It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Constitution Makes Default Illegal: What a Real President Would Do on August 1, 2011.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

By Webster G. Tarpley, Ph.D.

My fellow Americans:

I speak to you tonight in an hour of grave danger to our nation. As you know, within the next few hours our government is in danger of failing to make payments of interest and principal which the United States Treasury has contracted to make. In technical terms, we are not far away from beginning to default on payments associated with those US Treasury securities which represent the public debt of the United States. As part of the same crisis, there is now a threat to over 70 million checks which your government issues every month — payments which go to recipients of Social Security, to providers of health services under the Medicare program, to Medicaid beneficiaries, to our active-duty and retired military personnel, to our defense contractors, to our government employees — in short, to everyone who receives a benefit from the federal government, who works for the federal government, or who does business with the federal government.
Default Means National Bankruptcy and World Chaos

Just imagine if a President any President had the courage to give a speech like this on August 1st.Won't happen because both of our self-proclaimed parties are using this current crisis for political capital and self promotion.They want to pull the entire planet into Neo-Feudalism don't be fooled by the labels of "Neo-liberal" and "Neo-Con" These rat bastards are trying to bring about a feudalistic system.

tarpley.net...

edit on 013131p://4826 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS - Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/28/2011 by Mirthful Me because: EX Tags & Link.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is nothing but fear mongering. We will not default. The republicans dont want tax hikes on the super rich and the democrats want a blank check. The president cannot use the 14th ammendment to raise the debt ceiling on his own. His will be impeached almost immediately.

The solution to this is to do nothing and watch as on August 2nd the sky doesnt fall and chicken little crawls back into his chicken coop. Congress should be worried about cutting the spending and stopping the instanity in washington. Nothing less nothing more.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
"They want to pull the entire planet into Neo-Feudalism don't be fooled by the labels of "Neo-liberal and "Neo-Con" These rat bastards are trying to bring about feudalistic system. "

Very few realize this and I am happy to see I am not the only one

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

And this is why I called him out publicly via twitter. As well as Alex Jones. No one is willing to talk about the enormous elephant in the room. #article1section10

I used to follow Alex, he woke me up to many truths.

I recently became attracted to anonymous because they represented something I considered the "truth" movement. I started a twitter account for this very reason, to follow them.

I quickly learned that they HAVE been subverted, through interactions I have had with them and have since stopped following them because of my belief. Everything is documented via twitter.

This brings me back to Webster. He is blatantly disregarding article one, section ten, which directly contradicts the federal reserve. Fiat Specie is incompatible with liberty. Alex knows this. Webster knows this.

Our elected officials know this but they're part of the game. This is different.

This is our ALTERNATIVE MEDIA trying to steer us into false line of thought. Webster's tweet sent shivers down my spine last night.

Truth shapes reality and freedom is subjective.

Truth will always be devoid of bias.

JFK got killed for a reason.

Ex

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
He won't be impeached , he will be hailed as
taking control of a terrror situation , by the right wingnut teabaggers

I think he needs to invoke it now!

If he doesn't.I will be shocked.

This man like it or not IS The president, duely elected
and represents

BOTH Republicans and Democrats in the end.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
He won't be impeached , he will be hailed as
taking control of a terrror situation , by the right wingnut teabaggers

I think he needs to invoke it now!

If he doesn't.I will be shocked.

This man like it or not IS The president, duely elected
and represents

BOTH Republicans and Democrats in the end.

Yes he is the president not our KING and the moment he goes against the constitution and congress is the moment we hand him the crown. The Americans will not stand for it. The few good people that remain in Government will not stand for it. If he even attempts to do this himself he will be impeached. There are still people out there on the side of the constitution.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
they have till the 15th anyways so, theres nothing to worry about

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FriendlyGopher

Yeah,they deny it and yet everyday we see more evidence of their intentions.But most people don't want to face the truth about their elected officials.

edit on 023131p://2726 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

Ex

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by e11888

Are you trying to reach Armageddon??
Do you really want to be part of the people that made the decision to collapse it all?
So throw Grandma under the bus, and don't look back.

I do understand that Government has gotten way way to large to maintain
but cutting the heart out of middle class, while making the rich , richer
just doesn't fly with me.

Example: THIS isn't right ! Big Money welfare Let's talk about them!

Exxon Mobil and Royal Dutch Shell on Thursday reported a surge in earnings,
helped by higher prices for oil, gasoline and other fuels.
Even BP, still paying for the Gulf oil spill,
made more than $5 billion in the quarter

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
reply to post by e11888

Are you trying to reach Armageddon??
Do you really want to be part of the people that made the decision to collapse it all?
So throw Grandma under the bus, and don't look back.

I do understand that Government has gotten way way to large to maintain
but cutting the heart out of middle class, while making the rich , richer
just doesn't fly with me.

Example: THIS isn't right ! Big Money welfare Let's talk about them!

Exxon Mobil and Royal Dutch Shell on Thursday reported a surge in earnings,
helped by higher prices for oil, gasoline and other fuels.
Even BP, still paying for the Gulf oil spill,
made more than $5 billion in the quarter

This has nothing to do with the argument we are engaged in. You stated that the president would not be impeached if he violated the constitution and raised the debt ceiling himself. The fact is, he has no authority even under the 14th ammendment to raise the debt ceiling himself. He would be impeached and he knows it that why his spokesman has already stated that its not an option.

You know just because I dont agree with one thing you say doesnt mean I want to throw granny under the bus or that Im a racist or whatever you want to make up and accuse me of. The fact is one side is for the ultra rich, big oil and big corporation and the other side is for big bank and wallstreet. The problem is neither side is for the people and for the middle class as you've stated and that was what the "tea baggers" were created for before being taken over from within by mainstream republicans. Taxed Enough Already. Created by Ron Paul. Not Sarah Palain. Not Michelle Bachman. Ron Paul. The Texas Congressman that paid off corporate media refuses to even give more than 2 minutes to a week on air as they make up false polls worshiping Romney.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

We are having a debt-ceiling crisis because Congress has given the president contradictory commands; it has ordered the president to spend money, and it has forbidden him to borrow enough money to obey its orders.

Are there other ways for the president to raise money besides borrowing?

Sovereign governments such as the United States can print new money. However, there's a statutory limit to the amount of paper currency that can be in circulation at any one time.

Ironically, there's no similar limit on the amount of coinage. A little-known statute gives the secretary of the Treasury the authority to issue platinum coins in any denomination. So some commentators have suggested that the Treasury create two $1 trillion coins, deposit them in its account in the Federal Reserve and write checks on the proceeds.

Problem solved.

ROFL!

edit on 28-7-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The Constitution also makes it illegal for a lot of other things that the government pulls off (unapproved Libyan war, Patriot Act, etc). I hate to say it but the Constitution is only conveniently followed as well as conveniently ignored.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus
The Constitution also makes it illegal for a lot of other things that the government pulls off (unapproved Libyan war, Patriot Act, etc). I hate to say it but the Constitution is only conveniently followed as well as conveniently ignored.

Yes but only to a point. Its more of a choose your battles type thing. Obviously the war in Libya is an issue and something the president knew he could get away with. Crowning himself as King however isnt something the American people are ready to submit to... nor should we.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
www.cnn.com...

We are having a debt-ceiling crisis because Congress has given the president contradictory commands; it has ordered the president to spend money, and it has forbidden him to borrow enough money to obey its orders.

Are there other ways for the president to raise money besides borrowing?

Sovereign governments such as the United States can print new money. However, there's a statutory limit to the amount of paper currency that can be in circulation at any one time.

Ironically, there's no similar limit on the amount of coinage. A little-known statute gives the secretary of the Treasury the authority to issue platinum coins in any denomination. So some commentators have suggested that the Treasury create two $1 trillion coins, deposit them in its account in the Federal Reserve and write checks on the proceeds.

Problem solved.

ROFL!

edit on 28-7-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

Well obviously the problem is solved by reverting back to gold and abolishing The Federal Reserve. This however is one solution only one man in congress wants to actually listen to. Ron Paul. The rest think the idea of gold being used as currency is a conspiracy theory.
edit on 28-7-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
A real president would let this place default. We need to just let this happen so we can start picking up the pieces and start over right this time.

I don't know what is worse, the fact that our Government is playing this large game of grab-ass on capital hill; Or the American people sitting by and letting their lives and kids' lives be toyed with by some jerk in a suit.

I believe personally, that it is being made blatantly obvious that our government WANTS us to default. For whatever reason that may be(Introduce the Amero perhaps?). Normally, when our greedy and power hungry tyrannical Government (lol) wants something, they merely create a problem in which what they want is the answer to that problem. Obama declared this whole fiasco was similar to a "self-inflicted wound". I can only fathom our Government doing something like this because in the long run they see something they can gain from it, be it more power or wealth.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If all the criminals in charge stopped right now we would default, but they won't because they do not want to default. That would mean they wouldn't be paying all their fascist corporations helping them bring in tyranny.

top topics

join