It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual UFO in Brazil -July 2011 Crazy Video...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Zoomed in and slowed down...

What the hell is this?

It looks like a carnival ride at night but up in the sky. This is a crazy video...

Massive sighting viewed by many, looks like nothing that I have ever seen before and I do not think this could be any sort of plane that I have seen.

I wonder if the object is actually rotating or if it is just changing it's lights, creating the illusion of spinning.

Well, if this is fake there are a lot of people in on it, and if it's real it's a damn good video, because I'm stumped.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
My thoughts would be that the editing manipulation here is too extreme to make a well informed decision.

Sadly nothing in either video says to me this object is "in the sky". I would prefer to see a clip where the camera focuses on someone in the so-called crowd and then pans up to look at the object. Any kind of reference point is needed really.

Not saying it didn't happen or isn't real - I'm just saying the ways the video present it, in this day and age - reeks of fabrication and manipulation to me.
edit on 25-7-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Can't be a sombrero can it??

It truly does look... real? I'm not sure what it looks like, UFO or not though I can't see how any faker would make a UFO look like that.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Im going to make a guess and say its probably some kind of LED RC plane or helicopter like this..

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
yeh, cos thats so similar rofl try again lol

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by symogums

Of course its not an exact match. Do you know how easily they can be modified? All someone would have to do is put LEDs on the rotor blades and not on the cabin or tail and you'd have an almost identical match. Maybe you could tell me why the OP video couldnt be an RC craft?
edit on 7/25/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Just military fireflies practicing their precision maneuvers. Nothing to see here move along.

Seriuos very interesting video.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Is there really only 30 seconds of video from this "mass sighting"? Where's the rest? If this is all there is i'm calling shenanagins.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Looks like a powerful laser display against a heavy consistent overcast.

Has a rather interesting effect on your perception if you look closely too. If you look at it long enough its hard to tell if it's spinning clockwise or anti-clockwise!
edit on 25-7-2011 by Nomad451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
We need a translation, for all we know, the news report could have been on a new type of Brazillian LED frizbee. Of course, I'm not trying to diminish the significance of this video if what is shown truly is a UFO.

But let's look for more information before jumping to an conclusion, no? Deny ignorance!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
Im going to make a guess and say its probably some kind of LED RC plane or helicopter like this..

I agree for the 1st video.

The 2nd video looks like a wheel with lights on, travelling down a dark road at night.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
We need a translation, for all we know, the news report could have been on a new type of Brazillian LED frizbee. Of course, I'm not trying to diminish the significance of this video if what is shown truly is a UFO.

But let's look for more information before jumping to an conclusion, no? Deny ignorance!

That would help a bit also.

Anyone speak portuguese?

The news story does seem to insinuate that this is a UFO story though, you know, crazy thing in the sky, people all staring, but, they could be talking about anything.

It was also listed as UFO on YouTube.

Whatever I guess, what we need is a translation...

Pred...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Heres a video with the news report again but there is a a 2nd witness video right after that clip (starts at 1:16).

And when looking through the comments someone speaking portugese gave it a rough translation. here it is.

Hi! i'm from brazil, would like me to translate the whole video? They don't explain what it is, but give an introduction of an undentified object in the biggest city in brazil. The witness are people who are not aware of what is going on, so they keep wondering what it is. Brazil is deeply imersed in illusion, thanks for sharing this video!! Thank you for your time and energy

After seeing the 2nd witness footage I definitely think this is some kind of LED plane/kite/chopper. Who knows

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
It looks like if you look at the 7 or 8 o'clock position that the lights dim or go out even as its rotating. It appears that it may be a helocopter with lights on the rotory blades but that would be a lot of blades on there but if it was from the video's vantage point the 7 or 8 o'clock position where the rotating lights dim or appear to dim might be the rear tail section blocking the rotating lights...looks like something is in the way there.

An RC helocopter or military helo that appears to be stationary and from the vids vantage point the lights dim when they pass in front of what may be the tail section. ? My first observations but looks pretty cool.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

Have you ever remote controled a rc ? if you have then theres no way you can keep that angle of flight for very long, could be a home made hoax buts who can tell in a night shot.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Let's do!

Already posted here www.abovetopsecret.com...

And again here...www.abovetopsecret.com...

Three threads on the same footage probably isn't too much though.
We have about a dozen on the Norway Shooter...the more the Merrier!
Makes it easy to reply when you have many threads about the same thing to pick from.
Really cleans up the board.

Someone speaking Spanish has already translated it on the first link as well.
edit on 25-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well , again , I have built and flown RC helicopters with LED tube lighting and many other RC craft , and there is nothing that I know of in the RC world that could be built to look like this. Not even some kind of balloon in my opinion. It is a very strange video to me.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I found this from the 15th of Feb 2011 in Brazil... some crazy stuff going on down there.

Not sure if the youtube video will work.. so here's the link

www.youtube.com...
edit on 25-7-2011 by budbreath because: fixing video link

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Be aware a lot of these strange lights that have distinct features never seem to display any astounding speeds or changes of direction that defy normal craft. And a short video of a few seconds is another indication of a hoax or stunt. That is you best clue that they are not real UFOs, but something basically conventional and perhaps intended to be mistaken for a genuine UFO.

Tricks come in all manners. In Austin, Texas, there once was a UFO org that was, seemingly, seriously striving to do UFO investigations with their own viewing facility out in the hill country northeast of Austin. One of their telescopic nighttime time-lapse shots was of an apparent alien UFO making a right-angle turn in the sky. It was impressive and attracted a lot of attention for awhile, too much maybe. Under a deep analysis it turned out to be a satellite passing normally overhead while the movement controls of the 'scope were adjusted to appear that the object had made a right-angle turn.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I did do a search beforehand, I searched UFO brazil July. I got no hits. My apologies for posting a duplicate thread but I did look for the story.

Pred...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join