It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the Catholic Church hide the Gospel Of Mary? Read for yourself

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I didnt mean to offend you by saying you had a good heart. (Not saying u dont now either)
My question to you becomes why would you come to a spiritual/religious thread if you dont believe in it?
I do not visit the reptilian thread becuse I do not believe in it.
I chose to leave them in peace rather then critize them because I do not share their view points.

All I was trying to say was the moral code was written in you're heart as everyone else.
Weather that came from GOD or not is up to you to decide.
But my question becomes who put it into the earliest ancestors hearts who decided it was wrong??

LOTZA LUV 2 U

Religion intrigues me, and also annoys me.....so i pop in every now and then just to have my say

There is no moral code...thats all im saying. Its all to do with survival and societies.

Society says murder is wrong.....but its not wrong in every instance. If i had to kill 1m people to save 1b people i would do it....but i wouldnt just go out and murder someone for kicks if you get what i mean lol.

It does make me laugh how religion pushes all this nonsense, but abides by very little. Hypocrite.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (not you...the book and the teachings...and the church itself)

Im sure you have "sinned" thousands of times since you were born....it is impossible not to "sin" given human nature.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrOysterhead

I agree with you, There is a glimmer of truths in all religions.
I am a spiritual person, so I seek it out.
Absolutely no religion is 100% right period it is a fact. Too distorted by our own hands.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

LOL, LOved the way you put it.
I am not you're run of the mill christian. I am a spiritual person.
When I find enlightenment be it christian, muslim, budha, kabbalaist. I take that and leave all the other bs behind.
As I think you do aswell. Atleast maybe lol.

I actually cant stand religion. Its all elit power trips mixed in with the shedding of innocent blood.
So to me when you find a gospel that says something as powerfull as.
GOD and JESUS are with in you and we are all connected, it makes you stop for a moment.

Those two verses seem to strip all the power away from those institution's.
Which I like because they cause way to many problems and war.

EDITED TO RESPONED TO YOU"RE LAST QUESTION,
OMG
, Too many to count. Thats why I try my damndest not to JUdge.
I am no better then anyone else. And in some cases way worse.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Mividau because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Paul’s writings, in the New Testament, clearly show a Judaic influence towards woman. From head covering, to woman not being allowed to speak in church or Teach etc. But the fact is that Jesus did not teach any of those things, they all came from Paul and Judaism.

Where as Jesus on the other hand, throughout some of the Gnostic texts, clearly teaches tolerance towards woman, and he treats Mary as equal, just like the other male disciples, and he saw nothing wrong with her being a teacher. The male disciples were in turmoil over her role, because of the fact that Jesus seemed to favor her more than them.

I think it’s more to do with the fact that, at that time this was a male dominated society, and also the teachings clearly conflicted with Judaic ones concerning woman, and therefore they had to try and get rid of them somehow.

34) Beware that no one lead you astray saying Lo here or lo there! For the Son of Man is within you.

Do not lay down any rules beyond what I appointed you, and do not give a law like the lawgiver lest you be constrained by it

I am pretty sure these 2 verses had agreat deal to do with it. Imagine that, Jesus is always with you.
Not sitting in some church waiting for sunday to roll around and you're admitence fee to be paid. What you do not think this goes along with his message in the NT???

Yes, it does indeed go along with Jesus other teachings in some of the other parts of the 4 gospels. But I don’t think they kept out the Gospel of Mary, for that reason alone, mainly because “God being within you”, is clearly covered in the verses below…

Luke 17:20
20 Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is within you.”

Which is closely echoed in the following Gnostic verse…

The Gospel of Thomas
3. Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you.

You are right though; it’s all about finding God within, and realizing that you are a Temple of the Holy Spirit and that you’re a part of the living God.

When a person comes to realize these things, there is no need to learn to stick to strict laws, because you become aware that everyone is part of and one with God. And therefore you do not wish to harm others, because you realize that in doing so, you would only be harming yourself and God.

- JC

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

People without sin?
How can a church control people if people are without sin?Jeez you have to have sin.If God doesn't live in the church or temple how will they take your money?

None of the scriptures according to Mary fit in with the church teachings,they want you to feel guilty for being alive,sins are a great scam,they're perpetual, why would they want the truth known?
edit on 26-7-2011 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
All Gospel is God-breathed, God also stated that the words should not be altered in anyway by mankind.
It does intrigue me to see how the Gospels of Mary and many more have been excluded from the Bible.
While I believe in God/Jesus, I believe the entire text has been manipulated to suit the church, mostly from excluding the other books.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Sorry I just love when people use the smiley's......

I dont think GOD wants you're money, the church yes GOD no.
Perfection was also asked for in the NT. Maybe different wording but the same premise.
Try to walk as Jesus did. Thats really all that was asked.

And by the shedding of Jesus's blood as part of the master plan.
I feel GOD knows none of us will ever be perfect.

LOTZA LUV 2 U

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
There were plenty of books and book fragments not chosen for the New Testament, but not necessarily because there was any huge conspiracy to avoid putting in "The Truth." It was basically a matter of available space (you don't want a book you have to haul around in an ox cart), and to make sure the thing was essentially consistent. A lot of stuff just doesn't fit in.

And they also needed people to rally behind the Church, in order to keep it going. The problem with Gnostic teachings like that in the Gospel of Mary is that it's all about the individual and how they approach the philosophy. You don't need a Church to be a Gnostic, but the Church needs you. Also, if the Church is going to leave some Gnostic stuff out, who is going to complain about it? Not the unorganized Gnostics. They can't get together on anything!

But, hey. The books have been found and published again, proving their resilience. And if you want to be a Gnostic Christian in the 21st Century, nobody's going to stop you. Maybe this is the "Anti-Christ" that was foretold of. Not so much a living person, but the resurrection of a concept that subverts Christianity in its own name.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Hmmm, dont really know how to reply to that. To go straight to it being in the spirit of the anti-christ is a bit of a stretch dont you think?? Does the NT not say when 2 or more are gathered in my name I am there. Could that mean the church (real one) is on a much higher plain then the one's made out of stones. Where alot of churchtians tend to begin and end their faith every week. (Not saying that everyone that attends the church is not good christians. But we all know the luke warmers run abound.) Maybe, it could be?
Why is that anybody that goes against the church (man made) is called that?

I am not against GOD or JESUS. To be honest I want their (Father n SON) opinion not man's. (As in human's)
To say I am anti-christ because I chose to keep my foot out of the door of child molester's, those who backed the natzi party, and those who went against what Jesus taught durning the great crusade's. I dont know maybe I should begin to welcome the thought. I dont know maybe Id rather be an antichrist in mans opinion but the bride in GODS and Jesus's opinion. Because theirs is what truly matters, right.

Since Revelation's says the whole world (THE IN CROWD) will be fooled and I tend not to carry the same opinion's.So maybe it is better to be the black sheep in this case. But that is for each and everyone of us to decide for ourselve's. After all we are granted freedom of choice. My truth is not you're truth.

The church still cant come togather 100% on anything either.
Most churchtians cant even agree on...... baptism full submergeing or just head. Weather a priest may grant you absolutions vs GOD n Jesus. Are you allowed to have a cross in you're church. Mandatory fasting's, weather the holy communion should be 1 awk, a month or a year. Are church's allowed to grant sanctuary. Is there a rapture. Weather once you accept christ as you're savour is that it. Are all christians going to heaven. Is there a imediate life after death. Is there a hell. Is there purgatory. Should we bow to mary. Is the holy trinity true. That GOD and Jesus are the same.Are just some of the many things the church can not agree on,

But there is one fundamental truth.(THat we may all agree on) Jesus saved us all, so in this we are all brothers and sisters.

LOTZA LUV 2 U

edit on 26-7-2011 by Mividau because:
relized I made an nono to me lol

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

John tells us that there were many anti-christ walking amoung then even back then. Which means not Christ. The anti-christ might even be the man behind the pulpit teaching false doctrine. He may not even know his doctrine if false but it does bring in a tidy sum of money. You know the money they say give us and God will bless you 7 times full.

The bible also tells us in the end times "what is hidden will be revealed" it also says knowledge will be greatly increased. Some think this means that it what we know about the world we live in and the internet.

What if it's all these lost (hidden and attempted to be destroyed) books of the bible? Here is another book that is quoted and talked about many times in the old and new testament. The books of Enoch. They had it almost destroyed except for 3 copies. It was banned and considered heresay.

Why would they do such a thing? Especially when it is considered older than the books of Moses? Well because it talks about the fallen angels (Gen 6). Enoch goes on to explain that they will be bound to the earth for all time and walk amoung us. Speculation as to why this book was banned and thought so evil is that it insinuates that anyone could be one of the fallen angels and you wouldn't know it except by their deeds. You might question religous leaders as to what spirit they are of. You might find their wanting to add and take out and laws they want you to live by aren't of what God and Jesus wanted. You might decide they are evil and want to get rid of them.

A lot of the books that didn't make it into the bible wasn't because they were unpopular with the masses but because they would not suit the desires of a group of men organizing a religion.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

38) Do not lay down any rules beyond what I appointed you, and do not give a law like the lawgiver lest you be constrained by it.

This is THE VERY POINT I MAKE... in my CRIME CRIME CRIME! thread!

WOW... lol, guess Jesus knew, ya think?

There were plenty of books and book fragments not chosen for the New Testament, but not necessarily because there was any huge conspiracy to avoid putting in "The Truth."

But THERE WAS a conspiracy... Constantine demanded a decisive unification of Christianity to prevent religion from destroying his empire... and drug every last cleric to Constintanople from every corner of what remained of Rome to settle the disagreements upon penalty of death if a resolution wasn't found.

Thus the Vatican began its formation, with the forging of Roman Catholic dogma.

The Apostle Paul said that "ALL Scriptures are inspired". Forfeiting some in the name of political stability is the conspiracy, perpetrated upon the fearful Christian faithful by a tyrannical pagan Sun Worshiper.

Goooooo Babylon! (meh...)
edit on 26-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
One last item...

Christendom represents organized religion - just like crime, labor, politics, etc. It does NOT represent the body or the embodiment of Christ. It is NOT Christianity, because Christ came as the savior of ALL mankind.

Christianity exists as an INDIVIDUAL belief system based upon a personal relationship between the Creator and His progeny. That's why Jesus said that the individual IS the church. To 'convert', 'suppress', 'oppress', 'dominate', 'reject', 'inquire', or 'defend' has NOTHING to do with being a Christian. Being Christian is an allegiance to YHWH through the acknowledgement that the Metatron (a.k.a. 'Lesser YHWH') was given His ambassadorship by the empowerment of Holy Spirit, and by means of the path provided by Him, 'Christians' shall discover their identity... AND their purpose.

"My sheep will know my Voice" - Metatron, the Voice of God.

Genesis 3: 15 declares that there exists TWO distinct species of humans living upon this planet... "the Serpent's seed, and the Woman's seed". Jesus stated that there will be a separation of these two species at the end of days... "sheep from goats", "weeds from wheat", the understanding from the intolerant.

Since this is true, it's only obvious why Jesus revealed this fact to His disciples when he showed them that only they were capable of seeing who He in reality was, while everyone else thought he was just another prophet after the fashion of Elijah... BECAUSE THE REST WERE ~EXACTLY~ WHAT HE CONDEMNED THEM AS BEING...OFFSPRING OF SERPENTS.

hmm...

The fact that these rejected works remain among us is because they ARE inspired, and the Serpent doesn't want those that these works were written for to glean their enlightenment.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Some of these Gospels I think were left out because they are God Awful (ha ha) to read. The Gospel of Thomas for example. The message is the less the problem than the manner of writing.

Editorial grace, and not the message of God was the provocation for it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57
reply to post by Mividau

(Gen 6). Enoch goes on to explain that they will be bound to the earth for all time and walk amoung us. Speculation as to why this book was banned and thought so evil is that it insinuates that anyone could be one of the fallen angels and you wouldn't know it except by their deeds. You might question religous leaders as to what spirit they are of. You might find their wanting to add and take out and laws they want you to live by aren't of what God and Jesus wanted. You might decide they are evil and want to get rid of them.

A lot of the books that didn't make it into the bible wasn't because they were unpopular with the masses but because they would not suit the desires of a group of men organizing a religion.

Thank you Nappa, I was trying not to go there.
Revelation's states in the end time's it will be as the days of Noah ie, fallen angels/demons and the nephelim.
And yes some people dont see the false doctorines preached but I believe that is were the veil being lifted and the two witness's come in.

I also believe you about the Knowledge thing as well. I believe all knowledge will be increased. I am 30 now but as a kid I never once heard of any of these books.

EDITED TO ADD

LOTZA LUV 2 U

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo

"My sheep will know my Voice" - Metatron, the Voice of God.

Genesis 3: 15 declares that there exists TWO distinct species of humans living upon this planet... "the Serpent's seed, and the Woman's seed". Jesus stated that there will be a separation of these two species at the end of days... "sheep from goats", "weeds from wheat", the understanding from the intolerant.

Since this is true, it's only obvious why Jesus revealed this fact to His disciples when he showed them that only they were capable of seeing who He in reality was, while everyone else thought he was just another prophet after the fashion of Elijah... BECAUSE THE REST WERE ~EXACTLY~ WHAT HE CONDEMNED THEM AS BEING...OFFSPRING OF SERPENTS.

hmm...

The fact that these rejected works remain among us is because they ARE inspired, and the Serpent doesn't want those that these works were written for to glean their enlightenment.

Some great wisdom there Heyyo (heehee luv the name

I'll admit the serpent seed is a new one to me. Just learned it this year. Everytime I try to research it I hit a brick wall called Anunaki. Which has begun to make me think aliens are demon's but thats a different story.

Could you share more of you're insight into the serpent seed.

LOTZA LUV 2 U

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
reply to post by Mividau

You are right though; it’s all about finding God within, and realizing that you are a Temple of the Holy Spirit and that you’re a part of the living God.

When a person comes to realize these things, there is no need to learn to stick to strict laws, because you become aware that everyone is part of and one with God. And therefore you do not wish to harm others, because you realize that in doing so, you would only be harming yourself and God.

- JC

Thank you JC,
I think this message has been lost over time. Everybody seems to be more caught up with the dogma of it all.
Or even the show of it. I get looked down on often because I refuse to attend a stone church. I have tried to explain my reason's.Which after explaining stuff like above but from the NT. I always end with---> I dont follow Jesus for the country club membership. I follow him for the membership of humanity. Well the more enlightend version I should say.The one's that relize the statment you made to be 100% true

LOTZA LUV 2 U

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Some of these Gospels I think were left out because they are God Awful (ha ha) to read. The Gospel of Thomas for example. The message is the less the problem than the manner of writing.

Editorial grace, and not the message of God was the provocation for it.

Yes some of them I do agree with you on of why they may be left out, (great pun by the way

But some you read and go why? Why was this one or that one left out.

I agree with yoyo, Some of it was due to the cherry picking of Constatine to forge his vision of the perfect religion.
That gave everyone a little of what they want. But that is not how GOD and JESUS work. So any that where in direct contrast to the blue print were out. They even tried to iradicate them which again leaves you at why. Which is what they enjoyed todo to many cities durning war burn their histories.

So to me it seems to lend the saying, The history depends on who won. Apparently Constatine won.
Now we have the beautiful Vatican "The city on 7 hills", Were DANIEL warned would change times and laws.

LOTZA LUV 2 U

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Originally posted by Joecroft

Thank you JC,
I think this message has been lost over time. Everybody seems to be more caught up with the dogma of it all.

Yeah, I know that you mean; I think that believing in Jesus should be made really simple. IMO people are putting too much of their faith, in theology. When they should really be putting their faith in Jesus words.

Or even the show of it. I get looked down on often because I refuse to attend a stone church.

Well, it’s only bricks; I’m sure they won’t mind lol

Seriously though, it’s the people who are the church; not the building. Although you’ve probably, heard that mentioned before somewhere.

I have tried to explain my reason's. Which after explaining stuff like above but from the NT. I always end with---> I dont follow Jesus for the country club membership. I follow him for the membership of humanity. Well the more enlightend version I should say.The one's that relize the statment you made to be 100% true

Thanks, it’s something I’ve thought about a lot.

Again, I completely agree with what you are saying. I don’t go to a church either anymore, partly because I disagree with a number of theological doctrines, which I no longer believe to be true.

As for my statement, I think it’s universally true among many religions. In the Old Testament it is stated that “God is one” and this is repeated in verses from the Quran etc. And even Buddhists, feel a sense of oneness during prayer/meditation.

Jesus also mentions this himself, as you can see from the verse in my signature (John 14:20)

- JC

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Which is why I dont really knock other religions. Theres truths in them all on some level. Like I love budhist. Follow no, worship no, but Jesus and the budha have alot in common. Plus prayer and meditation are the same things. And bringing peace to you're mind does bring peace to you're spirit. For me it is more of connecting with the holy spirit and calming you're mind so that you may hear them. Through prayer/medatation, the world is no longer as quiet as it once was. So GOD and Jesus could get drowned out. They speak in whispers, so its our job to shush and listen lmao. (Sorry I just had this conversation with my 10 year old about hearing GOD, so I apologize for how it may sound. Still in mommy mood I guess).

I am also very appalled at the church my children are attending. They are only going because there father wish's it. But they already taught them 2b judgemental. They came home yelling I worship an idol because I am on a computer all the time. I said didnt they teach you about what Jesus says about judgeing other's. (NO, with there faces down.) How ever you judge others GOD and Jesus will judge you with. Do you really want him to judge you for every minute you play you're video game. And I study the word 8-12 hrs a day so dont ever say anything like that again. Hold you're tounge untill you know the truth. (I am a stay at home mother with alot of time on my hands lol, I chose this vs. T.V.)

Like I said take the truth and leave the bs behind. We are all one and we need to love everyone and another fully.

P.s. Just incase you havent seen this yet, another reason why I will never walk into a church....

Originally posted by Griffo

Victims of sexual abuse by priests will no longer be able to sue the Catholic church for damages if a landmark judgment rules that priests should not be considered as employees.

The use of the defence raises further questions about the church's willingness to accept culpability for abuse. It follows a damning report into abuse at the diocese of Cloyne in Ireland which prompted the Irish president, Mary McAleese, to call on leaders of the church "to urgently reflect on how, by coherent and effective action, it can restore public trust and confidence in its stated objective of putting children first

Catholic church's plea could rule out damages for priests' abuse

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

For me it is more of connecting with the holy spirit and calming you're mind so that you may hear them. Through prayer/medatation, the world is no longer as quiet as it once was. So GOD and Jesus could get drowned out. They speak in whispers, so its our job to shush and listen lmao. (Sorry I just had this conversation with my 10 year old about hearing GOD, so I apologize for how it may sound. Still in mommy mood I guess).

Ok, I got my orders…I need to shush up and listen more…thanks mom lol

I feel like a kid agian...

Strangely enough, it was hearing Gods audible voice, while having had no religious upbringing, which eventually led me to believing in Jesus. There is more to this story, but here is the short version. One night about 2 n half years ago, I heard Gods voice, which sounded gentle and yet powerful at the same time, which I know sounds like a contradiction, but that’s the best way I can describe it.

The voice asked me a question, which led me on a long spiritual journey, which culminated in me receiving the Holy Spirit one night, while I was reading John 14. I later pin pointed, that I received the Holy Sprit just as I got up to verse John 14:20, which is why I now have that verse as my signature.

I am also very appalled at the church my children are attending. They are only going because there father wish's it. But they already taught them 2b judgemental. They came home yelling I worship an idol because I am on a computer all the time. I said didnt they teach you about what Jesus says about judgeing other's. (NO, with there faces down.) How ever you judge others GOD and Jesus will judge you with. Do you really want him to judge you for every minute you play you're video game. And I study the word 8-12 hrs a day so dont ever say anything like that again.

Hold you're tounge untill you know the truth. (I am a stay at home mother with alot of time on my hands lol, I chose this vs. T.V.)

Good choice, about the TV thing, and choosing ATS.

And regarding the idol worship; as long as your not praying to it lol I don’t really see the problem.

Like I said take the truth and leave the bs behind. We are all one and we need to love everyone and another fully.

Absolutely, I agree…

P.s. Just incase you haven’t seen this yet, another reason why I will never walk into a church....

Originally posted by Griffo
Victims of sexual abuse by priests will no longer be able to sue the Catholic church for damages if a landmark judgment rules that priests should not be considered as employees.

The use of the defence raises further questions about the church's willingness to accept culpability for abuse. It follows a damning report into abuse at the diocese of Cloyne in Ireland which prompted the Irish president, Mary McAleese, to call on leaders of the church "to urgently reflect on how, by coherent and effective action, it can restore public trust and confidence in its stated objective of putting children first

Catholic church's plea could rule out damages for priests' abuse

That whole case is just ridiculous; if people are receiving a wage, then surely they must have to be classified as being an employee…

As for whole abuse thing, you would think that if they were truly men of God, then would at least stand up and be counted and take some responsibility for what they have done. Including those who have not been directly involved, but who are aware of what has transpired.

- JC

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join