It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten Years After - Or How to Lead a Truth Movement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
reply to post by Yankee451

Sorry, its very difficult to share a hallucination.

Mmmm, no its not, you saw the buildings fall like a controlled demolition and still believe the planes did it (dont forget 7 had no plane hit, and you still believe it fell due to fires. Now thats really "fairy"), if thats not hallucinating...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Sixteen, when someone mentions WTC 7's fires, and doesn't speak about the damage done to it by the collapse of WTC 1, ignore them. Hopefully they don't vote......cause they are a few sandwiches short of a picnic when it comes to the facts about the events of 9/11.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

What are you talking about? Would you like to comment on my thread?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451
The only truth movement that has any chance of succeeding is one led by you, with you as its sole member.

I know it's bad form to comment without reading the full thread, but I just found this one before heading to bed soon, and I wanted to say thank you for saying this. It needs to be said, and heard, as often as possible.

And yes, I see the irony in quoting you telling me not to follow anyone... there's a lot that I disagree with you about, and probably lots that I agree with, but as for this sentence, truer words were never spoken.

I'll be back in the morning to read the full thread and probably share my thoughts. Cheers.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by magicrat

Hello and thanks...

I think you get it, trust your own self, as it were.

Here on ATS, to post on the 911 forums is like sticking your head in a buzz saw; its a lot like that Monty Python sketch "Argument Clinic".

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Ha! Yeah, I've been reading in this forum for a while, and sometimes it's more like accidentally walking into the Abuse room instead of the Argument room...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicrat

Ha! Yeah, I've been reading in this forum for a while, and sometimes it's more like accidentally walking into the Abuse room instead of the Argument room...

Arguing about Newtonian Physics 42 years after the Moon landing is pretty abusive.

psik

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Okay, I think I'm ready to put my head in that buzz saw now

I really enjoyed your post, Yankee451, and the thoughts / debates it's inspired on these few pages. I feel like most people missed what I read as your main point though; that every organized "movement" - from the 9/11 commission report to the folks who call in to the Alex Jones show - probably has an element of misinformation, disinformation, or controlled opposition designed (intentionally or not) to derail or discredit discussions and make it more difficult to keep focus on facts and evidence.

So my takeaway from your original post is to lead my own one-person truth movement - to read the damn fool conspiracy web sites and watch the debunking videos; to listen to the arguments of all sides with an open mind and a healthy skepticism.

I think I've tried to do that since I first started thinking that there were details about the events that didn't make sense (for me, that was early in the afternoon of 9/11 - I think the first question I remember clanging around in my head was the flight path of Flight 77 as it was shown on the news, and then watching WTC 7 collapse that evening), and I've tried to maintain that as I've discovered more questions, and looked for concrete information that helps to shed light on the confusion.

In a lot of instances, I've only found more confusion, and that's frustrating, but I still think it's important - for me, at least - to keep asking questions and acknowledging pieces of evidence that don't fit, and not to pretend that I know the answers, or allow myself to believe that someone else knows the answers...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join