It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Targets 12 In Koch Industries Online Assault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

FBI Targets 12 In Koch Industries Online Assault

www.thesmokinggun.com

JULY 26--As part of its multi-front assault on “Anonymous,” the FBI has identified 12 “targets” it alleges participated in coordinated online assaults earlier this year against business web sites operated by Koch Industries, the Kansas-based conglomerate owned by billionaire brothers--and leading Republican benefactors--Charles and David Koch, The Smoking Gun has learned.

Details of the ongoing criminal investigation are contained in a confidential FBI affidavit obtained by TSG. That document, excerpted here, includes the names, addresses, and IP numbers of a dozen U.S. residents wh
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
www.thesmokinggun.com...

Among those the FBI are targeting 51-year-old Iowa woman who works as a project manager for an insurance company and a 83-year-old Florida grandmother. Anonomous has a elderly hacking crew now. I never seen that coming. So much for skriptkiddies. Now we have scriptelders.

But on a serious side. How can the FBI or any other government agency bring charges on anyone if there able to make mistakes like this in there tracking down of e-terrorist? Seems there would be a easy way out for people who get caught with no evidence. The FBI thinks a 83 ear old is a hacker who is targeting Koch Industries for a denial of service. Go grandma!!! FBI Fail.

www.thesmokinggun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I read "12 In Koch" slightly wrong and felt victimized. Would not surprise me at all if the FBI would target it anyway.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TrypToNonymous

That would be better than trying to charge a 83 year old with hacking Koch Industries.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

www.thesmokinggun.com...

Among those the FBI are targeting 51-year-old Iowa woman who works as a project manager for an insurance company and a 83-year-old Florida grandmother. Anonomous has a elderly hacking crew now. I never seen that coming. So much for skriptkiddies. Now we have scriptelders.

Thanks for the laugh, oh thats funny.

I wonder, did the FBI go in with a stealth raid and machine guns?

Or, did they knock quitely, in uniform and present papers first.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by TrypToNonymous

That would be better than trying to charge a 83 year old with hacking Koch Industries.

For whom, may I ask? For whom? Certainly hacking a Koch is worse for National Security (tm) than just charging one.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation?
Marcus Tullius Cicero

X)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Oh man I just got the "12 In Koch" thing and laughed way too hard.

If I remember correctly, little kids and old women all wore the Guy Fawkes mask at the end of V for Vendetta.

If just the 15-28 year-olds rebelled, the movie wouldn't have ended the same way.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Seems to me, the Koch bros are pretty damned dependent on the government. They get taxpayer subsidies, rail against programs that help the middle class and poor through the "welfare state"....but at the same time enjoys government involvement in those that have hacked their websites.

The Koch bros don't want you to know...but they are just as damned dependent on the government as the woman with 2 kids living on food stamps....

top topics

join