It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Deploying 20,000 Troops In U.S.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Things may start going down hill this week. Stock futures are showing stocks down triple digits due to the debt ceiling plan falling through on Friday. Keep your eye on stocks tomorrow guys as it maybe the indicator to head for high ground.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think whats been missed here is this 20k troop policy has been on the books since 2008. None of the links or info i can find have anything new to add with the exception of a lot of speculation. It appears to me that someone dug up the info to add to the 'Big Picture' which is not exactly a bad thing. However...the links and use of them seem to imply that there is a current mobilization of 20k troops into the public sector in response to the gov't economical issues currently going on. I can't find any supporting info for this, but if someone has a link from a reputable source that shows i am wrong i'd love to see it and would promptly apologize.

On a side note, i live by the Dover AFB and have seen a lot of low altitude flights of the a-10 along with more Helo traffic than usual. As to their purpose i haven't got a clue

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

everything you say is very true
but what would they be looking for?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonweed

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by moonweed
this is some pretty freaky s**t...when me and my gf were out doing some shopping earlier...we spotted an A-10 recon jet flying over our area, from the Selfridge Air National Guard base....which is really close to where we live....those things NEVER fly around here, unless something is going on...i'm thinking they're going to be deploying a lot more than 20,000 troops, if this country comes crashing down

Since when is the A-10 Warthog used as a Reconnaissance aircraft? Why would they use such a rarely seen (over common public areas) aircraft to do "recon"? besides the fact that the A-10 is not equipped for recon.

have a look here:

www.af.mil...

the A-10 Thunderbolt is what has been flying around...not a Warthog, as you call it
edit on 2011/7/24 by moonweed because: (no reason given)

Yes you are correct name for the A-10 is the Thunderbolt, but it is commonly referred to as the warthog due to the sound it primary weapon makes when it is fired.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

An article based on information gathered from RT....

Thats about where I stopped caring....

People seem to becoming more and more paranoid... People need to take the time to do their own research instead of just beleiving whatever shows up on youtube.

Funny how a story sounds when key informaiton is left out of it....

Fear monger much?

Pentagon to Detail Troops to Bolster Domestic Security

Here is the origional article discussing the plan from the Washington Post... What the OP site did was conviently removed the date.

The article is from 2008.

The intent of the troops was to deal with any type of terror attack that involves nuclear, chemical or biological attacks. Contrary to what peope may think any attack that involves any of those 3 automatically makes it federal jurisdiction, regardless of where the attack occurs.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I remember reading about this troop deployment when articles first starting appearing in 2008 ago on the Internet. I have the same questions then that I have now:

Why are we hearing of this being proposed so many years after 9/11? We haven't had a credible terrorist attack since then. The idea that these troops might exist to assist in civil unrest because of large-scale terror attacks is a friggin' joke. During the worst attack on American soil that killed 3,000 people, did we experience civil unrest? No, we didn't.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Because people who are paranoid of the Government need something to use to justify there paranoia. Read my response 1 up.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
i really doubt they are using a-10's for recon
for what purpose?
the govt has us completely mapped out already
no real need for intel

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

At the Ontario Airport. Thats in Ontario California, San Barnardino county...
I seen 4 near a hanger...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I would have took pics, but I didnt think it was a big deal at the time.
I dont know though.
I seen sum flying around here too and a few unmarked grey planes, too. They were circling this area and going back to the ariport. I took pics of that, but you cant tell anything because its dark but i seen them with my binos, they were close to the ground, looking like they were close to the trees...???
They were really low and right when they left the airport the circled right back with in our area!

Hope this makes sence??
edit on 24-7-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yes, and according to the article in your link, the troops are not going to be on duty on a regular basis. They are being trained for emergencies. I think people are visualizing troops being visible on the American streets on a any given day, which is definitely a fear-mongering viewpoint.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
OP, I have to say that, in the future, I hope you use more discretion in the choice of your thread titles. This title is misleading, giving people the impression this is occurring at the moment. It's a sensational headline and we try to avoid this kind of stuff on ATS. There's enough of that crap going on in our media every day as it is.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yes, and according to the article in your link, the troops are not going to be on duty on a regular basis. They are being trained for emergencies. I think people are visualizing troops being visible on the American streets on a any given day, which is definitely a fear-mongering viewpoint.

Did you know that you are on a site called Above Top Secret??
Almost everything here could be considered "fear mongering"
You dont think that we are coming to a serious time where
America seems to be headed downhill? Why wouldnt the
government post troops there??

edit on 24-7-2011 by jaycen420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
This title is misleading, giving people the impression this is occurring at the moment.

The title isn't misleading at all...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Marshal law or Martial law?

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
If this is true, perhaps we are closer to marshal law than we thought.

S N F

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
i really doubt they are using a-10's for recon
for what purpose?
the govt has us completely mapped out already
no real need for intel

How about where the flooding actually is, or how far the strams of refugees actually go - real time stuff like that if something really, really bad happens??

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Just because im on a sight called above top secret.com doesnt mean it gives me the right to purposely leave information out in order to paint a picture that is not accurate.

Its one thing to report a story that has implications to the American people.

Its something else entirely to purposely leave information out by picking and choosing the soures that best fit your agenda.

And as you pointed out, we are on a site called abovetopsecret.com, which means in addition to calling BS on the government, we can call BS when people like you attempt to fear monger by leaving out information from the post.

The assumption by you and some of the others on this site that assumes law enforcement, national guard, state units and active duty federal military units, not to mention law enforcement at all levels,m are going to bldinly follow some typ[e of order for martial law jsut because.....

Time for you and some toher to take your meds.. really... 20k troops are nothing.. The NYPD has over 40k law enforcement, followed by Chicago and Los Angeles.

Posses Commitatus is still very much alive, and a recent inspector general report from 2009, even when military units were requested by local authorities, were found to be in violation of posses commitatus.

Let me repeat that.. An incident occured where local law enforcement requested military assistance. That assistance was authorized by the duty commander. Under local/state law the request was valid and legal.

Under FEderal law, it was determined to violate posse commitatus.

The conspiracy thought process by some is insane... literally.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I hope 20,000 is sufficient to bring civility to
those who may not get their social security/disability
checks next month.

edit on 24-7-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

When the Silver Citizens take to the streets will they be gunned down?
ANd what will they do when the disabled are tossed out of their homes because they can't pay the rent, nor buy food?
This is really an over-the-top ridiculous threat.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Just because im on a sight called above top secret.com doesnt mean it gives me the right to purposely leave information out in order to paint a picture that is not accurate.

Its one thing to report a story that has implications to the American people.

Its something else entirely to purposely leave information out by picking and choosing the soures that best fit your agenda.

And as you pointed out, we are on a site called abovetopsecret.com, which means in addition to calling BS on the government, we can call BS when people like you attempt to fear monger by leaving out information from the post.

And what did i leave out, the article from 2008??
you know its 2011 right??
Yea the same year the RT vid i posted came out.
Ya dont think plans change in 3 years?
All i did was post a video man....
chill out!!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Isn't this what the National Guard is supposed to be for?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join