It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian gunman Anders Behring Breivik a 'lone wolf terrorist'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Norwegian gunman Anders Behring Breivik a 'lone wolf terrorist'

www.news.co m.au

SELF-confessed Norwegian mass killer Anders Breivik is an example of a phenomenon known as lone wolf terrorism, an Australian researcher says.

Dr Ramon Spaaij from Melbourne's La Trobe University says lone wolf terrorists carry out attacks independently of established terrorist organisations and most suffer some degree of social ineptitude.

Dr Spaaij has carried out an in-depth study of lone wolf terrorism in 15 countries and found their ideological drivers to be white supremacy, Islamism, nationalism/separatism and anti-abortionism.

Read more: www.news.com.au...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This could have been tacked onto any of the the other threads but it deserves it's own focused discussion.

Clearly the media will drive this event in direction that most benefits TPTB outcome.
The outcome is profiling every single human on the planet for potential threats. The wheels are in motion and thereis not much that anyone can do.

has anyone ever been to dcotor with a depression? Do not have many freinds? Do you look like a lone wolf terrorist?

If you answered yes to tany of the above then chancess are you are going to be on a list somewhere soon.

It is only a matter of time. TPTB are working overtime. There will be a deadline I am sure, it is getting closer

www.news.co m.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Its still too early to declare him a "Lone Wolf".

The whole event is still under investigation and we have no idea what will turn up in the weeks ahead.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

So why are they reporting it? That is the point of the op

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
reply to post by MikeboydUS

So why are they reporting it? That is the point of the op

I would bet the physician wants some attention, though there is always a chance of disinformation.

The media loves their "Lone Gunmen" stories.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Do you look like a lone wolf terrorist?

What does a lone wolf terrorist look like? I would really like to know because I would have never pegged the killer as being a lone wolf terrorist.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
In his mind, he wasn't alone. He was acting alone to protect and lead the way.

Doesn't matter if that's true or not, in his world view, he isn't alone. He "knows" that people are with him.

He's a member, a leader, a revolutionary, a man doing God's Work. He has a permanent friend. But his writings would suggest that his relationship to God is a tad shaky. His world is full of fantasy, if well constructed fantasy.

His theocratic leanings are actually hiding his very shaky belief in God. Overcompensation on overdrive.

The Unabomber was a lone wolf. This man is something else. He's a wolf away from his pack, driving through the snow towards the hunt. Doesn't matter if the rest of the pack is real or not, to him they are.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You almost make him sound romantic, Idealised.

missing the point of the thread .

Oh Well

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

You almost make him sound romantic, Idealised.

missing the point of the thread .

Oh Well

His World is romantic.

I didn't say I agree with it. I merely understand it.

What he isn't is a "lone wolf." Depicting him that way is to refuse to see what he is, and therefore fail to see him again in someone else.

Such an angry man, hiding under God and "logic" that isn't. Too bad. If you fail to see what he is though, you will fail to see that there are other men around like him....just needing a nudge in the wrong direction.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It's been reported as a lone gunman because that is what he confessed to so far.

It looks like from the stories of his writings that there is a small group of like minded people who met a few times scattered about Europe. He admits writing that manifesto was a task given to him in the group so it is also a possibillity that his planned out assault was also a task given to him. He also wrote he was the youngest member. The young ones are always the fall guys.

So lone gunman and part of an organized terror group is what this looks like so far.

If the media tries to stop the story short at only the lone gunman aspect, then it is going to look extremely conspiritorial.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
updated news on the same day.

Green senator already calls for bans to semi auto weapons, quoting Norwegian killings

Norway shooting should force gun law change, says Greens leader Bob Brown Read more: www.news.com.au...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Is it now? The US government blamed Bin Laden in mere hours after the 9/11 attacks

PS: I consider myself a lone wolf, so I resent the entire concept of labelling someone a "lone wolf terrorist". Using this term will only equate lone wolves to terrorism in the perceptions of regular sheeple.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Here's my guess at what happened. Breivik told the Police that he was "acting alone but part of a group." This caused some head-scratching.

But it's crystal-clear to me what he's getting at after I spent five hours yesterday pouring over his text.

He is alone...now. But he expects others to follow him by adapting his "open-source warfare model" and "Self-initiating" themselves into his "Order." The text even outlines a ritual for self-initiation. Like certain other groups in the news recently, he sees his order as open-ended, anonymous, cell-structured. Anyone who wants can join up.

It is true that he claims affiliation with a few others, but I am willing to bet this is not what he really means. I think when he talks of his group he is expressing his future predictions, not present conditions.
edit on 7/25/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Because.

It's news.

And news is money.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Is it now? The US government blamed Bin Laden in mere hours after the 9/11 attacks

PS: I consider myself a lone wolf, so I resent the entire concept of labelling someone a "lone wolf terrorist". Using this term will only equate lone wolves to terrorism in the perceptions of regular sheeple.

EVERYONES a 'lone wolf', but all I see with the bandying round of the 'lone wolf' nametag is to say that everyone is a potential terrorist and must be watched by their family / neighbour / stranger.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
He's claiming to have worked alone, but why would anyone trust anything he says? The timeline speaks differently - the bombing occurred at 2:30 PM local time and the shooting was reported to the police from Utøya at 5:30. He would have needed time to outfit himself and get into position on the island, I just don't see anyone working alone moving that fast.

My first reaction to the "lone wolf" label was that's typical of the media when the shooter turns out to be something other than a Muslim. In other words, if it had been a radical Muslim, then it was the handiwork of all Muslims, all Muslims are terrorists, we should attack a Muslim nation in retaliation. But when the perp turns out to be a Christian, it's a "lone wolf". At the end of the day I think we'll find this guy had a support network.

Edit to update:
Norway judge: Terror suspect mentioned 'two more cells'

edit on 25-7-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Aeons is quite right. If you read a good deal of his manifesto you'll understand Aeons is pretty spot on.

If this guy had planned this twin attack over 9 years, he held quite a grudge towards his parents after they separated, more so towards his father. Thats where his problems started.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Whether he had a support network or not, fact is he did work alone. He planned this for 9 years, he was quite articulate and did his homework thoroughly. Between the first and second attack was 2 hours; thats more than long enough to drive to the island (approx 30km), get dressed up if he was'nt already from the first attack, boat to the shore of the island and start shooting everyone.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
A lone wolf terrorist in the same sense Timothy McVeigh (1968-2001) was a lone-wolf terrorist.

Something was definitely fishy to me from the very beginning the Oslo and Utoya attacks.

They all exhibited the hallmarks of a false flag terror attack.

So ABB is the Norwegian McVeigh, the new patsy.

There are a number of reasons why Norway was targeted for a false flag terror attack:

1. Norway was not an EU member nation
  2. Norway had fairly liberal gun laws, though nowhere near as that of the 2nd Amendment
  3. Norway was planning to withdraw from combat operations in the illegal war for oil and banking with Libya from August 1
  4. Norway was intending to vote for Palestinian statehood

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon
A lone wolf terrorist in the same sense Timothy McVeigh (1968-2001) was a lone-wolf terrorist.

Something was definitely fishy to me from the very beginning the Oslo and Utoya attacks.

They all exhibited the hallmarks of a false flag terror attack.

So ABB is the Norwegian McVeigh, the new patsy.

There are a number of reasons why Norway was targeted for a false flag terror attack:

1. Norway was not an EU member nation
  2. Norway had fairly liberal gun laws, though nowhere near as that of the 2nd Amendment
  3. Norway was planning to withdraw from combat operations in the illegal war for oil and banking with Libya from August 1
  4. Norway was intending to vote for Palestinian statehood

What do you think?

You forgot a very obvious point that negates your whole theory.
This guy and his parents lived in Norway. He planned and lived it out in the only place he could blend in.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join