It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Kinda Like The Man I've Become

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBirdSaid
This behavior reminds me of military pilots and their ridiculous, usually phallac call signs hitting on women with lines like "Hi I'm riceball" or "Hi, call me Hammer" - ugh. That part from Top Gun is real unfortunately.

You don't have to play the game and you certainly are not in that fraternity. Your handle is not chosen. It is conferred upon you by other pilots. You do not have a choice in the matter. The vast majority are nowhere near "phallic" as you claim, unless you think "Killer Chick" (A famous Warthog (A-10) pilot) or "Maverick" are phallic. Mine was "Sky," for obvious reasons, and even you have one, LittleBird. Oh, I get it. Yours is phallic.

OP, why do you feel compelled to start a second thread on the very same topic as your first one? I don't think you are going to get any different answers.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PTPriceless

You know I would just sit her down and ask her if she ever wanted to be someone else to change and start new to be the more confident person etc.. And just tell her the truth say you were never happy the person you were and wanted to be reborn a new person. And if you explain it that there were no devious intentions but it was only to better the self and start new she might actually understand. If not too bad.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You are sick. This would be the onset of one of these disorders, Dissociative disorder, Dissociative fugue, Dissociative identity disorder, Depersonalization disorder. If you had just fleetingly used a false name then it wouldn't be but your willingness to make up an entirely fictitious reality for this new identity with a street address as well as background, and then felt good enough about it to come on here to essentially brag, shows your fragmented mindset.

I wouldn't want to know the real you or the fake you, and you will without a doubt be exposed as the charlatan you are. This will help in furthering your descent into self hate, and you will want to be your true self even less than you want to now. The fact that your happier deceiving people with a false identity instead of being yourself shows the self hate I mentioned above. Stop before you destroy yourself, and seek a therapist as well as medication immediately you lying sack.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
did i miss something? you went to church and gave a false name? pointless and disshonest, yeah welldone.

also what kind of church has name tags? ugh well good luck anyway, wierdo.

Last I checked lying isn't in the ten commandments. Have you always wanted to be someone else to better your self. What harm can it do if his intentions are good. So is neonitus you're real name why are you hiding you're real name. we all do it. You're no better than him no need to resort to name calling that was rude.

I look forward to a friendly debate on the issue.
edit on 26-7-2011 by enament because: invitation

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm the exact same person all I changed was my name,job and living situation. If some of you think I'm going to hell for wanting to just change that, then go ahead, think so. Dont judge unless you want to be judged too. Yeah I intended on using the alias. I met the girl and chose to use the alias but now I want to go back. To see, her.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The real you has changed. The real you has been changing your whole life and maybe you just haven't noticed it so much. Little bitty changes tend to go unnoticed by oneself though to those you see only now and then in your early life notice the changes easily, say grandparents who only see you every five years or so.

You say you conned a girl. You say girl and not woman so I presume you to be young. No matter except that this would lead me to guess that you have not lied so much as consciously tried out new aspects of being and used this alias as the avenue to experiment.

A young man who has a big date for the prom and goes around school in genes and tees and tennis shoes. He rents a tux and shiny black shoes for the dance. Is he lying? No, he is just dressing up.

Well, I think you are dressing up your self. Can this be bad? Sure, but not if you keep it honest with yourself. May I repeat that? Not if you keep it honest with yourself.

This young woman? Tell her about your real name and life. If she finds no trouble with it then go with it. If she does, then say good bye but keep the good stuff that you learned about your self and express it again in other situations.

Run with it guy. Just don't go overboard. And remember, keep it honest with yourself.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm actually leaning the other way! I'm not happy with what I've become... I'm constantly moaning about my lot. I'm fed up being tied into a system were not only can I not win the argument but I can't even get those in control to listen to what I have to say. I'm fed up being bullied by my government. I'm annoyed that I have no say in how those in charge can hound me for money I simply don't have, and then make me out to be a monster for not being able to pay. In all honesty I'm sick to my back teeth in having other people tell me how I should behave and what I should judge to be acceptible!
I'm also fed up with hearing those around me who equally find it difficult to live in a country where the cost of living has shot up by over twenty percent while a bunch of multi millionaire politicians tell me I can't have a pay rise! How they tell me that the poor, the sick and elderly are to blame for our current troubles yet the real cause, namely the bankers, go unpunished.
I think a full blown national strike and revolution is well over due.... Society is sick and the contagion is seeping down to us normal everyday people.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Well put star for that. I have done similar things in the past heck I'm doing it right now my real name isn't Enament.
I can see how the circumstances could easily snow ball out of control and backfire. But what harm could it do if his intentions are to better the self. If he gets caught and confesses and people don't understand his intentions are for the betterment of himself and not to be devious than they aren't really into religion for the right reasons anyhow.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LemmyKautionu

I think most people feel the way you do but thats what you're subjected to not who you have become. But becoming depressed by it all you can become. Get you're mind on other things being depressed about the things you cannot change will do you no good in you're life. Take care.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Roll with it brother! I do this quite often just to screw with people lol!
My exwife and I used to do this all the time when we went to bars or social functions that we didn't know anybody. Its fun and its roleplaying. A lot of counselors actually employ this technique to people that have selfesteem problems or someones marriage is getting boring. Keep on keepin on but don't get yourself in a pickle

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

did i miss something? you went to church and gave a false name? pointless and disshonest, yeah welldone. also what kind of church has name tags? ugh well good luck anyway, wierdo.

You must have a miserable life.

I don't know why so many people attack the O.P.

Is it really that bad to use an alias if its for a study project.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It also can be played off as a trust thing. I could say hey, I'm new to this area, compared to moving from another street where people were a little shady. And then let people in on the fact that I use an alias to see who talks about me, who spreads word about me, and who is nice and actually talks to me.

It could be an exclusive "need-to-know" club of sorts, make people feel like they're part of something 'cool' or mysterious.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Lemme get this straight...you lie about your name...you're living in your car....jobless.....I say you're bored making up stuff to start dialogue with people 'cuz you have limited social skills....

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by i8miceb4
Lemme get this straight...you lie about your name...you're living in your car....jobless.....I say you're bored making up stuff to start dialogue with people 'cuz you have limited social skills....

I have incredible people skills. Also very smooth with words. You have a point?

Oh, you tried making one with a junior high remark, got it,

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Jim Jones, David Karesh, to name but a couple, were also smooth with words...your point?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Wow, you're pretty bored eh...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by i8miceb4
Jim Jones, David Karesh, to name but a couple, were also smooth with words...your point?

you're funny.

Trying to argue over stupid stuff. Over the internet even. Chill. Chill. Chill. Don't take life so damn seriously.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

Ourselves are more fluid and flowing than many are willing to admit. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join