It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay the bible is very confusing, I must admit.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthCqer

most of the stuff in the bible is confusing because 99.9 percent of the stuff in it is BS

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenFurnNW

...like the bit where it says: 'don't sleep with your mother' and 'don't sleep with animals'. It's just one rule after another. If you go by that book, you're not allowed to do anything.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The bible is like this ...

once upon a time sure it might have been inspired by "god"

Im sure many of its words made sense and fit together nicely ...

but then man got his dirty little hands on it

and this is where the contradictions confusion and cloudy interpertations come in ...

Thats why you have people pull out every rabbit out of the hat to try and make the bible make sense today ..

but they still fail and get laughed at . Because there trying to interpert a tainted document

They can't do it .. which is why the bible believers usually sit quietly when there ass is handed to them with reason and logic bit ch slap .....

If there is a god .. i assure you he would never want you to follow a tainted book ....

his words were mixed in with mans greedy censorship

to make a book full of holes , broken logic , empty morals , murder mentality , torture , rape etc

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer
Then why does the lord get mad at poor Cain?

I have been waiting many years for someone to ask just this question.

At home, Cain used grain to make bread. So why did he burn up a bunch of grain. As an offering no less. He knew what to do. He cooked bread when it was for himself.

There is plenty of evidence that bread is an acceptable offering. Look at Melchizedek. Heck, look at the last supper.

No. Either Cain was lazy, or ate all the bread himself the night before. But burning up a bunch of grain serves nothing but destruction.

As to how this simple truth has excaped the eyes of the so-called wise for millenia is another question altogether.

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman

Originally posted by imawlinn
What a bunch of nonsense. Sheesh. It always amazes me how people can believe this bunch of folklore and fairy tales. The bible is a man made publication. God did not make man, man made god.

A person may still want to get into an author's mind however. Would you get as angry and post the same reply if someone had asked why Yoda was hiding out on in the Dagobah system? Probably not. You may even have answered the question if you were a Star Wars fan.

Would you have made the same reply if people thought Star Wars was true, but you knew it wasn't? Maybe. Or maybe there's another reason one fictional story irritates more than the others. But nevertheless, fictional or not, every popular story will have people asking questions about it.
edit on 27-7-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

I think you missed the entire point of his post.

star wars is fiction. there isn't anyone who believes star wars is true and factual. there are, however, people who believe the bible to be true and factual.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Its not to hard to understand. Cain's offering was of his on WORKS, as in he tilled the ground, planted the seed, watered it till it grew, and then he harvested the fruit. All personal works the HE did as an offering.

Able on the other hand had no part in the lambs conception, and all he did was watch over it as it grew. To top things off, a lamb was most likely what was killed to cover up Able's and Cains mom and dad's nakedness, which they BOTH knew about this.

But the main thing you must keep in mind, is "you can't get blood from a turnip"

God requires blood to be shed in order to cover ones sins. Able knew this, Cain did too...only one brought the right gift. Cain killed his brother out of jealousy and self righteousness. Its all right there in the Holy Bible. Clear as day

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

If you read closely you will find that there where a lot of people hanging around outside the garden while Adam and Eve where inside naked and having sex all day.
Then they kicked them out I think because Adam got to "anal" and blamed Eve for eating some fruit that was very expensive to the landlord (read LORD).

Anyways, bit tipsy here, point is, they where not the first humans.
They where the first prefected humans. or something, not quite there in my grasping of it.

When you read closer yet again you will find that there are 3 Gods in stead of just one.
To get back to Cain and Abel, I have read somewhere that the acceptance of Abels sacrifice (flesh) symbolizes human evolution.

Here goes:

The agriculturist killed the Semite herders to gain their land, and the Semites cast these herders as the martyred favored children of God.

for example from Democratic Underground.com I suggest you (all) search the net for the rest. Genesis is the most exiting part of the bible anyway. All happens there. Billions of years of universal creation and the rest is an essay of 5000 years of written language,
edit on 28-7-2011 by Sover3igN because: adding a quote and a link

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sover3igN

It is clear. whoever created us reigned elsewhere in the universe, in other forms not perceiveable to the human eye, yet its soul like man. Could be that there are other Gods, besides God, almost like a tribe of entities. Our God Happens to be the one who created Adam and eve while other "Gods" were busy on other matters or other means of creation. Who was roaming the earth and who Cains wife was and other stuff such as the Nephilim are more important than we think, but we must not seek it for evil, but for finding our real God.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
One theory is that Cain is from the serpent seed, the devil made Eve pregnant in Eden and Cain had this violent gene in him self.
edit on 31-7-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

hmmmm, strangely enough, I believe this is what happened. In one way or another.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I agree with you that the bible is difficult to read and understand.

I can't answer the Cain/Abel question for you, but I do have a recommendation.

I'm currently reading one of the best books I've ever read. I think it is mislabled because it is so much more than the title: "Lost Secrets of the Sacred Ark" by Laurence Gardner.

It covers EVERTTHING.

The Exodus
The Pharohs
Moses & the Egyptians
The Knights Templar
GOLD=Iron, Cilca & Aluminum (How they made so much gold back then)
With excepts of the Bible through the whole thing and explains how so much is mistranslated.

What I found astonishing was that Moses was an Egyptian. He was the son of Amenhotep IV.

The 10 commandments are not of "rock" stone, but "gem" stones.

That Jesus was a "Craftsman" not a carpenter. A craftsman of the magical alchelmy arts.

That the Ark was a "superconducter"

That "Bread" is the Philosopher's Stone. Which is "gold powder".

There is so much more, I should start a thread on it, but don't have time right now. I highly recommend this book - it has answered so many questions, and things finally make sense.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think many member have seen 'It is This' argument about the Bible before it is nothing new. There is no hidden meaning, Jesus was not an alien the Star of Bethlehem was not a UFO.

It is a conspiracy to change the scriptures and eventually some Nephilim plot in the future will bring a fake discolosure they came from another planet or dimention, the next generation of fallen ones here to take over.

This is why science fiction has taken over the faith of people, it is in the most fun places of our lives when the Bible when explained for what it is goes beyond science.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

If cain offered fruits to the lord before abel offered fat portions of the firstborn of his flock, then that means that Cain's offering was more innocently meaningful than abels.
Then why does the lord get mad at poor Cain?

A few reasons, and you see these concepts echoing throughout the entire Bible:

1. Cain's offering was made by the toil and sweat of his hands, or in other words he was trying to justify himself by his works alone.

2. Abel's offering was a blood offering, a concept that would be echoed throughout the entire scripture. That an innocent thing would die for man. Every time the people from Abel to John the Baptist's time sacrificed a sinless, perfect creature for their sins it was a picture of Christ's sacrifice on Calvary.

The astonishing discoverery of the Bible is that Christ is on every page. Every ritual, every event, every feast, every thing in the book points to Christ. When you have a challenging issue, put Christ right in the middle of it and it should clear up. Example: When the Israelities were stricken with poisonous snake bites Moses asked for God to heal the people. Instead of outright healing them, God commanded Moses to erect a brass serpent and place it on a pole. That everyone who looked upon this brass serpent on a pole would be healed from the "snake" bites and their poison.

Go ahead to the NT and Jesus tells that the brass serpent was a picture of Him. To Jews a snake was a symbol for sin, brass was the Levitical metal for "judgment" because it could withstand fire. We learn the God made Jesus sin for us that we would be made the righteousness of God in Him. Snake bites = we having a sin nature. We look to Christ, who hung on the tree and we are forgiven and given a new nature in Christ. Brass equals judgment, God judged sin at Calvary.

You can see Christ in everything in the OT, another example is Moses being commanded to strike tyhe "rock" in the Wilderness and water would come forth. Jesus is our "rock", God struck Him and through His death "living water" is available for free to all who ask and pursue Him. Christ said He is "living water". And like Cain, the reason God was angry with Moses for striking the rock the 2nd time for water was because it destroyed a picture of Christ's 2nd coming to Earth to rule and reign from David's throne in Jerusalem. When people would be able to come to Him in person and ask for help or needs. (The 2nd time we'd "speak" to the rock/Christ for "living water")

edit on 1-8-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
One theory is that Cain is from the serpent seed, the devil made Eve pregnant in Eden and Cain had this violent gene in him self.

No, the "seed of the serpent" is the mess from Genesis 6 in a general sense, when the fallen angels bred with human women and created demi-god half man, half human offspring, the Nephillim, the Rephaim, et cetra. When God commanded the Israelities to slaughter every man woman and child of certain tribes in the OT times they were tribes of Nephillim/Rephaim. The "seed of the serpent" in the specific sense and the context from God's prophecy is the antichrist.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611

Its not to hard to understand. Cain's offering was of his on WORKS, as in he tilled the ground, planted the seed, watered it till it grew, and then he harvested the fruit. All personal works the HE did as an offering.

Able on the other hand had no part in the lambs conception, and all he did was watch over it as it grew. To top things off, a lamb was most likely what was killed to cover up Able's and Cains mom and dad's nakedness, which they BOTH knew about this.

But the main thing you must keep in mind, is "you can't get blood from a turnip"

God requires blood to be shed in order to cover ones sins. Able knew this, Cain did too...only one brought the right gift. Cain killed his brother out of jealousy and self righteousness. Its all right there in the Holy Bible. Clear as day

Exactly, you got there before me. Great post.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Why thank you

You see OP, there are plenty of people on this site alone who understand what the Bible says in every story presented. The problem with not understanding something always begins with the reader, not the text.

You did right though by asking others for a possible answer. Although you should pray and ask God for answers from HIS Holy Bible before you ask other humans. Just a rule of thumb

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The bible is a lesson on how to live and what meaning life has. There are many contradictions, many innacuracies and many speculations. That is what life is all about. The answer to many questions is in the question itself.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that you people must understand something, regardless of yours beliefs. If other Humans besides Adam, Eve, Able and Cain, did exist at the same time, then there is clearly a msytery to be solved. Either cains wife was an individual female created by God or she would've been the daughter of another male and his wife, who were created besides Adam and Eve. If this is not the case, then it is possible that Cains wife was in fact the first and only single woman created by God, while Adam and Eve were created by an entity besides God.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

To be honest, the issue of who Cain's wife was isn't particularly something I feel is a great mystery. Those who will say that Adam and Eve had many children are quite correct; and it is not so difficult to believe that the writer of this part of Genesis assumed Cain to have taken one of his sisters.

The only real problem that exists here, to assume that Cain's wife was in fact a woman completely 'unrelated' to him, who would have come into being in a way completely independent of Adam and Eve. If we hold this position, but yet wish to hold the Original Sin position as well, then we must hold that Cain's wife was sinless, and may or may not have eventually fallen into it. But this is a problem for certain forms of Christianity, and has nothing to do with what the ancient authors of Genesis may or may not have believed personally. Moreover, I am not aware of any evidence that would lead a person to this conclusion, and thus it is only imaginative and fantastical.

This all just leads, of course, into issues of incest and birth defects. If we view this story as being one hundred per cent historical, then we will simply invoke a 'supernatural' explanation for this incest fact. "God just made it work... through his power" is the only answer that is conceivable; and whether or not you find this compelling is up to you.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by prizim

Originally posted by tinfoilman

Originally posted by imawlinn
What a bunch of nonsense. Sheesh. It always amazes me how people can believe this bunch of folklore and fairy tales. The bible is a man made publication. God did not make man, man made god.

A person may still want to get into an author's mind however. Would you get as angry and post the same reply if someone had asked why Yoda was hiding out on in the Dagobah system? Probably not. You may even have answered the question if you were a Star Wars fan.

Would you have made the same reply if people thought Star Wars was true, but you knew it wasn't? Maybe. Or maybe there's another reason one fictional story irritates more than the others. But nevertheless, fictional or not, every popular story will have people asking questions about it.
edit on 27-7-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

I think you missed the entire point of his post.

star wars is fiction. there isn't anyone who believes star wars is true and factual. there are, however, people who believe the bible to be true and factual.

I addressed that issue in the post you're quoting. You may have not read the whole post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join