It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stigmata, Why Only Among Catholic Believers?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
www.justforcatholics.org... < this should clarify the difference

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I agree but I dont however like clear cut proven history being swept under the rug. I am against the Catholic System. Not the pure hearted people that are in it. That system wish's to hold us back from the truth.
The church's of stone are no longer. We are the bricks of the new temple.

Jesus and GOD are in all of us. We do not need an all access pass granted by a priest. Send you're prayers up to GOD and GOD alone through JESUS. We no longer need priests, we have a high priest in heaven who is perfect and uncorrupt. We are all now teachers and witnesses of the gospel. As Jesus told us.

We are to love GOD, JESUS, and even our enemies with our whole heart. We are to care not of this system but of only GODS. We are to seperate ourselves through our hearts. For our peace is found only by Jesus and GOD.
Allow no man to guide you but only Jesus. Seek his light and truth only. Not a distorted mirror image. But the true one.

LOTZA LUV
P.s. I would just like to make it clear, I grew up Roman Catholic. I have been to the church of just about all denomination. They are all sisters unto the Catholic church. They all follow the same blue print. Once the source is tainted the well will be as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I also need to add I do not umbrella blame all Catholic's.
I blame those who have the power over the system.
But lets be honest, If I ran a daycare and it came to you're attention that I hired child molester's.
Would you allow you're children to continue comeing to my daycare? I would no longer be known as an honest daycare provider. I would even serve time for this, ireguardless if I knew about the molesters or not.
WHY, because you put you're faith in trust in me.

Now lets apply this to those who run the vatacin. Lets add ontop of the pedophilia, the murders, the lieing.
Yet people still step foot on there doorsteps. They just blindly look away. How can they not be upheld to the very same laws we all are?

LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau
But lets be honest, If I ran a daycare and it came to you're attention that I hired child molester's.
Would you allow you're children to continue comeing to my daycare? I would no longer be known as an honest daycare provider. I would even serve time for this, ireguardless if I knew about the molesters or not.

Now lets apply this to those who run the vatacin. Lets add ontop of the pedophilia, the murders, the lieing.
Yet people still step foot on there doorsteps. They just blindly look away. How can they not be upheld to the very same laws we all are?

LOTZA LUV

Good analogy. But if you hired someone you did not know was one, after you ran police back ground checks, then knew later, I would not blame you. I think with as many people who were critical of the Vatican and did oppose the Pope's involvement from within the Catholic Church should be heard.

We like to apply the child abuse charges against all priests and yet not all priests were guilty and do speak out. But child abuse happens in all religions and no one holds those religions in contempt. I think what we would like to say is that now we know, and they know, that the Catholics need to hold priests accountable. Perhaps the Catholic church as a whole can deal with these problems. But as someone who knows that child abuse happens in other churches when leaders sweep it under the rug, I am inclined to not consider those as Christian churches. They hide behind the disguise as Christians.

With that being said, I still want to go back to the original question. I said I am not anti-Catholic and neither am I Catholic bashing. I understand the anger that people have against the Catholic church but we need to stop the continual finger pointing. Certainly the Catholic church held much political power, now people believe the Evangelical movement does. Getting on blogs and threads does not confront those who are guilty. If you have a problem with the Vatican then let the Vatican know about it. We as a people are supposed to learn from our mistakes, not make the mistakes worse for the victims. And victims need sympathy and support, not constant anger from people who don't address the core issues.

Those core issues are abuse of power, greed and corruption which are found in every religious and political system. It is a shame when we can't look at these evil men and call them evil. Instead, what we have are people who are saying "They did it because they are Catholic". That is the wrong approach to take. I don't hear these same people who are anti-Catholic making the same loud sounds against Muslims who also allow abuse of women and girls. Nope. What we hear is this, "Just try to be nice to them and they will be nice to us, they aren't really that bad and we should not be at war with them because they are just misunderstood."

Abuse is abuse.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau

LOTZA LUV

Actually, no you would not be charged if you did not know prior to this. You would have to prove you did not know and if you did run background checks then you would not be held legally for that. But if you did know, then that's a problem.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

.....because "they are closer to god" so they think they are special !...ha,ha,ha..thats funny!...its all dominance,control,fear and $$$...this is all.........

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

.....because "they are closer to god" so they think they are special !...ha,ha,ha..thats funny!...its all dominance,control,fear and $$$...this is all.........

Can you name one religion that does not believe they are closer to god, Jehova, Allah, the Great Spirit, or whatever higher power, universal consciousness, spiritual beings or whatever they choose to call on in their faith that does not have greed and corruption?

As in the words of the great Billy Jack from the movie....

"Can you name me ONE place on this entire god d*** planet that does not have men who are not violent? Tell me and I will go there."

When his lady friend says there is not he replies "I thought not".

You have to understand that you are sweeping the abuse under the rug of other religions and political systems by pointing fingers only at the Catholic church. Either abuse is abuse across the board or it is only abuse among Catholics. Stop your Catholic hate baiting, it is as annoying and wrong as race baiting.

Get back to the original question. It has nothing to do with abuse and corruption. If you don't agree with religion, then go find someone else to complain to. It is not really the abuse and greed and corruption you have a problem with because I don't see you pointing fingers at any other group. I think then therefore, that you are ok with abuse and corruption when it is among other groups. That makes you a hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
[i love that movie billy jack].......religions are the greatest evil that has ever fallen upon humanity.it causes jealousy,hatred,indifference,war and murder...all in the name of gods that dont even exist! "my god is real and yours is not and if you tell me otherwise i'll kill you" !!! ...who made god ? super god ! who made super god ? super duper god ! who made super duper god ? super duper duper god !...see it never ends,makes no sense and is ridiculous and to say that god always was and always will be is an even more ridiculous form of blind faith...the demented popes and their hired sadistic witchfinders and evil judges killed around 250,000 people in europe as accused witches and warlocks, burning around 50 to 100,000 at the stake including women and little kids !!! and then they made the family of the victim pay for the amount of wood that was used !!! and if the couldnt pay up it was off to the stake for the whole family !!! and the church confiscated their property!!! these are facts and the demented popes are demons in disguise !!!.....it was all about raping peasant girls and then shutting them up by accusing them of being witches then killing them !!! and money by stealing the property of the people they condemned and killed!!!...the witch mania started dying down when those poor people under torture started accusing wealthy nobels of being witches!!!...see it was perfectly ok for the church to slaughter the poor!!! but as soon as it started involving the rich... things changed!!!...just like nowadays a regular nobody goes to prison for stealing a $500 item but the ceo of a large company embezzels $50 million and doesnt spend one minute in prison!!! things have not changed, just the tactics have......"eliminating the undesireable elements of society" all because they dont have any $$$...this world is warped and twisted and was taken over by sinister powers long ago !!!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

[i love that movie billy jack].......religions are the greatest evil that has ever fallen upon humanity.it causes jealousy,hatred,indifference,war and murder...all in the name of gods that dont even exist! "my god is real and yours is not and if you tell me otherwise i'll kill you" !!! ...who made god ? super god ! who made super god ? super duper god ! who made super duper god ? super duper duper god !...see it never ends,makes no sense and is ridiculous and to say that god always was and always will be is an even more ridiculous form of blind faith...the demented popes and their hired sadistic witchfinders and evil judges killed around 250,000 people in europe as accused witches and warlocks, burning around 50 to 100,000 at the stake including women and little kids !!! and then they made the family of the victim pay for the amount of wood that was used !!! and if the couldnt pay up it was off to the stake for the whole family !!! and the church confiscated their property!!! these are facts and the demented popes are demons in disguise !!!.....it was all about raping peasant girls and then shutting them up by accusing them of being witches then killing them !!! and money by stealing the property of the people they condemned and killed!!!...the witch mania started dying down when those poor people under torture started accusing wealthy nobels of being witches!!!...see it was perfectly ok for the church to slaughter the poor!!! but as soon as it started involving the rich... things changed!!!...just like nowadays a regular nobody goes to prison for stealing a $500 item but the ceo of a large company embezzels $50 million and doesnt spend one minute in prison!!! things have not changed, just the tactics have......"eliminating the undesireable elements of society" all because they dont have any $$$...this world is warped and twisted and was taken over by sinister powers long ago !!!

Please do me a favor and break your statement in paragraphs.

And when did religion start? In the Middle Ages?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
my paragraph has plenty of breaks.....

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Religions as a whole are evil and they all think they alone have GOD on the hot line.
Religion is the main reason for mosts of our wars.

Why people keep yelling about catholics (system) is they have the ears of the kings and rulers of us. The POPe even has his nose in the EUROPIAN UNION. Which bugs me. No one person should have all that political and religious power.
The ones controlling the system hide behind the guises of GOD and use it. But so have most religions as well.
We should be allowed to call the people out of those religions and have them suffer the judgement of their actions.

I follow JESUS and GOD but am anti-religious.

LOTZA LUV

P.s. GOOD NITE ALL N SWEET DREAMS

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
if you talk to god its called praying...if god talks to you its called scitzophrenia...unless your the almighty evil pope....why is he worshipped by soooooo many sheeple? i dont get it...i truely believe that if there is a satan or some other sinister force it is on earth disguised as the pope and just look at the millions upon millions worshipping him...this is really really bad news...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If you go to a protestant church today they make it seem like it's all about doctrine and perspectives on Jesus's teachings. From what I've read though, the big rebellion against catholicism was rooted mainly in disgust with corruption in the catholic church. Where priests were selling indulgences for gold, and other issues. So it didn't really come down to doctrine and the only one that really had issue was the idea that the pope had authority over heaven and was infallible.

Can you imagine being St. Francis of Assisi, or Padre Pio? These were true saints with mystical leanings. They did not abandon the church despite it's corruption and problems, and past violence. I imagine the hardest part about being a catholic today would be having to read about your own priests in the headlines who are pedophiles.

So catholicism sort of carries that humility and the pain of the history of a long imperfect religion, that only looks to God for salvation, ruined by bad men basically, a few bad apples. Which only makes being a follower of it a humbling position to be in.

Pio felt that he could share in Christ's suffering to become closer to Christ. Now is that such a crazy notion? When you consider all the methods we have to (try to) get closer to God? Which can basically be categorized in the same way different types of Yoga are. What better way than to try and feel what God's only begotten son felt? God in the flesh. And even in the eastern religions you still have that sort of brand of asceticism that is on the record that goes right along with that whole idea.

Only the christian side of it would be specific to Jesus's suffering. The humiliation and the pain with symbolic undertones.

It would almost make sense for someone on this path to self-inflict these wounds. (If they did do this, then I sure hope they would be honest about how the wounds got there). I'm not saying they did this, but really if you look at it, and that's the path they are on (to suffer like christ and share his suffering to get closer to him) then really why wouldn't they just go ahead and self-inflict such wounds? Maybe because they are hoping God will put them there himself and the true sign of humility is to just go ahead and do it? LoL. In asceticism it's not unheard of to self-inflict wounds. So why not make them specific?

Just speaking freely here as I find that the easiest way to discuss heavy religion questions...

As far as Padre Pio's story I really focus on a lot more of it than his stigmata. The stigmata is really a small part of his story.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
According to the Catholic encyclopedia "sanctity"[10] differs for God, individual, and corporate body. For God, it is God's unique absolute moral perfection. For the individual, it is a close union with God and the resulting moral perfection. It is essentially of God, by a divine gift. For a society, it is the ability to produce and secure holiness in its members, who display a real, not merely nominal, holiness. The Church's holiness is beyond human power, beyond natural power.

Sanctity is regulated by standards. For example, according to the doctrine of the love of suffering, holiness must include this quality. It is not that pleasure were evil in itself, but that suffering purifies one's love of God. Those who attain holiness learn to rejoice in suffering. By it their love of God is freed from self-seeking. Their lives conform to their master.

I picked this up on the wikipedia. This is how the Catholic System views sanctification.
No wonder when it comes to stigmata, they view it GOD send.a
I was just amazed when I saw this just stareing back at me. LOL

LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

my paragraph has plenty of breaks.....

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Those are very good theories, Novsie and Mividau. I had never thought before about the sanctification aspect. And certainly Padre Pio was a great person beyond the stigmata.

There is one Catholic priest in history that I find most intriguing, St. Malachi. He lived in the Middle Ages and yet his prophesies about the Popes to come can be viewed as prophetic. People know about Nostradamus and his prophetic quatrains, but fewer people know about Malachi.

We could say that those prophesies can be open to interpretation or even self-fulfilling, but it is very interesting. Perhaps Malachi did receive these revelations about the future.
edit on 8/2/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/2/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The only case that I am aware of quite well, which are outside of the Catholic faith is a young African-American Baptist girl living in Oakland, California, manifested the stigmata from the palm of the left hand two to six times
daily during a 3 week period preceding Easter Sunday.Physiological and Psychological tests did not detect serious Pathology, and close scrutiny ruled out self inflicted wounds. Her dreams frequently included biblical events: in the week before her bleeding began, she had read a book and had watched a television movie about the crucifixion.She and her family professed to be religious, attending a Baptist church near their home, the interview revealed that the girl was preoccupied with Christ's suffering.

In addition there are the Episcopalian /Anglican Stigmata's.

Stephen.

edit on 2-8-2011 by bugsbunny1967 because: spelling.

edit on 2-8-2011 by bugsbunny1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The invading English Force, not British force. This was about 1415, (I think?, and hopefully will revert to England again by 2015), and Britain did not come into effect until 1st May 1707.

Stephen.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
we dont really know if anyone has experienced stigmata, saying that it actually occurs might be just another way that the catholic church brainwashes more sheep into giving them $$$...what else is new !?!?!?

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by elpistolero1

So Jesus went about in a bishops robe with a cross around his neck? The Catholic church, was not "founded" by anyone. It came about by a number of Church Councils over 550 years between he Council Nicaea in 325AD and the 4th Council of Constantinople in 870AD. I wonder if you know what the immaculate conception is, and when it was formulated? Answer 1870 and it was the Immaculate conception of Mary, not of Jesus, along with Papal Infallibility and the Ascension of Mary, bodily into heaven. Before that date, it didn't exist because, MEN, didn't make up these 3 particular lies before 1870. BTW Armenia became Christian while Rome was still sacrificing bulls to Pagan statues.

Stephen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join