It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stigmata, Why Only Among Catholic Believers?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bugsbunny1967
reply to post by elpistolero1

So Jesus went about in a bishops robe with a cross around his neck? The Catholic church, was not "founded" by anyone. It came about by a number of Church Councils over 550 years between he Council Nicaea in 325AD and the 4th Council of Constantinople in 870AD. I wonder if you know what the immaculate conception is, and when it was formulated? Answer 1870 and it was the Immaculate conception of Mary, not of Jesus, along with Papal Infallibility and the Ascension of Mary, bodily into heaven. Before that date, it didn't exist because, MEN, didn't make up these 3 particular lies before 1870. BTW Armenia became Christian while Rome was still sacrificing bulls to Pagan statues.

Stephen.

There is a large difference in Rome and the Roman Church. The Pope is supposed to be the Bishop of the Church of Rome, and people forget that the emperors of Rome were not Catholic while the Church was active in Rome while suffering persecution. The first European person that is considered European was Lydia, a convert during the time of Paul. She was from Ilyria...which is now considered part of the former Yugoslavia.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by WarminIndy

The only case that I am aware of quite well, which are outside of the Catholic faith is a young African-American Baptist girl living in Oakland, California, manifested the stigmata from the palm of the left hand two to six times
daily during a 3 week period preceding Easter Sunday.Physiological and Psychological tests did not detect serious Pathology, and close scrutiny ruled out self inflicted wounds. Her dreams frequently included biblical events: in the week before her bleeding began, she had read a book and had watched a television movie about the crucifixion.She and her family professed to be religious, attending a Baptist church near their home, the interview revealed that the girl was preoccupied with Christ's suffering.

In addition there are the Episcopalian /Anglican Stigmata's.

Stephen.

edit on 2-8-2011 by bugsbunny1967 because: spelling.

edit on 2-8-2011 by bugsbunny1967 because: (no reason given)

Thank you. I will look into that. It is quite interesting.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy
Those are very good theories, Novsie and Mividau. I had never thought before about the sanctification aspect. And certainly Padre Pio was a great person beyond the stigmata.

There is one Catholic priest in history that I find most intriguing, St. Malachi. He lived in the Middle Ages and yet his prophesies about the Popes to come can be viewed as prophetic. People know about Nostradamus and his prophetic quatrains, but fewer people know about Malachi.

We could say that those prophesies can be open to interpretation or even self-fulfilling, but it is very interesting. Perhaps Malachi did receive these revelations about the future.
edit on 8/2/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/2/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

The thing I like about St. Malachi is his 100% prediction rate.
Much, Much higher the Nostradamus.
Altough people are unsure if this is the 2nd to last pope or the last pope.
My vote is last bwahahaha

LOTZA LUV ALL

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

I'm just wondering if the Catholic Church is arranging the Cardinal to fit the descriptions by Malachi, to fulfill some kind of destiny? If not, as you say, he really is 100% spot on, and not cryptic like Nostrodamus. I happen to share his birthday. 14th December.

Stephen.
edit on 2-8-2011 by bugsbunny1967 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Mividau

I'm just wondering if the Catholic Church is arranging the Cardinal to fit the descriptions by Malachi, to fulfill some kind of destiny? If not, as you say, he really is 100% spot on, and not cryptic like Nostrodamus. I happen to share his birthday. 14th December.

Stephe n.
very well said

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
god came to earth as jesus?...as i have read that jesus and god are one in the same...or....are jesus and god seperate beings?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Stigmata eh?

edit on 3-8-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org... this link is very informative as it says that over 80% of stigmatics are women and may be related to "hysteria and self mutilation"...and that stigmata appears in a number of different religions..

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

reply to post by Mividau

Stephe n.
very well said

That is something I referred to when I said self-fulfilling. But Malachi was also a Catholic priest. Nostradamus was not, and yet Nostradamus is so ambiguous that you can just about read anything into what he wrote. Hindsight is 20/20 and it does not make Nostradamus any more believable than any other prognosticator.

But we have to wonder if the cardinals actually believe Malachi in order to fulfill it.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Mividau

Stephe n.
very well said

That is something I referred to when I said self-fulfilling. But Malachi was also a Catholic priest. Nostradamus was not, and yet Nostradamus is so ambiguous that you can just about read anything into what he wrote. Hindsight is 20/20 and it does not make Nostradamus any more believable than any other prognosticator.

But we have to wonder if the cardinals actually believe Malachi in order to fulfill it.
edgar cayce who gave over 15,000 !! readings while in a trance like state and mother shipton who predicted airplanes,wireless communications,metal ships,motion pictures and aliens landing on a future earth as well as many others, were more direct than nostrodamus who was very vague

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Mividau

Stephe n.
very well said

edgar cayce who gave over 15,000 !! readings while in a trance like state and mother shipton who predicted airplanes,wireless communications,metal ships,motion pictures and aliens landing on a future earth as well as many others, were more direct than nostrodamus who was very vague

Cayce yes but alot of scholars believe the Mother Shipton thing is a fraud, not sure though.
I rather enjoy the HOPI's. They are 100% in their predictions.
Cayce 100% unless you take the fact Ataltas isnt found yet. Yes, I know the stone road of bermudia. But that is still a huge debate.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

god came to earth as jesus?...as i have read that jesus and god are one in the same...or....are jesus and god seperate beings?

I do not share this view point. I do believe Jesus to be the 1st born son of GOD.
Which he would still be devine. But I dont believe he is GOD incarnat.

Wouldnt that be cheating anyways? Of course GOD can be perfect.

LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

reply to post by miniatus

Perhaps for Jesus, there may have been a uniqueness to His crucifixion. He does say to Thomas the Apostle "Put your finger in my hands and in my side", to which Thomas replied "My Lord and my God".

Psalm 22:16, which is believed to have been written by David, "For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet."

This verse was written long before the Romans even existed as a superpower. David was born 500 years before the first Roman Emperor, 1000 years before Jesus Christ. So it seems that the concept of piercing someone in the hands and feet as a means of Roman execution would be pretty prophetic. Or the Romans borrowed the concept from the Torah.

Well said.
Catholicism is the first true Christian Church. The second we learn from this quote from (approx.) Luke 9:49-50, " "Master," said John, "we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us. Do not stop him," Jesus said, "for whoever is not against you is for you.
And (approx.) Mark 9:38-39, Do not stop him," Jesus said. "No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me.
IMHO, there are other Christian following besides the Catholic Church, that are accepted by G_D.
And that Stigmata IS real. The case I speak of, these wounds started out as various accidents that happened to the body, they healed, but the scars stayed. They never went away nor shrank like normal scars.
SnF

edit on 3-8-2011 by Violater1 because: color

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I am not anti-Catholic nor am I Catholic bashing. I am not Catholic and perhaps that may lend to the misunderstanding I have about Stigmata. As a Christian believer in a Protestant faith, there are many things that I don't understand about Catholics. That being said, it simply means I do not have experience to base any assumptions on and not being Catholic, I would not know what stigmata means to any Catholic person.
Stigmata reports began in the 13th Century. St. Francis of Assisi was the first recorded stigmatic.
www.catholic.org...
The wounds of the stigmata correspond with the 5 Sacred Wounds that Jesus received at His crucifixion.

There are several theories though
1 Delusion
2 Suggestive personality manifesting itself
3 Fraud

You forgot the most important one;
4. Direct intervention by G_D

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Don't get me wrong, I am not anti-Catholic nor am I Catholic bashing. I am not Catholic and perhaps that may lend to the misunderstanding I have about Stigmata. As a Christian believer in a Protestant faith, there are many things that I don't understand about Catholics. That being said, it simply means I do not have experience to base any assumptions on and not being Catholic, I would not know what stigmata means to any Catholic person.
Stigmata reports began in the 13th Century. St. Francis of Assisi was the first recorded stigmatic.
www.catholic.org...
The wounds of the stigmata correspond with the 5 Sacred Wounds that Jesus received at His crucifixion.

1 Delusion
3 Fraud

Very important one too. I do believe in Divine Intervention. We have historically an entire nation of people pulled out slavery by Divine Intervention and to this day there is an unbroken tradition that dates all the way back to Moses. The Passover. I think it is simply amazing that any people can maintain tradition that long even during the most horrific times of persecution and slaughter and still say "Next year in Jerusalem".

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau

reply to post by Mividau

Stephe n.
very well said

Cayce yes but alot of scholars believe the Mother Shipton thing is a fraud, not sure though.
I rather enjoy the HOPI's. They are 100% in their predictions.
Cayce 100% unless you take the fact Ataltas isnt found yet. Yes, I know the stone road of bermudia. But that is still a huge debate.
from when did the hopi prophecies originate?...i've done a lot of reading about edgar cayce, this man was amazing and is highly underrated...why is nostrodamus so famous? anyone can read anything they want in his quatrains because they are very unclear...no matter whos prophecies we read about theres always going to be people saying they are frauds...when london was destroyed by fire in 1666 the queen was being shown through the rubble of the devastated city and she was reported being heard saying "mother shipton said this would happen" as was recorded by the 'court chronicler' at the time! and ursula"mother"shipton predicted it over 100yrs earlier,mother shiptons prophecies are kept in the australian national archives i believe.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Stigmata is real. I've been blessed with the invisible kind. You can truly feel the wounds, and the blood dripping out of them, though it's not visible.

I wasn't a Catholic when I got this, but I became a Catholic in heart after witnessing firsthand that stigmata is real. It seems most protestants deny miracles, but the Catholic church has many miracles, but people think they are liars.
edit on 7-8-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

www.catholic.org...

1 Delusion
3 Fraud

Very important one too. I do believe in Divine Intervention. We have historically an entire nation of people pulled out slavery by Divine Intervention and to this day there is an unbroken tradition that dates all the way back to Moses. The Passover. I think it is simply amazing that any people can maintain tradition that long even during the most horrific times of persecution and slaughter and still say "Next year in Jerusalem".
because a lot of people are sheeple and are followers and are easily "misled"

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

www.catholic.org...

1 Delusion
3 Fraud

thanx for the links...we dont know that these images are even showing real blood and these people could have created the wounds themselves very easily

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org... this link is very informative as it says that over 80% of stigmatics are women and may be related to "hysteria and self mutilation"...and that stigmata appears in a number of different religions..
^^^this^^^

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join