It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* 2nd video added 29/10/04 - Automatic Shotgun Videos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
E_T

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
That thing makes killing way too easy. No one needs one of those...it's insane.

That said, it would be awesome in a video game.

Try SoF2, it has USAS... althought I prefer M203 or normal hand grenade for clearing room in multiplayer, and in "outside" levels good practise is to throw frag through window before going inside from door.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So why was there an assault weapon ban in 1994? Did something happen back then?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
1994 was the year after the Branch Davidians of McClennan County, TX, were accused (falsely) of possessing automatic rifles.

The original arrest warrant specified child molestation and possession of machine-guns as the reason for a no-knock warrant. The Federal judge had misgivings about the whole operation, and put the 28th of Feb 93 down as the expiration date of the warrant. ATF served it on the morning of that date.

Reno and Clinton claimed that Rightwing/Anti-govt/Religious groups were amassing stock-piles of machine-guns, and that the assault weapons ban would give the government the power it needed to 'stop' them.

Janet Reno was convinced that anti-government sentiment in Texas was a major problem. She sent a letter to every county sheriff in the state, asking for a list of those citizens who were likely to be 'strict interpreters' of the 2nd ammendment, and likely to respond with violence if they perceived their rights being abbrogated.

A number of Texas sherriffs mailed a copy of their local phonebook to FBI headquarters.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Oh, okay I get it now. Thanks

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
its a Jackhammer. It uses preloaded colour coded magazines.

I prefer the USAS. A South Korean weapon designed for the export market. i first saw one used in Stargate SG1 where the SGC is attaccked by metal spider creatures and the SG1 team rock n roll with USAS shotguns to hold em off...

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
WOW!

That's a classic!

Me and a friend were known as "recoil junkies" due to the guns we used, the loads we used to "tweak" and the amount of rounds we used to go through in an hour period...

...but this runs rings around what we used to do!

Hmmm...I think I'll pay a visit to my metalwork shop and try some experimenting

CJS

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ok so the Jackhammer is actually real? And here I was thinking it was just one of those "concept" guns you only see in movies and video games.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Sh*t duel mount and belt feel that baby, lets say pickup truck or something .

fallout good game good game

[edit on C:Thuocu08e8 by Opus]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
its a Jackhammer. It uses preloaded colour coded magazines.

It is not a Pancor Jackhammer.
The Jackhammer was in bullpup configuration. And it used 10-round cassettes, unreloadable as on the film.

From Max R. Popenker's site:

The feed system consists of the 10 shot, revolver type detachable cylinders, named "Ammo Cassette". The cassette may have 10 chambers for more or less conventional 12 gauge shotgun shells, or may be designed like the "cap and ball" era revolver cylinders. In the latter case, each chamber is factory pre-loaded with powder, primer and a projectiles of one or another type, then hermetically sealed in the plastic film cover. Prior to load the "Ammo Cassette" into the gun, one must remove the plastic sealing and then insert the cassette. When all charges from the cassette are fired, it can be disposed of or sent to the factory for reload.

This doesn't look like one at all...

And it certainly isn't the HK CAWS.

I think I have once seen this gun... But can't remember it's name.

[edit on 21-8-2004 by Johnny]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I knew I have seen this...

Is this the gun?

Designed and built by Maxwell G. Atchisson in 1972. This prototype weapon, which was a handmade, tool-room test platform, it gave birth to an entirely new class of military weapon, the assault shotgun. By using some M16 rifle components, in order to reduce development costs and to facilitate ease of fabrication, the Atchisson has nearly the same dimensions and configuration as the M16 rifle. For maximum effectiveness 00 buckshot should be used, but either #4 buckshot or 1 ounce slug can be used equally well. Of a simple design, its barrel screwed into a long, tubular receiver which housed the bolt and the recoil spring. A Model 1918 BAR trigger mechanism, equipped with a Thompson Submachine Gun pistol grip was used as the trigger assembly.

The 1972 prototype looked like this:

Between the years of 1973 and 1979 Maxwell Atchisson designed an improved version of his 1972 prototype. With many improvements to the original prototype, most visibly being the entire mechanism being closely encased in twin stock halves forming a clamshell arrangement. The production clamshell was made out of glass-reinforced Zytel, the same plastic used on the M16A2 rifle. Production was to be in the US and Korea (by Daewoo). The pre-1984 version was produced to the 1981 design specs, while the 1984 version had some improvements, most notable the addition to mount either an M6 or M7 bayonet (as used on the M16 family of rifles) and the removal of the checker non-slip pattern from the fore-arm of the clamshell. Plans where drawn for an ambidextrous selector lever, to be introduced in a later production model. All production Atchisson's had the ability to launch 22 mm NATO standard rifle grenades, by the inclusion of integral gas check grooves near the muzzle. The square cut gas check grooves can be utilized as mounting surfaces for auxiliary muzzle attachments such as choke tubes, a shot spreader and flash & sound suppressors. There are 2 magazines designed and proven for the Atchisson at the time. The 7 round, single-column, single-feed box magazine and the 20 round assault drum. In Korea a 3rd magazine was under development, being a 10 to 12 round, staggered, double-column, single-feed box magazine. The following figures might represent what a 10 or 12 round fully loaded magazine might have weighted, 10 round magazine: 1.20 kg, 12 round magazine: 1.44 kg.

Future development of the gun resulted in creation of this weapon

USAS-12

[edit on 20-8-2004 by Johnny]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Love that Auto Shotgun!

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Imagine a shotgun like that with a military Flechette shotgun round. Forget a bunch of lead balls in a shotgun round when you can have a bunch of sharp steel projectiles instead.

18.5mm SCMITR Shotgun Flechette"razor"

14 projectiles

''The SCMITR flechette is a simple steel stamping with a bias imparted on the tail section to provide spin for stability. The broad cross section results in a wide wound track, and the round is able to penetrate a standard aramid fiber ballistic vest or steel helmet ar ranges in excess of 500 meters,''

I have seen other versions of military flechette rounds that use many more needle like projectiles rather then the flat ones used in the scmitir

Auto Shotgun + Flechette rounds = deadly close combat weapon

weapons.travellercentral.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
woooo the AA12 automatic assault shotgun, my new fav-o-rite gun. just in time for the end of the assault ban too:
midamericarecreation.com...

id like to see the look on a burglars face if he was lookin down the barrel of one of these bad boys

[edit on 9/11/04 by spangbr]

[edit on 9/11/04 by spangbr]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It wouldn't clear a room as fast as this baby.LOL

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Came across this video of an auto shotty being tested. Anyway 2 guys blow the bejesus out of a car. This gun has a fierce kick to it.

www.colesgunworks.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The gun did some serious damage to the car, and you are right. The thing kicks like a mule. I don't see how you could fire more than 3 round burst.

What's up with them shooting a stuffed lion toy. Isn't shoot through a car and a door good enough? I don't know how this makes the gun look cool.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join