It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen kills ex to win a free breakfast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Teen kills ex to win a free breakfast

au.news.yahoo.com

The offer of a free breakfast was too much for a teenager to resist - which is why he battered his ex-girlfriend to death.

Sixteen-year-old Joshua Davies has been found guilty after murdering Rebecca Aylward, 15, in October 2010.

Swansea Crown Court was told that Davies, from Aberkenfig in Wales, lured the girl to a secluded spot where he killed her to win a bet over a free breakfast, Britain's Daily Mail has reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be9bd1af56b9.jpg[/atsimg]

Joshua Davies

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1c133e1930d.jpg[/atsimg]

Rebecca Aylward

"Rebecca and her mother Sonia had both been delighted when Davies, an academically gifted boy from a churchgoing family, arranged to meet her again," it reported.

"When her daughter failed to come home, Mrs Aylward's reaction was to tell her sister not to worry adding: 'She's safe, she's with Josh.'

"By that time Rebecca had been bludgeoned with a rock the size of a rugby ball - and Davies was trying to cover his tracks on Facebook."

The Mail said the "chilling case" had highlighted how Davies used the internet, text messages and "an array of social networking sites to plot her death".

"A few weeks before the murder, one of his friends had joked that he would 'buy him breakfast' if he carried out his threat," The Mail said.

"He then took a friend to the scene to show him her body," The Mail reported.

"Davies told him: 'Do you know how hard it is to break someone's neck? She was facing away from me and I thought, 'This is it, I'm going to go for it'.

The crime happened last year and now this has finally been to court in the last few days and he has deservidly been found guilty. I saw this story on the news last night but i havent been able to find much new info on the case today.

I think the fact that he didnt even worry about showing a friend the body shows he is a true psychopath without feeling or remorse. Its lucky he was found after only 1 murder.

I guess this shows the power of social media in a very bad light.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-7-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Wtf is wrong with people!?!
Line

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hi

freekin sick, I would double tap that kid in the nuts with a 9mm.

Spike s

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Well he's going to get lots of free breakfasts now. Hmm, say 30 years worth? Non-existent mitigation and a great deal of aggravating factors could see the sentencing judge throwing him a whole life tariff.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
...Just... Holy #.

What the hell do you say to something like that? I'm honestly stunned.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
What's scary is how calm he was about the whole thing! Like taking his mates to Rebecca's body and describing how he killed her.

I just don't get it

edit on 28/7/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Evil.

If that was my daughter I would hang this kid high. Screw sending him to prison whats the point

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Posted last month: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Posted last month: www.abovetopsecret.com...

With all due respect, this is a different story. He was found guilty yesterday.

The judge has warned him that he will be held for an "indefinite period." He won't be coming out of prison.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Any link to the full story? What was the bet and why was it made?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Ive managed to find some more info on the trial now :

A 16-year-old boy who battered his former girlfriend to death has been publicly named for the first time after being found guilty of her murder.

Swansea Crown Court heard Joshua Davies "sometimes" hated Rebecca and a friend offered to buy him breakfast after suggesting that he "get rid of her".

Davies denied murder blaming his friend but will be sentenced in September.

An order banning the identification of Joshua Davies was lifted after he was convicted by a 10-2 majority verdict following the trial.

Rebecca's family clapped and shouted "yes" as the verdict was delivered after 19 hours and 55 minutes of deliberation, which began last Friday afternoon.

The defendant's mother was in tears, but he showed no emotion as the verdict was read out.

Source BBC news

A Schoolboy was yesterday convicted of bludgeoning to death 15-year-old Rebecca Aylward to win a free breakfast from his friends.

Joshua Davies,16, lured Aylward, his ex-girlfriend, to a wood where he battered her with a rugby ball-sized rock.

He was found guilty by a jury which deliberated for three days.

Cheers erupted from the victim’s family in public gallery as the verdict was read. Impassive Davies broke down.

The judge, Mr Justice Lloyd Jones, warned Davies he would be sentenced later for an “indefinite duration”.

Justice Jones agreed to Davies being identified for the first time, saying: “This is a crime in a small and closely-knit community and it is right that the public should know there has been a conviction and who has been convicted.”

After the hearing, Aylward’s family said: “The pain and horror of losing Rebecca in such horrendous circumstances cannot be put into words.

“Rebecca was killed in a senseless and barbaric act. She died at the hands of someone she loved and trusted. We will never forget what he did to her or forgive him for destroying our family.”

Source tntmagazine

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

This article pretty much covers it.

He had spoken about killing Rebecca for a while after a bad break up but friends thought he was joking around. Seems he convinced himself it was the right thing to do either as an act of revenge or so that he would never have to see her again.
edit on 28/7/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Fazza!

Something I have taught my own children from a very early age. There are two things you NEVER presume are just "jokes," someone mentioning suicide or making threats to harm another person. They must be treated with the utmost seriousness because once you have that information the fate of another person may lay in your hands.

Reading the article saddens me even further when you realise how many times this sequence of events could have been interrupted if just one of his "friends" spoke up.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If I spoke my mind, I would violate the T&Cs.
I hope that there are some protective fathers in the same block as he will be staying and I hope they want to exact justice.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PW229

Well said PW229 , i cant star you enough for that comment.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
Hi

freekin sick, I would double tap that kid in the nuts with a 9mm.

Spike s
With all due respect, if this makes you "sick" you're probably not the type that would "double tap" that kid anywhere.
Sounds like you're just a kid watching too much t.v. trying to sound tough on the internet.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
We need to put this guy in prison with tha marasalvatruchas,he will be the breakfast!!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rocha123

Unfortunately he will end up in the rather cushy Carlford Unit sometimes referred to as "Jurrasic Park" because of its unusually high fence and rather odd location, smack in the middle of an open prison!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Just what is wrong with Bridgend county? Only 3 years ago we had all the teenagers there commiting Suicide and now they are killing each other for bets? Wales is one crazy place.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join