It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Focus is now on Homegrown Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I was just watching CNN and they had a segment where they were interviewing someone about how the Norway situation shows that we could have an issue with "Homegrown Domestic Terrorists".

Don't get me wrong, the Norway situation was terrible, but I just have a feeling that this will be used to "protect us" by implementing even more control.

Here's the video clip:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I really believe this has been the goal the entire time.

All of the post 9-11 laws are geared toward this end.

Makes you wonder if they are waiting for events to justify these moves, or are these events being created along a pre-planned time line to move us fully into a police state.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Backslider

Obama's former chief of staff once said

Never let a serious crisis go to waste and what I mean by that is it’s an opportunity to do things you couldn’t do before

Link

I think it could be both. In this situation, people are blinded by their emotions and some might take advantage of it. Yet I haven't ruled out the possibility that some "tragedies" could be deliberate, or at the very least been ignored instead of taking action against it.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

This country is so divided and people are getting more and more hateful to one another. I see it. I have to hear it everyday from my father in law about how bad side x is screwing side z. We've always had political division, but I never remember it being this hateful. I expect my four year old niece to act that way, but a 70 year old man?

A lot of people seem to have a hairline trigger right now. They can be pushed or pulled into almost anything. The worst part is they don't even know how they're being manipulated, no driven to this boiling point.

All it will take is one incident and someone will go off. Then we all suffer, even if it's just one lone lunatic with a gun.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
More fearmongering from msm, with the sole aim of implementing draconian laws.. It's been happening for a long time now.. And we are slowly being herded like sheep, we are also becoming desensitized to being controlled..

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

A 70 year old man has seen alot of life with two generations he saw before him and three more spout up after him. Whatever he tells you, he will be pretty much on the mark. He knows alot more than any of you youngsters.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Well the thing with stuff like this is that it happens so rarely that it's a big deal when it actually does occur. It's like how people were (and still are) scared to fly after 9/11. It's illogical. If you look at the odds of dying in a plane crash, you are roughly 5 times more likely to be struck and killed by lightening. You are also 100,000 times more likely to die in a car crash.

Source:
www.informationisbeautiful.net...
www.planecrashinfo.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
People were starting to get sick for all of these protections. Look at the backlash to the TSA screenings. It was a decade since 9-11 and I guess they needed something to get people all worked up again.

So the next time TSA wants to look at you naked or puts hands down the pants of a child, the Norway tragedy can be pointed out. After all, this guy was not a Muslim, so they now can point to "real" past threats.

Another benefit is now people who are critical of the government are now "dangerous" to others.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

A 70 year old man has seen alot of life with two generations he saw before him and three more spout up after him. Whatever he tells you, he will be pretty much on the mark. He knows alot more than any of you youngsters.

Or that same 70 year old man has lost his patience for finding out the balanced truth and joins the opinion of his news channel...

Age does not equal intelligence.
edit on 25-7-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by derst1988

Or that same 70 year old man has lost his patience for finding out the balanced truth and joins the opinion of his news channel...

Age does not equal intelligence.
edit on 25-7-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

You are correct. He listens to Fox News 24/7. The only time he doesn't is for Nascar races and TN Volunteer football. It drives my (more moderate) mother in law crazy. She actually thought about cancelling cable once.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Do they ever give a reason as to "WHY?" these supposed homegrown terrorists are all of a sudden showing up? What purpose do they have? at least the Radical Muslims (according to the msm and tptb and what not) wanted to kill US because of our "freedoms"

Why don't they acknowledge the fact that they are the ones creating these terrorists [directly or indirectly]?

edit on 25-7-2011 by Majestic Lumen because: Must have hit the wrong button

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

A 70 year old with a whole lot of life experience beats an intelligent kid without life experience 100 fold. It is the 70 year old that has watched society change from having no TV to B/W TV to colour TV to the plasmas and 3D. He knows life without technology to having the telex machine, fax machine to email. He saw the great depression, the end of WW2 to Vietnam, Burma and Korea. He's worked hard all his life, probably from the age of 12 or 14 dropped out of school and worked 55 years of his life. The new generation does'nt even know what real work is and expects everything handed to them on a gold platter while they deem themselves "academic" and "intellects" when in fact they don't know sh*t from a shoval and thinks the world owes them something.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Obama said half the country is HIS enemy....

So yes...CNN is correct. The Federal Government considered half of America "Domestic Terrorists".....all those dang readers of the papers that created this Republic.....

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Just is probably just a slip-up, but CNN just said "BEFORE the attack on Norway, we posted the manifesto online..." Now like I said, it's probably a slip of the mouth, but it makes you wonder...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I read a good part of it last night. After reading half of it, I was'nt going to read the rest. Gives you a much better insight in to what the Norwegians are dealing with.
edit on 25-7-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Lemme guess, utter craziness?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Fear is being used to manipulate people. We are all scared, we wouldn't be human if we weren't , but we HAVE a choice. We can choose to embrace fear, go with it, let it dictate our actions and behavior or not.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

A 70 year old with a whole lot of life experience beats an intelligent kid without life experience 100 fold.

That is a circumstantial point. I have met some incredibly ignorant old people and I have met some eloquently intelligent old people as well.

It is the 70 year old that has watched society change from having no TV to B/W TV to colour TV to the plasmas and 3D. He knows life without technology to having the telex machine, fax machine to email.

These are all more reason why he would not know what is going on. When one doesn't have the capability, or desire, to scrounge the internet for the truth, they settle for the comfy ideas of Main stream media, and henceforth ignorant.

He saw the great depression, the end of WW2 to Vietnam, Burma and Korea.

And that truly is a testament to his determination to soldier on, but it by no means signifies his ability to be correct now.

He's worked hard all his life, probably from the age of 12 or 14 dropped out of school and worked 55 years of his life. The new generation does'nt even know what real work is and expects everything handed to them on a gold platter while they deem themselves "academic" and "intellects" when in fact they don't know sh*t from a shoval and thinks the world owes them something.

This is where your post becomes illogical. Or rather, tainted by perception. Are there youngsters who demand everything be handed them on a platter? Of course. Were there ones back then too? Of course. ( i would hope you dont need proof) Some people grow up and some people choose too stay children. Im in my early 20's and i work hard and have since I was in high school. I balanced 2 jobs and high school actually. I pay for the things I own, and hold respect to my property as well as others. I work full time as well as go to college till 9 at night 4 nights a week. Do not generalize, for you seem like one who rambles on a whim and without much of a true understanding. Your use of certain key words also shows the lack of being impartial, and quite frankly ignorance.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Hmmmmm, raise your flag once you have worked fulltime for 30+ straight years and only then I'll salute you for all your hard work.

In the mean time, cudos to you...keep it up

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Hmmmmm, raise your flag once you have worked fulltime for 30+ straight years and only then I'll salute you for all your hard work.

In the mean time, cudos to you...keep it up

Your argument that one who works longer, due to longer time available to work, is somehow better is simply sad. Always try to remember, its not how much time you've had, its what you've done with your time. Please stop giving me reasons to shake my head.

new topics

top topics

join