It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Government's Last Stand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
With everything seemingly falling apart lately it seems no one can work together, provide productive solutions to real problems, or even understand one another through the pary system let alone the America people. The President is "running" a country yet he cant even get his own damn government to agree apples or oranges let along fruit or vegies. Our country is falling appart right in front of us and we've let it happen after YEARS and Generations of our fathers busting their knuckles building on the ground we stand. I am guilty of just going about my own special interests...trying to buy a new car...trying to buy nicer clothes to look good for the ladies...buying a house...and finally now that I got here with a family to raise and new baby on the way its all falling apart with me and those who are present and aware finally realising what has happened under our noses. I can only sit back and prepare...as I have been diligently the last 4 years for these last few moments we have of this false sense of security and stability in what I felt was the greatest country, government, people on the planet...as we have everyone from across the world right here. No need for a one world government eh...all its people are right here.

The MSM has reached a very new record low as far as being a voice for the people...I could almost understand if it provided different viewpoints to be REPORTERS not side-takers. Until about 4 years ago I didnt give a crap about the MSM unless it was a Sep. 11th type event (the last time I really watched it besides the push into Iraq). Now I watch daily at the unreal, unconnected distortion and misdirection the different Media new sources pick for news coverage. Its very interesting how they all have the same headlines, same topics, same breaking news, and exactly timed comercial breaks so no matter what party affiliation you are you get your dose the PTB want you to have. What is that exactly?

I am a Marine Combat Vet who believed in Oorah and fight for honor and country right. I got out and went into law enforcement to serve my community and raise a family. Lately I get overwhelmed at the call volume, types of calls (lots of suicides and people just loosing it and acting out in ways even crazy people wouldnt). The hatred for police...sometimes warented toward specific cops actions spills over onto me when I'm on car stops and normal innocent citizen contacts which I mean no threat just little "Hello's and how are you's" to the citizen's I work for. I consistantly make it my highest priority beyond my own safety to ensure everyone I meet is treated with respect and compassion as I know I may be fighting for them very soon. I am still in the reserves 10 years in...after my 4 year stent on active duty in the Corps.

Point is this...I have been highly successful at whatever I've done. In between getting out of active duty and waiting for my local law enforcment academy and the long process to even be hired (polygraph, psych tests, written tests, mulitpule interviews, degree or military experience...and a very difficult academy and field training) I applied to be a protective agent with the CIA. Upon filling out my cognative ability assesment exam online I was contacted and told I could attend the interviews being held in northern Virginia and they sent me via e-mial instructions on the process. I bought my own plane ticket and flew out there. During our little briefing on the job profile and just prior to the actual interviews I very distinctly became bothered when the Agent expalined very directly (as if there was no room for error or misunderstanding) "You guys are going to be exposed to information and you will NOT be allowed to tell anyone, not your wife, your dog, or your best friend. You will also become aware that the MEDIA WILL DIRECTLY CONTRODICT AND FABRICATE THINGS OR INFORMATION YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO and you will not be able to discuss this or why this may be." This was the piece of information that changed everything for me...not this website...not the economy...not my combat experience or anything else. I said to myself "Really?...what the F#@% is that supposed to mean?

Luckely I did get the job offer and was presented a 60k conditional offer but had 2 weeks to fill out my backround information once they sent it to me (if they sent it) to proceed in the hiring process. Luckily I just met my wife and was slated for the law enforcement academy so I didnt respond back even though they had thousands apply and only 15 of us give or take attend the interviews. Personally I had prior issues with being in combat and not being able to tell my family I almost died that day or specifics with life changing things happending over there when I was on active duty. So secerecy has its place but I didnt want to be wraped up in a LIFE of it and still raise a family. This was about 4-5 years ago and as things unfolded and I researched and the rabbit hole opened up I will always remember that statement that guy who worked for "The Agency" said to me.

*That is exactely what is wrong with this country and this government and I know for sure "The Agency" is working against its citizens. After all I have sacrificed in the military and here on the streets I am beyond discraced and dishonored by what is happening around me right now and most importantly...I should have died several times over right now and never even would have know if I wasnt here experiencing it right now and the past few years.

Side note for all the cop haters it sucks but there are guys like me that will be here when the military marches in and I have to work with them or around them for the best interest of you guys because I feel its coming. Be confident and respectful to everyone you meet too...to one another...and you will get favors and better treatment over being hateful and mad. Remember were all in it together and when I take my uniform off I still treat people the same as when I have it on...with respect.

We all know things are not looking good and I have the tattoo on my arms "Live forever with honor" and "Shared Suffering" in Japanese. I dont have it because it looks cool either...I live by it because its a way of being. Prepare and as we said before our missions..."have clear ears to hear, sharp eyes, a keen mind, and a heart full of courage."

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It's people such as yourself that still give me hope, and remind me that as an American, I don't have to believe that my guardians have, all of them, lied to me.

Honestly, I am branded by the system as a threat to society because I've fought back against its exploitation and extortion in reactionary ways. I am a man of action, and it demeans my sense of pride and takes away my joy to have to 'allow' what's going on for the sake of continued existance.

Take care my friend, I'm happy to know you exist...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Trust me...with the current economic situation, let alone all the other environmental factors and exterior threats, were gonna have to work together and right now the military, law enforcement, doctors, and other people who serve are going to realise and wake up to who they are really serving. We serve each other and most importantly when things start to fall appart were gonna have to work as a community to stitch our knowledge we have together for one another at the neighborhood base.

This "those guys out there" are goona be "these guys right here" and I feel were all going to be surprised at the level of cooperation were gonna have to rebuild this place we call home.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
By the way... If you haven't had time to fathom 'secrecy' and 'national security', review the info found in this thread:

Adam Weishaupt: I Guess They Lied To You

It just gets worse.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have been on these boards manning the fire hose full time for the last 7 or 8 months. Did have a short break there for a while just to help come to terms with what I found at the bottom of the rabbit hole. Things are heating up and all this stress on the economy is making it worst. The best description of what to expect is a train wreck in slow motion. Not a lot will change over night, but things will start falling away. As more falls off it gets harder and harder to hold onto what is left.

Where I see things going of the rails is with 9/11. Once the governments integrity was lost in investigating this issue the financial, legal and scientific communities has followed in this poor leadership position. Now America is facing the 'tragedy of the commons' as the strength of self interest is overcoming that of the social interest and the civilisation declines. The best chance I can see to minimise the damage and get things back on track is to reinvestigate 9/11. Get to the bottom of it, clean out corruption and reinstate integrity back into the leadership and direction of the country.

The best source I can recommend to help build the public will to take on this difficult challenge is with '9/11 Blueprint for Truth' video.google.com... . Without any integrity the system will drown in its own perpetual and expanding lies.

People do make great decisions when informed and can be honest about it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Things have gone way too far. Just because Reagan made it "normal" to raise the debt ceiling does not mean that we can continue doing the same. I do not know, but maybe during Reagan's time as president the economy was not extended as it is today and at that time in history, we were still living within the balance and growing. But at some point we crossed over to the downhill side and left the security of a buffer zone.

I am still not sure what the exact solution should be, but I do tend to lean towards not raising the debt ceiling. As I see it that is the only way to get to the common denominator of the problem and expose it so that we all know where the problem originates. Any other solution only seems to push the problem off to another day only to go through all of this again.

It is bad all over, and it is time to take our medicine. It will be painful, but that is the only way we and everybody else learns a lesson.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The world is not anywhere close to falling apart so relax. The world has seen far rougher times than you are going through today and come through just fine so quit focusing on the negative and look at the positive. Also where did you hear that the msm was supposed to be the voice of the people?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The good thing is, even though America is dying, it still lives on in the hearts and minds of people like you and me.
It is refreshing to know there are people with your attitude out there.
There may just be a cop I don't hate afterall.
I wouldn't want to be in your shoes in 6 months though.
Make sure you are on the winning side is all I can say.

It is officially here folks.
The levy is getting ready to break.
This is actually happening.
This is not a drill.
The best thing I can do is be a beacon of love to my neighbor.
We are going to need eachother to get thru this.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Every year someone claims that the end of America is here yet we still remain. I'm sure this has been touted since the day we claimed our independence.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You know what makes it so bad, people actually WANT TO work in this type of deceptive career. How could people want to be a part of something that would hurt their fellow citizens? Oh yes, that's right...."For the LOVE OF MONEY is the root of ALL evil! Money is NOT evil...but the things people do to obtain it....most certainly IS!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reconer I have the tattoo
I have no tattoos, but I have started wearing an earring again. It's been about 10 years since I last wore one. I've become a hypersensitive person, and that's why I stopped wearing jewelry and synthetic clothing. I'm wearing large and medium hoops, and spiky dangles. I notice the earring all the time. It reminds me what I'm fighting against. I then made a surfer type choker. I use it to remind me what I'm fighting for.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Apathy, that is the damn issue we have as a society.

People are just too damn lazy and feel the gov is responsible, when it is the people of this country that are.

Sheer ignorance and laziness, if people would stop pointing fingers and blaming every one else when it is them who needs to be accountable and take responsibility.

The world just needs to grow the f up, stupid people should not breed, and children ought to learn some thing in school instead of freaking texting in class and crap.

In other words, if we could all get along and stop bickering over petty bs, some ting might actually be resolved.

Instead we as a society keep doing the same "dumb crap" and expect different results...wtf over?
If you want change, take a step forward and make it happen. If you are going to complain and wine over how things are no good, do some thing about it.

BS walks and money talks, how ever action is always louder than words.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
The good thing is, even though America is dying, it still lives on in the hearts and minds of people like you and me.
When TSHTF, people with a vision and adeptness for survival and community cohesion will be the new local leaders. We should spend considerable time preparing for and learning about self and community sufficiency. There is only gain from this, as it will help us in the here and now as well. Let's not be afraid to innovate and collaborate. This is a whole new world. The tried and true will need advancement and expansion.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Well, at times I feel as if I have tried to do the very thing you suggest.

However, people reject this notion. Either I am a fearmonger, a conspiracy theorist, dooms dayer or whatever. People have told me that they would never grow their own, make their own as long as they can just run down to the local store and pick it up for 50 bucks, even when I show them they can do the same thing with the junk laying around their house.

To many people still depend upon the system that is dragging them down and everyone else down with them. They choose to stay on the sinking ship, but I have my life preserver on now just waiting to jump off. For now, I have made it all about me. I have warned all the people close to me and they can do what they will with the information but be prepared for me to tell them, I told you so if they do not even make modest preparations. Should SHTF, I will still be there to help, but I will not be so free with my good will, having been warned. They keep feeding the machine and sit back wondering why nothing is getting better.

The saying, give a man a fish and he will eat for day, teach a man to fish and he can eat everyday comes to mind.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
No offense intended but I noticed in this post and then looked at some of your others (I am a suspicious person by nature), why do you write like a Brit?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Well, at times I feel as if I have tried to do the very thing you suggest.

However, people reject this notion. Either I am a fearmonger, a conspiracy theorist, dooms dayer or whatever. People have told me that they would never grow their own, make their own as long as they can just run down to the local store and pick it up for 50 bucks, even when I show them they can do the same thing with the junk laying around their house.
They want ease and comfort, just like the rest of us. The thought of losing either scares them. The ironic thing is, life could be easier and more comfortable if it weren't for the people they idolize.

Originally posted by SkewedShould SHTF, I will still be there to help, but I will not be so free with my good will, having been warned. They keep feeding the machine and sit back wondering why nothing is getting better.
They are victims of the media and their peers and parents who are victims of the media. I don't just mean MSM reading the government generated copy. I'm talking about all forms of propaganda like history textbooks and The Bible. People don't want to be alone. They want to run with the herd.

For now, do it for yourself. If TSHTF, you WILL be in demand. You will be the person with the solutions.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
We could only hope.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join