It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything you can imagine exists.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
In this thread I'd like to share some perspectives with you all.
Please keep an open mind and consider to speculate.

[color=palegreen]->By simple logic ,anything you can imagine exists ,
because otherwise you would not be able to imagine it or think it.

Thus ,everything you can imagine exists right now ,even if you cannot see it physically.

If by imagination you can see the way to that which you can imagine
but not see physically right now ,you can eventually see that very thing you imagined.

Paradoxes and anomalies exist which ,when in becoming physical create a sort of magic.

We might not always have a complete sensing of a given perception.
There are plenty of illusions which generally distort the current human brain interpretation.

Now think about that.. Does your mind ever go blank or are you thinking of it being blank?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystic Technician

Our imaginations do not take primacy or any level of control over reality. Imagining something doesn't make it real, and saying so isn't logical, the idea defies logic. We can imagine things which are illogical, irrational, random, and weird. Take God for instance, most God concepts violate logic and it doesn't take a genius to see that every God ever conceived of cannot all exist.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
->By simple logic ,anything you can imagine exists ,

What kind of logic is this? I can imagine blowing a kangaroo out of my nose.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Our imaginations do not take primacy or any level of control over reality. Imagining something doesn't make it real, and saying so isn't logical, the idea defies logic. We can imagine things which are illogical, irrational, random, and weird. Take God for instance, most God concepts violate logic and it doesn't take a genius to see that every God ever conceived of cannot all exist.

How does the idea of having an idea of something defy logic? How do you define reality? What is real?

Imagining a thing means that the thing exists. Otherwise there would be no such thing to think of.

In what way may it exist? The ideas may seemingly eventually result in paradoxes ,
but paradoxes may actually be misinterpretations of the mind.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

How do you define reality?

Personally I'd say in order for something to be part of reality it needs to exist regardless of whether there is a mind to perceive it. In other words objectively real things exist, flights of fancy in your head exist only in the form of thoughts (electrical signals in the mind) and beyond that they don't exist.

Imagining a thing means that the thing exists. Otherwise there would be no such thing to think of.

This is complete nonsense. Let's say for sake of argument you are right, this means I can imagine a Universe where you are wrong. Or I can imagine TWO Gods that are all powerful, one good and one evil. Does this mean they suddenly exist? What if I imagine I have a tentacle growing out of my back? The idea that the ability to imagine anything means EVERYTHING imagined must necessarily exist is utter nonsense.

It's similar to the Highest Conceived Being argument for God wherein those making the argument attempt to claim because we can conceive of a perfect being a perfect being must necessarily exist... but that isn't true. We human beings can and have, for thousands of years, conceived of a great many things that do not exist outside our minds, myths, and fictional stories.

Unless you want to be a solipsist or say you're in an inception like dream where you're creating and perceiving reality simultaneously with your mind.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You are right. A great law is: You cannot create what you cannot perceive.

Everything in this world as no limit. On the physical term, the law above is right. On the other hand, it cannot be true. If you think and have an idea, it is because of another idea or an influence of some type (person, object, environment etc...). Do the test. Try to think of something that is purely new, that has no relation whatsoever with in this world? You will fail. This is focusing your thoughts on the physical. Like everybody does....

Now, do the same test but on things you cannot see... you'll find the key
Now you will tell me, i am a moron... things i cannot see, i just need to imagine a table where there is no table, then it should appear?? no. It will not appear as your thoughts are still focusing on the physical.

Another great law is: To see something which is not there, gaze on what is.

Can you have a thoughts without the physical part in it?
If you can... Then magic will be available for you, as you will be able to "FEEL" your environment, FEEL your thoughts.... FEEL the energy all around you... inside you, FEEL the others... can you do that without thinking in a physical way?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
->By simple logic ,anything you can imagine exists ,

What kind of logic is this? I can imagine blowing a kangaroo.

What kind of sick imagination is this?

I am going to have to imagine away that burnt-in image.
Quicksmart.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I like these irrational ideas which sprout from the rational ideas.
Both exist simultaneously. Both views are valid depending on perspectives.

[color=palegreen]->Reality is a limitation on existence. The limitations may vary greatly.
Within certain limitations a collective experience is indeed shared.

People say "Time to get back to reality" and "Get real" ,
thus limiting their options and ways of thinking.

We each have our own limitations and our own reality perceptions.

I shall now digress ,if this topic is to subside ,then be that as it may.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

OP,

Yes,

I believe that answers everything

Love

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Really, should all have ended that after the quote. OP included.

Job done

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I imagine an all encompassing reality where what you are saying is wrong in the infinite dimensions of that One and only reality.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Star and flag! If for no other reason then to get it out there. These are the laws governed by the Universe and all. We as humans have the ability to do anything. Really.... Anything! You just have to put your mind to it. Not your brain. These are two completely different entities. Everything is constant and ever moving. With different plains as a sort of divider between realities. We are living many lives at the same time.

My question is this: Are the thoughts and images that are displayed in ones mind only happen because of thoughts and images projected by these others plains of existence that have already occurred or that are going to occur?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I get what you are trying to say (I think) but please leave "logic" out of it. You have committed a logical error called a "non sequitur."

What you are saying is a matter of faith or belief, not logic. Nothing wrong with that

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
My Grandma used to say the same thing..
Out there in all of the Stars and all of the Galaxys ..any animal ..be it a dragon or a unicorn..or a rabbit with horns.somewhere it exists ..out there ..Anything is possible..
This does not mean here on Earth..it means ..Somewhere out in the vastness of the Stars
edit on 24-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
hmmm, I imagined or once had a dream where in a different reality I'm lying on some type of hospital bed and this entire universe all of you are aware of I created in my mind. In another dream I was omnipotent and omniscient except I found that extremely boring. I vastly limited my powers and put myself in human form and then I finally woke up from a dream it seemed I was stuck in one morning. Just think we could all exist because some super powerful entity got bored. We are entertainment. Now if this could be the truth in some reality, you guys are really screwed if I wake up or remember. Maybe, maybe not, I'm generally a nice guy so I might just heal everyone and prevent people from staying injured and put all health care workers out of a job. Millions more unemployed. Everyone would physically feel better though if not having a job didn't bother them. For kicks, I might stop people from dying and have their bodies reform if they would have experienced death. I might even make everyone older than 21 be young and healthy again. It would be mass interference in this reality with the natural order. However if all of you are just a figment of my imagination, then if I remember I created all of this, I could change things with a mere thought.

Until proven otherwise, I will believe this reality is real and that my dreams were just my imagination. Although the thoughts I had about being in some kind of matrix like reality where this is the matrix and I'm really just plugged into some kind of machine in the other reality seem a bit creepy.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystic Technician

Hi Mystic,

That logic is correct imho. If you had given some detailed analogy to clarify the logic, perhaps you'd have avoided some wacky but funny posts on here.

Perhaps the idea of 'Parallel Realities', will give a better perception of the logic.

Most of the replies thus far perceive the logic in "Physical" reality perspective.

Let's take the 'kangaroo' example. In physical sense, that would be straight up impossible.

No matter how 'wacky' the example maybe, it is possible, perhaps in a different reality...yes

The point being, whatever that you perceive, more or less exists, but it is merely a perception of the infinite no. of parallel realities that coexist simultaneously.

Anymore wacky ideas...

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I love this topic, it really shows you who can think and who either can't or doesn't think.

Look, the op has it right to an extent. It goes more along these lines.....

If you can think it then its possible. Anything thought can not be expected to exist already as if this was true we would already and should have always been perfectly technologically advanced.

Anything that can be thought can be possible because of two things.
1. The infinite possibility of time can produce an infinite number of possibilities.
2. The human brain is incapable of simulating anything that does not follow physical law. The brain cannot do this because in reality nothing in existence can break the one physical law that every other law is just an offshoot of. Even in the human mind this law cannot be broken.

Oh, this law has not been and probably never will be discovered or mathematically represented.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

Originally posted by Mystic Technician

Hi Mystic,

That logic is correct imho. If you had given some detailed analogy to clarify the logic, perhaps you'd have avoided some wacky but funny posts on here.

Perhaps the idea of 'Parallel Realities', will give a better perception of the logic.

Most of the replies thus far perceive the logic in "Physical" reality perspective.

Let's take the 'kangaroo' example. In physical sense, that would be straight up impossible.

No matter how 'wacky' the example maybe, it is possible, perhaps in a different reality...yes

The point being, whatever that you perceive, more or less exists, but it is merely a perception of the infinite no. of parallel realities that coexist simultaneously.

Anymore wacky ideas...

Peace

Parallel universes are still an untestable hypothesis. Imo, they are improbable compared to this hypothesis.......

Due to infinite time the universe can be reborn at the "end" an infinite number of times. This allows the universe to reform and each time it could be unchanged from the previous or it can be infinitely different from the previous form, and everything in between. So, throughout time every possibility can happen an infinite number of times.

As I said in my last post, there is one law that everything in existence has to follow. If parallel universes existed as they are currently explained we would be able to see the last "shockwave" moving away from us and the next one moving toward us. The shockwave moving toward us would not be visible for very long before it reached us however the shockwave moving away would be total visible and galaxies and matter in its wake would appear as young galaxies but what is actually seen as we look in all directions are older galaxies. If parallel universes existed the galaxies on one side would appear young whereas on the other side they would seem extremely old.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Imagining something doesn't make it real, and saying so isn't logical, the idea defies logic.

Totally wrong. While we can debate about "what is real", fact is that "what is real" is actually a product of our mind/brain. From that point of view, his logic is NOT as far off as you make it sound.

Also..you would be surprised that MANY things we consider part of our reality are actually rooted in emotions and other things which are not "physically" real..nevertheless significant for our perception of reality. How we feel, what we like, love, how we think, what we think, our mood. Saying that the HUMAN is a being solely based off logic is the most ridiculous thing ever - our whole reception of reality can be (is made off) "non logical" things.
edit on 25-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I see how can something be manifested within the mind from nothing? Like how can you know of color red if you didn't have pre knowledge of what a color was. So how can the mind in the imagination manifest/visualize things its never been exposed to or seen, unless exposure has occured in a past, present or future plane or realm of existence. Now bringing these manifestations into the 3d current time plane one would imagine is where the skill comes in so that things aren't just being manifested or created on voided locations. Can it really be based on the power of the aware mind 1 is not sure, but I dont immediately doubt the potentials of the OP. Hence old Story telling and DREAMS or embedded Hollywood ET and DISCLOSURE lol the minds power is amazing when its capabilities are fully known. Old stories of Angels and Demons and what did people dream or relate the unknown in the past to in reference to paranormal. Now new data rewritten on ETERNAL minds ET ALIENS has anyone seen any?
Be well

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join