It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous : Make fun of Breiviks manifesto.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Read some of the above posts and see why it is far from burning books.
It actually does the opposite and allows the original to remain but fall off the best sellers list while parody versions are created allowing people to be creative and produce new media.

edit on 27-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Oww…. So that is what they call burning books now a days……

Sorry, my double speak dictionary is a bit out of date. I wasn’t aware of that definition change….. I will try to avoid making the same mistake again.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

manifesto means diary of a mad man.

anything over 1000 pgs is strokin the ego.

IF you know what i mean.

look up the definition.

wow, i wrote a 5 page manifesto! all my posts are my manifesto.

that's my new word.

what you gonna do, write a manifesto?

manifesto. they did good making fun.

i'll get all manifesto on your a**!

don't make me write a manifesto!

eta; throw in a couple olives and ya got an antipasto.
edit on 27-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Lol thanks for a little humour. Please Flag post it is hilarious.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

done, thanks!

i had fun!

my manifesto is bigger than yours!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This must be the first idiotic thing i hear comes from someone calling him/herself anonymous. Let the document ridicule itself. If in its original form it is not ridiculous enough, then i think we have some serious thinking to do.

I thought anonymous was fighting for free speech and all that. Free speech is also the 1500+ pages manifesto a serialkiller has produced when trying to explain his motivations.

What he did is as unforgivable as what NATO DOES continuously in LIBYA. And that is called TERRORISM. I would love to read an official 1500+ pages paper from the NATO secretary explaining their actions...
edit on 27-7-2011 by varikonniemi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I see the point, but on the other hand, it serves as an example of how certain ideologies are tied in together INCLUDING Illuminati conspiracies etc.

I don't see why one would wipe the template...it serves as an indicator of sorts, no?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by varikonniemi

good luck wit dat.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by varikonniemi
This must be the first idiotic thing i hear comes from someone calling him/herself anonymous. Let the document ridicule itself. If in its original form it is not ridiculous enough, then i think we have some serious thinking to do.

I thought anonymous was fighting for free speech and all that. Free speech is also the 1500+ pages manifesto a serialkiller has produced when trying to explain his motivations.

What he did is as unforgivable as what NATO DOES continuously in LIBYA. And that is called TERRORISM. I would love to read an official 1500+ pages paper from the NATO secretary explaining their actions...
edit on 27-7-2011 by varikonniemi because: (no reason given)

Even though a document like that problery exists, I doubt that they will sent it out as a Manifesto anytime soon.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

It doesn't matter if they do change it, the original has been out since friday.
Besides, I oppose censorship in any shape or form.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Alright, so a 13 or 14 year old stumbles across this manifesto online, i have not read it, and i make no plans to read it because well, i really don't care about reading a psychopaths diary.

But the fact is, would you rather your son/daughter to read a parody copy of said manifesto? or the actual copy?

What would they think if they read the original copy? Judging by the way people have been talking about it, its not the most innocent 1500 pages ever. So who cares? the government taints all our information constantly. But atleast Anon are going to make it silly.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taz2122

Besides, I oppose censorship in any shape or form.

Yes I catch your drift there mate. If Mein Kampf can be out so can this manifesto.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
There is a catch 22. The real manifesto should not be censored and/or should fall under free speech - but also - the Anonymous person(s) should also not be censored and also have free speech to do what they want.
Seeing how this is not destroying the original it is not "modern book burning". It's just confusing things, muddying up the waters and making folks who come across it (real or not) have to think harder about it. Which is kinda what Anonynous does.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Oy, Vey!

These guys are really beginning to reach.

I will be waiting for the Anonymous ice cream trucks to come around this Summer to hand out ice creams and Guy Fawkes masks to all the kiddies.

Do you think they do windows?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Typical wishy washy liberal agenda.As usual the 'nice & tolerant' liberals are very intolerant of the intolerant and really don't like anyone unless they follow their views.Anon. are the perfect example,infact makes me think even more than I did before that they are a government agency.The murder has been caught...why don't they do something useful if they are so 'for the people'?Perhaps bring down peado websites,jihad websites etc.Government shills pretending to be juvenile hackers to the ends of getting everyone some sort of personalised logon to the net.......beware,be very aware.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Would they like it if we did the same to the Anonymous manafestos?

Their videos on youtube for example, how about we edit those

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by trika3000

muddy the waters is what anon. does?Sounds like the C.I.A.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

That broad of a worry could relate to any group and anything you believe, dont worry so much

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The BAD thing is it might
expose MORE people to the manifesto
who would other wise NOT see it..

Like trying to get the manifesto to make fun of it.
Might be A double edged sword.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The one thing that tyrants like Breivik hate and I mean hate is to be ridiculed. His actions were that of a man who wants to be feared and loathed, not mocked and ridiculed.

In other words, I think Anonymous are on the right track here.

And nothing of value will be lost.

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Would they like it if we did the same to the Anonymous manafestos?

Their videos on youtube for example, how about we edit those

Go ahead. I'm sure they'd enjoy the laugh.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Er... that's already been done, often.

I do kind of like the idea of Anons. I can just imagine brievic seething in his cell about being ridiculed. It knocks me sick to think that people may take the guy seriously. The original will always be around for the academic community to shake their heads over. The idea that it may be associated with comedy, as the nazi movement is also regularly laughed at encourages people not to take it seriously. This may or may not be a good thing, I'm not sure actually, needs more thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join