It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the Catholic Church hide the Gospel Of Mary? Read for yourself

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene
[The Gospel of Mary]
Chapter 4
(Pages 1 to 6 of the manuscript, containing chapters 1 - 3, are lost. The extant text starts on page 7...)

. . . Will matter then be destroyed or not?

22) The Savior said, All nature, all formations, all creatures exist in and with one another, and they will be resolved again into their own roots.

23) For the nature of matter is resolved into the roots of its own nature alone.

24) He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

25) Peter said to him, Since you have explained everything to us, tell us this also: What is the sin of the world?

26) The Savior said There is no sin, but it is you who make sin when you do the things that are like the nature of adultery, which is called sin.

27) That is why the Good came into your midst, to the essence of every nature in order to restore it to its root.

28) Then He continued and said, That is why you become sick and die, for you are deprived of the one who can heal you.

29) He who has a mind to understand, let him understand.

30) Matter gave birth to a passion that has no equal, which proceeded from something contrary to nature. Then there arises a disturbance in its whole body.

31) That is why I said to you, Be of good courage, and if you are discouraged be encouraged in the presence of the different forms of nature.

32) He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

33) When the Blessed One had said this, He greeted them all,saying, Peace be with you. Receive my peace unto yourselves.

34) Beware that no one lead you astray saying Lo here or lo there! For the Son of Man is within you.

35) Follow after Him!

36) Those who seek Him will find Him.

37) Go then and preach the gospel of the Kingdom.

38) Do not lay down any rules beyond what I appointed you, and do not give a law like the lawgiver lest you be constrained by it.

39) When He said this He departed.

READ THE REST AT THIS LINK

34) Beware that no one lead you astray saying Lo here or lo there! For the Son of Man is within you.

Do not lay down any rules beyond what I appointed you, and do not give a law like the lawgiver lest you be constrained by it.

I am pretty sure these 2 verses had agreat deal to do with it. Imagine that, Jesus is always with you.
Not sitting in some church waiting for sunday to roll around and you're admitence fee to be paid. What you do not think this goes along with his message in the NT???

1.Matthew 21:12
And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Because she is a woman and to religion....women are inferior wastes of skin.

You gotta love religion haha

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

That is what I have always heard too.

The Gospel of Mary implies that Mary was Jesus' closest apostle and confided in her more than the others. The priests didnt want a woman to be shown as more important than men so they left it out.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrOysterhead

Mine was an assumption based on my very little knowledge of any organized religion lol.

Women have always been seen as inferior in religion....thats why they are still paid less than men....religion still plays a huge role in everything we do....i think its about time it was abolished and replaced with the word of Science

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
this is exactly why i dont believe, the priests put into the bible whatever they wanted

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I agree with you to a certain extent. I believe that mathmatics is the devine language Of GOD.
ie Golden Ratio's that can be found throughout creation naturaly. Plus every science has its roots in mathmatics.

Plus apparently giveing life is a blessing, not a curse. He just added pain ((shakeing fists)) THANKS EVE.
Women have always had places in religion. According to the HOLY SPIRIT after Jesus assended we are to become prophets of GOD n JESUS. Plus you have many other women through out the scriptures who played big roles. No matter how much religion wishs to down play it.

LOTZA LUV 2 U ALL
edit on 26-7-2011 by Mividau because: Dumb Fingers heehee

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A better reason is that the document was seriously doubted as authentic:

1. It is not cited by any other apostles and unknown to many of the original apostolic churches when the canon was established.

2. It is Gnostic in its nature and message, hence not Christian.

If there is any conspiracy here, it was that Book of Mary was forged by Gnostics to lay credence to their very unapostolic views. Stranger things have happened in mankind's religions....just look around.

edit on 26-7-2011 by NEMOats because: bad choice of a word

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i have never read them but would love to if any one has the link. according to various sources she was extremely close to jesus more so than the 12 that followed him. She was also in charge of the womens evangilical corps never mentioned in the bible.
FROM URANTIA WEBSITE:
Throughout the early days of the Christian church women teachers and ministers were called deaconesses and were accorded general recognition. But Paul, despite the fact that he conceded all this in theory, never really incorporated it into his own attitude and personally found it difficult to carry out in practice.

150:2.2 It was at Magdala that the women first demonstrated their usefulness and vindicated the wisdom of their choosing. Andrew had imposed rather strict rules upon his associates about doing personal work with women, especially with those of questionable character. When the party entered Magdala, these ten women evangelists were free to enter the evil resorts and preach the glad tidings directly to all their inmates. And when visiting the sick, these women were able to draw very close in their ministry to their afflicted sisters. As the result of the ministry of these ten women (afterward known as the twelve women) at this place, Mary Magdalene was won for the kingdom. Through a succession of misfortunes and in consequence of the attitude of reputable society toward women who commit such errors of judgment, this woman had found herself in one of the nefarious resorts of Magdala. It was Martha and Rachel who made plain to Mary that the doors of the kingdom were open to even such as she. Mary believed the good news and was baptized by Peter the next day.

1. The Women’s Evangelistic Corps (1678.5) 150:1.1 Of all the daring things which Jesus did in connection with his earth career, the most amazing was his sudden announcement on the evening of January 16: “On the morrow we will set apart ten women for the ministering work of the kingdom.” At the beginning of the two weeks’ period during which the apostles and the evangelists were to be absent from Bethsaida on their furlough, Jesus requested David to summon his parents back to their home and to dispatch messengers calling to Bethsaida ten devout women who had served in the administration of the former encampment and the tented infirmary. These women had all listened to the instruction given the young evangelists, but it had never occurred to either themselves or their teachers that Jesus would dare to commission women to teach the gospel of the kingdom and minister to the sick. These ten women selected and commissioned by Jesus were: Susanna, the daughter of the former chazan of the Nazareth synagogue; Joanna, the wife of Chuza, the steward of Herod Antipas; Elizabeth, the daughter of a wealthy Jew of Tiberias and Sepphoris; Martha, the elder sister of Andrew and Peter; Rachel, the sister-in-law of Jude, the Master’s brother in the flesh; Nasanta, the daughter of Elman, the Syrian physician; Milcha, a cousin of the Apostle Thomas; Ruth, the eldest daughter of Matthew Levi; Celta, the daughter of a Roman centurion; and Agaman, a widow of Damascus. Subsequently, Jesus added two other women to this group — Mary Magdalene and Rebecca, the daughter of Joseph of Arimathea. (1679.1) 150:1.2 Jesus authorized these women to effect their own organization and directed Judas to provide funds for their equipment and for pack animals. The ten elected Susanna as their chief and Joanna as their treasurer. From this time on they furnished their own funds; never again did they draw upon Judas for support. (1679.2) 150:1.3 It was most astounding in that day, when women were not even allowed on the main floor of the synagogue (being confined to the women’s gallery), to behold them being recognized as authorized teachers of the new gospel of the kingdom. The charge which Jesus gave these ten women as he set them apart for gospel teaching and ministry was the emancipation proclamation which set free all women and for all time; no more was man to look upon woman as his spiritual inferior. This was a decided shock to even the twelve apostles. Notwithstanding they had many times heard the Master say that “in the kingdom of heaven there is neither rich nor poor, free nor bond, male nor female, all are equally the sons and daughters of God,” they were literally stunned when he proposed formally to commission these ten women as religious teachers and even to permit their traveling about with them. The whole country was stirred up by this proceeding, the enemies of Jesus making great capital out of this move, but everywhere the women believers in the good news stood stanchly behind their chosen sisters and voiced no uncertain approval of this tardy acknowledgment of woman’s place in religious work. And this liberation of women, giving them due recognition, was practiced by the apostles immediately after the Master’s departure, albeit they fell back to the olden customs in subsequent generations. Throughout the early days of the Christian church women teachers and ministers were called deaconesses and were accorded general recognition. But Paul, despite the fact that he conceded all this in theory, never really incorporated it into his own attitude and personally found it difficult to carry out in practice.

edit on 26-7-2011 by MachiventaMelchizedek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

How about the son the father and the Holy Ghost. Based on 3 Egyptian gods.
Horus hawthorn and Isis. Isis is a female, there for; the Holy Ghost.
They strayed from the original message of Jesus and tried to keep woman out of the righting.
And when they had to include other religious ideas they tried to suppress women there too

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NEMOats
A better reason is that the document was seriously doubted as authentic:

1. It is not cited by any other apostles and unknown to many of the original apostolic churches when the canon was established.

2. It is Gnostic in its nature and message, hence not Christian.

If there is any conspiracy here, it was that Book of Mary was forged by Gnostics to lay credence to their very unapostolic views. Stranger things have happened in mankind's religions....just look around.

edit on 26-7-2011 by NEMOats because: bad choice of a word

But more importantly, the codex preserves the most complete surviving fragment of the Gospel of Mary (as the text is named in the manuscript, though it is clear this named Mary is the person we call Mary of Magdala). Two other small fragments of the Gospel of Mary from separate Greek editions were later unearthed in archaeological excavations at Oxyrhynchus in lower Egypt. (Fragments of the Gospel of Thomas were also found at this ancient site; see the Oxyrhynchus and Gospel of Thomas page for more information about Oxyrhynchus.) Finding three fragments of a text of this antiquity is extremely unusual, and it is thus evidenced that the Gospel of Mary was well distributed in early Christian times and existed in both an original Greek and a Coptic language translation.

So apparently there is evidence this gospel was loved by many. We also know that Constatine enjoyed cherry picking the NT cannon and changed the shape of Chrisanity to a distorted mirror image.

There are sixty-six books commonly accepted as divinely inspired Word of God. Origen (c. 185-254), a prolific early Christian writer, noted a commonly accepted list of 27 New Testament books, indicating that by the second or third century, the New Testament canon was established (McGarvey, 1974, 1:66). There are many other books, beside the New Testament canon, that are considered inspired by some scholars, but not all (Smith, 2003, p. 1). Some claim that Bible is complete for the spiritual needs of Christians (2 Timothy 3:16-17; Luke 21:33; John 12:48). From Yahoo ask, not sure who they are though lol

EXTERNAL TEXT:
Ehrman reserves most of his scrutiny for the writings of Paul, which make up the bulk of the New Testament. He says that only about half of the New Testament letters attributed to Paul – 7 of 13 – were actually written by him.

Paul’s remaining books are forgeries, Ehrman says. His proof: inconsistencies in the language, choice of words and blatant contradiction in doctrine.

For example, Ehrman says the book of Ephesians doesn’t conform to Paul’s distinctive Greek writing style. He says Paul wrote in short, pointed sentences while Ephesians is full of long Greek sentences (the opening sentence of thanksgiving in Ephesians unfurls a sentence that winds through 12 verses, he says).

Bible scholar claims.....LINK

As always research it for you're self. After I put what Paul said up against what Jesus has said it doesnt line up.
Paul tends to contradict Jesus quite a bit. Where the verses from Mary seem to be in Harmony with the 1st 4 books of the NT.

But anything worth haveing entails work.....So if you wish to find it you must seek it.

LOTZA LUV 2 U ALL

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

The link to the gospel was the thing that said Link just press it.

[url=http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/index.html]Early Christian writters LINK HERE

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ultimately it is all a bunch of crap.

Some good basic rules to live by but not something you should devote your entire life to.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

Because Mary was not a prostitute, as a pope proclaimed a few centuries ago out of hatred, making it mainstream knowledge, but she was instead Jesus' wife and a favorite among the apostles. That knowledge would be catastrophic to the church it seems so naturally is suppressed.

On the other hand, it is not just the Catholicism that's the culprit. I don't see the gospel of Mary, nor of Thomas or Judas, among others, being used in anyone's Bible. The Orthodox don't use it, the Baptist, Presbyterians... no one. This knowledge is suppressed by all Christianity, not just one faction.

To me, this is just another example of the fallacy of Christianity - the censorship of what is claimed to be the word of God. On one hand people are looking for secret mathematical formulae within the Bible, claiming it to be divine writing and without fault, and on the other hand we've got centuries of mere humans editing and scavenging the "divine writing" as they see fit. In the end, it is nothing more than the most edited book in the history of the world, custom fit to help those in power remain there.

Khar

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Even if that is true. It gives you Faith which inturn is a very powerfull gift.
Faith alone can improve a persons very quality of life. Not only this, if you wish to believe in the words.
It gives you an ultimate being who created everything but takes time out just to listen to you.
Even when you're very own love ones ignore you.
A sence of reason and belonging in you're life. Which by being humans we deeply crave.
It can even lend you the strength of our ancestor's in our very time of need.

Yes we have people who decide to distort these very princeable's and turn them into weapons of hate.
But should we be judged equaly to a mad man that kill's in GODS name. Because they decided they are above the very thing the book teach's.

You may not believe in it on you're consious level. But the very spirit of it is written in you're heart.
How do I know this. Do you just walk by and let someone beat a child with a baseball bat.
We are all spiritual brothers and sisters weather we accept it or not.

LOTZA LUV 2 U

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yes, beautiful truth, the spirit of God is within you, it is not within a church or in a pope. The spirit is with each and everyone always. Great to hear this from the original Christianity.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau

Faith alone can improve a persons very quality of life. Not only this, if you wish to believe in the words.
It gives you an ultimate being who created everything but takes time out just to listen to you.
A sence of reason and belonging in you're life. Which by being humans we deeply crave.

Yes we have people who decide to distort these very princeable's and turn them into weapons of hate.
But should we be judged equaly to a mad man that kill's in GODS name. Because they decided they are above the very thing the book teach's.

You may not believe in it on you're consious level. But the very spirit of it is written in you're heart.
How do I know this. Do you just walk by and let someone beat a child with a baseball bat.

LOTZA LUV 2 U

Nonsense....we all have morals and they are not granted by a sky fairy.

Your religion was not around 50,000 years ago....yet society got by and we evolved into what we are today.

I dont need an imaginary friend to tell me whats right and wrong. I dont believe in God....you may have noticed lol...if everyone were to murder then we would no longer be a species on this rock.

Not beating a child with a bat everytime you walk past them is a stupid example. If you didnt believe in god do you think you would go round beating small children with bats?? Or murdering whoever you wanted?? Dont be SILLY.

So whats stopping me from murdering every child i see?? I dont fear god, i dont believe in god, and im almost certain.....no i am certain.....anything i do here and now will not effect me when im dead.

Its a social construct, nothing to do with a God.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mividau

There's so many different Gospels and so many of them were written WAY after Jesus supposedly lived and died. How anyone can assume that these are the words of Christ is beyond me but I digress. Unfortunately the Apostle Paul's books are typically earlier than any manuscripts of the Gospels and Paul will not suffer a woman to teach. Christianity on the whole has a negative view of women, I mean its all over the scriptures and in their doctrines. Women are to be silent in church, stoned to death in their not virgins on their wedding night (Deuteronomy), they're responsible for the Fall of Man, and if you sell your daughter as a slave she is not to go free as male slaves do (that's in Exodus 21).

The fact is that these Gospels aren't considered Biblical canon for one reason or another so the Catholic Church has nothing to gain from them coming to prominence. I don't think it has much to do with Jesus claim that no extra rules should be added to what he says, most Christians I've come in contact with make no serious attempt to follow what Jesus says anyway and my guess is the Church is no exception on an official level.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
reply to post by Mividau

To me, this is just another example of the fallacy of Christianity - the censorship of what is claimed to be the word of God. On one hand people are looking for secret mathematical formulae within the Bible, claiming it to be divine writing and without fault, and on the other hand we've got centuries of mere humans editing and scavenging the "divine writing" as they see fit. In the end, it is nothing more than the most edited book in the history of the world, custom fit to help those in power remain there.

Khar

You my friend have hit the nail right on the head. Anything that went against the blue print of the church was out.
Not just the mother church but all church's because they all fallow the same basic blue print. Which then the question becomes what was this blue print. Pagan God Worship.

They distorted the true church by trying to fit it into their lil box. Which was completely against what Jesus taught. And now since they cherry picked and edited so much and even added forgeries. You must go on a spiritual pilrimege to find the truth.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I didnt mean to offend you by saying you had a good heart. (Not saying u dont now either)
My question to you becomes why would you come to a spiritual/religious thread if you dont believe in it?
I do not visit the reptilian thread becuse I do not believe in it.
I chose to leave them in peace rather then critize them because I do not share their view points.

All I was trying to say was the moral code was written in you're heart as everyone else.
Weather that came from GOD or not is up to you to decide.
But my question becomes who put it into the earliest ancestors hearts who decided it was wrong??

LOTZA LUV 2 U

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau

LOTZA LUV 2 U

Let me clarify my statement because it was pretty harsh.

I want to believe that there is a higher power who kick-started this whole thing. I want to believe that when I die something about me, my spirit or what have you, carries on. I do believe in the possibility of this but I also believe that we as humans have little to no understanding of it.

I do not believe that Christianity is the one true and only possible religion.

That being said, I do not have to have faith or hope that these things are true to live a full-filling life during my time on this planet. But I do care about my fellow man, his well being and the prosperity of others so as long as they are willing to work for it.

The best thing out of the Bible in my opinion is The Golden Rule, even though it is not exclusive to the Bible.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join