It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News of the World hackers 'targeted Sarah Payne's mother... on phone given to her by Rebekah Brook

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

Well it was the News of The World that campaigned for "Sarah's Law". What seems like a noble cause, but really just another way of shifting papers. There is certainly no nobility at NI.

I agree

I reckon those that get hired by newscorp go through a satanic ritual that removes all common decency.

A faustian journalistic pact mudochelbub

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm not so forgiving of confusing Palin with Payne, that would be 3 typos, surely nobody is stupid enough to make 3 typos in one name, I think fans of Palin kind of enjoy feeling as if she is a victim, so they jump before thinking.

On the topic, got to say that I'm disgusted, but not suprised. It hasn't been mentioned yet but the whole issue is deeply connected to Sarah's law (first law of its kind and first time we've had a law named like they are in the US). What we also had with Sarah's law was something also seen in the US, publishing the names of child abusers etc, which caused vigilante attacks in those cases for the first time in the UK. Some people were even mistakenly attacked by the News of the World readers.

News of the World which did this and came under criticism, kept Sarah Payne very close and used her moral authority as somebody whose daugher was murdered to continue their campaign.

Now it turns out that the News of the World, which saw to lecture society about morals, was the whole time most likely hacking into Payne's telephone messages.

When you take a step back and think all of this over its quite unbelievable. You have to feel for Payne, she has been exploited and its only now she has realised it.

News International / News Corp has a lot to answer for.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by freethinker123

Well so do other News Companies, after the Jeffries case, they are being taken for liable, after they called him down to the gutter, over the Joanna Yates Murder.

He won his case against them, so no it doesnt just happen to those involved in murder but those accused of a crime, which they have not committed.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by freethinker123

It's the same paper that pushed the "help the heroes" charity too. Again a noble gesture, yet they were hacking the phones of the parents of those heroes who lost their life in battle. Not to mention the Murdoch press being cheerleaders for all the wars. These people are happy to see other peoples kids go off to fight the wars,

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join