It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Making monsters...

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
www.newsdaily.com...

Personally, I don't see how injecting human genes into an animal is useful. In fact, I think it's hideous and just not meant to be.


TextWhile humanizing animals in the name of medical research offers valuable insights into the way human bodies work and diseases develop, clear regulations are needed to make sure humanization of animals is carefully controlled.


Carefully controlled? How does one control something when they have no idea what the outcome might be?

Control over things like this is an illusion. Humans are humans and animals are animals, period.

What does everyone else think?




posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Nature places all the beings on this planet for us, we shouldn't have to 'modify' what we eat, how we eat it. Wonder why obesity is through the roof? diabetes? cancer?

The food they make us eat is terrible, and now thats all we need is some GM pigs and cows, or did they already do that.. Breast milk produced in cows, sold to grocery stores as baby milk?

Leave nature alone, its perfect enough as it is. Learn how to use it right rather than mutating it.



posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl
 


That is a real can of worms to be opened there. Consider this, we pride ourselves of being the most intelligent species on this planet. Now, by tampering with Human DNA and subjecting that to an animal, bearing in mind what type of animal could lead to disasterous results.

Also, if this was to happen to say, a primate or a dolphin you could in effect up the stakes in the evolution ladder.


This is very dangerous for ALL involved and hope it is pursued no further.

Remember Planet of the Apes? And the the new Rise of the Apes?

One day we will have our backsides kicked......and kicked hard.



posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
My thoughts exactly!

It's digusting that we try to manipulate animals and other things for our own selfish purposes.
Medical schmedial!



posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Necro69uk
reply to post by Skorpiogurl
 


That is a real can of worms to be opened there. Consider this, we pride ourselves of being the most intelligent species on this planet. Now, by tampering with Human DNA and subjecting that to an animal, bearing in mind what type of animal could lead to disasterous results.

Also, if this was to happen to say, a primate or a dolphin you could in effect up the stakes in the evolution ladder.


This is very dangerous for ALL involved and hope it is pursued no further.

Remember Planet of the Apes? And the the new Rise of the Apes?

One day we will have our backsides kicked......and kicked hard.


And if that day should come, we will deserve it!

Also, I am not extremely religious but I'm not in charge of creating some sort of life that doesn't exist in the first place either. It's just plain wrong in my opinion.



posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
www.horsetalk.co.nz...


news.nationalgeographic.com...


www.experienceproject.com...


www.physorg.com...


search.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0oG7miasC5O.yQAuANXNyoA;_ylc=X1MDUCMyNzY2Njc5BF9yAzIEYW8DMQRjc3JjcHZpZANLMGFnRUVvRzd2N0Z3QzBQVGFhQ1BRYjlSMFROYkU0 dXNKb0FDOWFuBGZyA3NsdjgtbXNncgRmcjIDc2J0bgRuX2dwcwMxMARvcmlnaW4Dc3JwBHF1ZXJ5A2dsb3dpbmcgYW5pbWFscwRzYW8DMQR2dGVzdGlkA1ZJUDA3Nw--?p=glowing+animals&fr2 =sb-top&fr=slv8-msgr&type_param=


www.fda.gov...


www.geneticsandsociety.org...


dsc.discovery.com...



Some links for research.



posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl
 


I wonder how long before we find ourselves modifying our own genes.
I don't see any good coming out of this, nature needs to be left alone to do it's duty.



posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl
 


Also this would lead to the creation of some sort of Sub Human or Hybrid that would not be accepted by either side.

The first mutants? But, who knows if this has happened already?

Experimentation is rife if you research it. And it goes way, way back.
Man will always stick his nose into areas that are dangerous, it's his nature.

But, one day his creation may well bite that nose off.
This is very scary stuff.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Necro69uk because: Mistake corrected.



posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I am sure this has already happened and has most likely been happening for a long time. I have no proof to back that up but... usually rules, regs and protocols are established based on the outcome, not the idea. Like I said, how can they predict an outcome? They can't even predict the weather! Nature is volatile.

I would like to hear from someone who is Pro-animal-humanization.

Years ago my dad did a job at the Center of Human Genetics in Cambridge, MA. He said he was walking down a hallway when a scientist came running past him, the scientist stopped, kneeled down and placed a piece of tape over a bug that was scurrying around the hallway. He picked it up with tweezers and put it in a bag, walked away. Like something from a SciFi movie! I thought that was interesting



posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I would imagine that creating some kind of monster that breaks out of a lab and runs riot isn't very likely. I just can't see scientists sitting back and watching something grow out of their control.

What does scare me however, is if the findings from these projects find their way into our food. I'm all for GM crops if we have the choice between those or organic, and I believe that GM is a good thing for poor countries where farming conditions are harsh. I think playing with the DNA of animals for food is very dangerous though. There's simply not enough evidence around on what it could do to us in a few years time.

I have been concerned about genes and hormones when it comes to food for some years. Has anyone noticed the incredible difference between the 11 year old children of today and those from two or three decades ago? Girls especially seem to be developing into adults younger and younger.

I don't believe that this is simply down to a better diet.



posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by luckythirteen
I would imagine that creating some kind of monster that breaks out of a lab and runs riot isn't very likely. I just can't see scientists sitting back and watching something grow out of their control.

What does scare me however, is if the findings from these projects find their way into our food. I'm all for GM crops if we have the choice between those or organic, and I believe that GM is a good thing for poor countries where farming conditions are harsh. I think playing with the DNA of animals for food is very dangerous though. There's simply not enough evidence around on what it could do to us in a few years time.

I have been concerned about genes and hormones when it comes to food for some years. Has anyone noticed the incredible difference between the 11 year old children of today and those from two or three decades ago? Girls especially seem to be developing into adults younger and younger.

I don't believe that this is simply down to a better diet.


I totally agree and am also concerned about what goes into our food.

But when you say you can't see scientists sitting back and watching something grow out of their control... My thought on that is it may not come down to "their" control. I think a lot of this type of research, testing and experimentation is fuled by greed and power. And sometimes things happen so quickly by the time you figure out that it's out of your control, it's too late.



posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
I totally agree and am also concerned about what goes into our food.

But when you say you can't see scientists sitting back and watching something grow out of their control... My thought on that is it may not come down to "their" control. I think a lot of this type of research, testing and experimentation is fuled by greed and power. And sometimes things happen so quickly by the time you figure out that it's out of your control, it's too late.


Maybe I need to read further into how such studies are worked on, but I would assume they would make a minute progression and research the findings fully before taking it to the next stage. I am talking about petri dish type experiments here though. I suppose none of us really know the consequences of a slight change to an animals DNA, and maybe intelligent animals could overtake our intelligence and understanding.

I know that there are very strict regulations in place to prevent such things, but it doesn't account for rogue scientists and projects. After all, how have so many diseases and viruses affected huge populations?
It certainly makes for interesting research!



posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This sounds like Earth version of "tree of knowledge" only its using Human Dna on the un aware
Oh the IRONY.




top topics



 
3

log in

join