It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything you can imagine exists.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Yes it does, the word objective answers it. Objective as in the opposite of subjective. If one person observes something to be true it might easily be a hallucination, if everyone on the planet can observe it and they all report the same thing than it's true no matter who's observing it. The Earth is round regardless of opinions and it was still round all those centuries that people thought it was flat.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
these kinda threads really bug me. the world is what you make it, you create your own reality etc.
yeah thats great, but its complete nonsense. sadly i cant disprove it (other than, it doesnt happen, has never happened and will never happen)..

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

And we could all band together and agree we all observe the basis of all matter is creme cheese. Does that make it so?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystic Technician

You are absolutely correct, and its nice to know someone other than myself has come to this exact same conclusion. If you can think it, its already real. Manifesting it in this reality can be a bit trickier, though! But its still quite very REAL, and existent, simply not (possibly "yet") manifest on this plane.

Though as simple as the logic is, most people just cant "get it".

This realization is profound. Congratulations on coming to it. In my personal experience, this, along with timelessness and existential permanence have been the most powerful, shaping concepts Ive ever come to with logic. Most dont agree with my way of thinking, but perhaps youve come to similar conclusions on your own as well, since all three are intrinsically linked.
edit on 28-7-2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I wouldn't say that if you can imagine it, it already exists.

It's more along the lines of, if you can imagine it, you can create it, and I use the term create very broadly.

I'll reference a point brought up on the first page, the ability to sneeze kangaroos out the nose, never going to happen. I mean we could say "What if we created miniature kangaroos in a petri dish, brought one to a person with the cold and put the kangaroo into his nose?" I suppose it's not completely impossible, but to say that is going to happen does indeed defy logic.

But we are humans, with the ability to manipulate the world around us are able to defy logic, that doesn't necessarily mean we are ever going to sneeze kangaroos, or even have small kangaroos that we created in a lab, but this is why I said I use the term broadly.

I imagine a man sneezing a kangaroo, for the sake of imagination it can be a full grown, or even the largest kangaroo ever seen, what is to stop me from going out and creating this using special affects? Nothing, and by doing so I am bringing that thing into existence. Whether it is real or not is beside the point, it is now apart of our reality.

Imagination goes outside the realm of reality, because we use our imagination to create. There are no boundaries, so I disagree with the way the TC thinks, but he's not entirely wrong. He's just blowing things out of proportion.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The key to this is in the definition of "exists."

Your thoughts are something. They may not all manifest in the external world, but you cannot say they don't exist inside your own skull. Your imagination is something you are both doing and experiencing. How can you experience something which in no way exists?

"Reality" is merely an illusion created inside your own skull anyway. Nothing actually exists in the exact way you perceive and believe it to. Everything out there is just patterns of energy being interpreted and arranged by the central nervous system.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Show me a eight headed, green Giraffe

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
There is so much here that we need hundreds of years to delve deeply, and it is not cool that is I were to think of things outside I would have fear to overwhelm my body. We all know that fear will directly hinder us from making a goal. Fear is as bad as hate, anger. That is self-explanatory to provide what I say is to be of faith and hopefully realization. I am not fit to walk or travel in my mind.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

I imagine that the universe is no where near as vast as we think it is, when approached from the right angle.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
let's run a test OP. You imagine that a blow to the head with no protective gear on cannot kill you or send you to the hospital. Ill bash you with a bat and see if what you imagine comes true!

or imagine that you have infinite money in your bank and keep handing it to me to see if it runs out.

either way it will be really fun.. at least for me.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
When I first saw this thread I thought the OP would be something like

"In an infinite universe there are infinite possibilities and infinite chances for any particular situation to exist."

Let down..

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Interesting discussion. I think, someone , in the very beginning of this discussion , "created" a question- "What is reality?" I will rephrase it a little bit for the purposes of this discussion and say-"What is physical reality and what is matter? Does matter really exists?" Perception of the matter begins by means of our senses. Can we , really, trust our senses? I think before, more or less, the common grounds to this question of reality and imagination can be found, questions of existence of matter, existence of physical reality, should be tackled a little bit.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Mystic Technician

Thus ,everything you can imagine exists right now ,even if you cannot see it physically.

I imagine your statement is incorrect.

Or...

I imagine nothing exists.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

poof

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Bedlam

poof

Or, "I imagine this statement is false"

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Actually it was more intended as *poof*
(where did everything go?)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Bedlam

Actually it was more intended as *poof*
(where did everything go?)

Yup, I was just wondering if you could easily state the thing as a Godel-ish paradox.

Who imagines who shaves the barber, if you will. On the order of "I imagine that you can't imagine everything"

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I hate puzzles.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

well I would define exist as our now, our understanding of a physical universe in our developed state. thoughts are complicated but the essence is our way of predicting the future based on physical interaction or our existence since birth and even before

thought is part of us, its predicting based on past. we can only predict the future from the past and act now.
I feel we need to think more on whose thought to follow and how we want to use our thoughts. For example are we slowing ourselves down by listening to old or other thought paths?

we shouldn't waste this chance given to us and being remembered and used for future thought drives us to overlook injustice.

my thought is should we continue to strive and protect the advantages given to us over others or could we learn a new goal for our thoughts? whose path are we on, can we change it and re direct thought or is that impossible or possibly a worse path. I see outcomes to current society and to a changed society that doesn't mean either exists or will its just a prediction that I make my decisions from.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Interesting discussion. I think, someone , in the very beginning of this discussion , "created" a question- "What is reality?" I will rephrase it a little bit for the purposes of this discussion and say-"What is physical reality and what is matter? Does matter really exists?" Perception of the matter begins by means of our senses. Can we , really, trust our senses? I think before, more or less, the common grounds to this question of reality and imagination can be found, questions of existence of matter, existence of physical reality, should be tackled a little bit.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join