It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank ‘Activity’ Required For Wisconsin Voter ID?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So after doing a quick search and not seeing this posted elsewhere I thought Political Madness would be a good suit.

So the story here goes that you now need "Activity" in some arbitrary amount that seems to be up to the clerks discretion. Truly dumbfounded by this, is it no proof that the banks own your vote? In all my years here in Canada and talking to others in the US and other nations this has never been an issue.

The latter part of the vid seems to be more on charging a fee for the Voter ID versus regular ID but the fact remains about the questioning of the "activity" on the account that boggles me.

Your guys thoughts?
edit on 27-7-2011 by GhettoRice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Bureaucracy, You gotta love it!

On a side note, the women filming should buy a larger memory card.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This video is total BS! This is misleading as hell. The dip# in the video failed to bring in his SS card and elected to use a bank statement as his "proof" of residency, so of course there needs to be activity on the account to prove he is a citizen of that state. This video is a total failure of an attempt at saying you have to have a bank account with activity.
Why didn't he bring in a different acceptable form of ID other than his bank statement? Fail!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

yea she probably can't afford it after the cost of that ID

I was impressed at how the one clerk actually says TPTB.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

After reading more of the user comments the poster of the vid has this to say

"My son DOES have a SS card, but he was not required to bring it according to the dot.wisconsin.gov website. He was only required to write his SS# on the ID application (which he did). He also had a valid U.S. passport along for "proof of identity." The clerk was mistaken for asking for the SS card, as it's NOT required according to their official list of necessary documents. A SS card doesn't list a person's address, so cannot be used as proof of residency."

While others say this

"My Social Security Card specifically state that it is "NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION" (I used all capitals because that is how it is printed on my card). Also, as you pointed out, the requirement is Social Security Number, not card. As to the fee, It would be easy enough for the state to create a new form, like they created a new law, that is for Voter ID and had no potential for mistaken fee collection. The purpose of these laws are to disenfranchise voters."

I do understand the idea of having the "physical" card but that is not what is asked for according to the sources, just the # itself.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GhettoRice

Interesting. They found a way to make more money. Seems pretty dishonest. They just assume that everyone who comes in wants a new ID instead of a voter ID, and charges them for it no matter whether the person intends to vote or not. That might almost be considered stealing. God forbid they did what's in the best interest of the people who pay their salaries. The clerks were doing their job as they were instructed to do it, they remained professional and somewhat helpful when answering her questions, but how could they look at themselves in the mirror every morning knowing they were stealing $30.00 per person when they (based on instruction) failed to inform/ask the person what the application was actually for. This is just another example of why people need to READ CAREFULLY and educate themselves on what they're about to get into. The Government does NOT have your best interest at heart.

As for the requirement of a bank statement,.... that's new to me. I've never had to present a bank statement at the DMV before. It doesn't seem right. A social security card/passport, and an address should be sufficient. If they want to make sure the person is legal, run the SS# through E-Verify.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GhettoRice

Ok, so don't bring your SS card, but if your so concerned about that why bring in your bank statement? Use one of the other "acceptable" forms of ID. This kid just brought in his bank statement that would have to show activity, because for that matter I could go to my neighboring state get an ID, and open a bank account with a minimum deposit, never use it, and go there to vote too. This is a non issue, that some tool tried to make an issue by not bringing in a different form of ID is my point.

new topics

top topics

join