omega,

Thanks for the guidelines.

I will try to do more like this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

That also looks more pro. But it was actually first today I even learned how to use the off-site context thing. I will practice and make some good posts

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
yep still confusion over whether this is the right guy. Web ninjas have fingered a swedish dude but even on their page of info theres 2 youtube video interviews with someone claiming to be topiary and the guy speaks with a scottish accent.

1. the guy speaking in interviews is not topiary and is some other scottish dude
2. the guy speaking in interviews is swedish topiary putting on a scottish accent.
3. Topiary is in fact scottish and is the person in those audio interviews. The police have arrested the right guy & web ninjas are wrong

can't wait to see what happens next ..
edit on 29-7-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
1. the guy speaking in interviews is not topiary and is some other scottish dude
2. the guy speaking in interviews is swedish topiary putting on a scottish accent.
3. Topiary is in fact scottish and is the person in those audio interviews. The police have arrested the right guy & web ninjas are wrong

can't wait to see what happens next

Hi mate,

Thanks for posting even though that this post did not went where I hoped.

The information you are providing is that something you have sources for? - I would like to look further into that and then create a new post with the information as it sounds very intriguing.

Please get back to me thanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

Hi hilltaker here's the link for webninjas page on topiary
lulzsecexposed.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

Hi hilltaker here's the link for webninjas page on topiary
lulzsecexposed.blogspot.com...

Thanks a lot I look into that directly.

Very awesome that you just found that for me. I´ll add you to freinds. You are very welcome to share important information with me and I will then try to make posts and set it up when I have time.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

But didn't the terrorist organization IRA have a spokesperson too? I have a vague recollection of a dark haired and bearded guy or something. Correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Haha, I think LulzSec and Anonymous are funny people.. They're at least showing the world that you can # something big up thanks to the interwebz

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

thats gerry adams

He rose to be leader of Sinn Fein which is basically the legit political wing of the IRA. He has been repeatedly accused of being a member of the IRA but always denied it. Sin Fein is the largest political party in ireland.

diffirence is Sinn Fein = legal, IRA = illegal
edit on 29-7-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hi mate,

Yes that is an awesome example, but in Denmark Hells Angeles lawyers etc has been looked into and in the past some of those spokesmen has been charged. Even for minor things. I think you guys call it harassment.

So even that it might be legal, I think you are placing yourself in a situation where you are more likely to get into troubles with the police.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
UK says it has the right Topiary

A flurry of speculative press accounts since the arrest insisted that Scotland Yard got the wrong man, citing an alleged chat where Topiary said he had adopted the nickname from someone else and that he hoped his enemies would go after the other person, who might be in Ireland or Scotland, home to the Shetlands. Various foes of Lulz and Anonymous believed the important Topiary to be a 23-year-old Swede.

But the Scotland Yard spokesman expressed no doubts. Detectives “are not looking for anyone else in relation to the identity `Topiary’”, he told me.

Topiary's twitter has been silent.
If this isn't the guy, the authorities ain't looking elsewhere for him.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pwndnewb

Ok so you think it is him or?

There is a big possibility that it is him I think.

new topics

top topics

join