It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Deploying 20,000 Troops In U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well, people keep calling for the Govt. to protect them from the bad guys and are willing to give up freedoms and rights for it...

Congratulations, you got what you wanted.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420
reply to post by autopat51

maybe the foreign troops thet they were training with??
Operation Vigilant Guard??

Thats what I had in mind. Its been proven that when tthe country in question needs to occupy and use secruity on its own country they use an external army. For example the builderberg meeting was held in Switzerland yet the police that harassing the people were German. its been a tactic throughout history dating back to the Romans and I am sure before that.

link   

Originally posted by jude11
Well, people keep calling for the Govt. to protect them from the bad guys and are willing to give up freedoms and rights for it...

Congratulations, you got what you wanted.

Problem.. reaction.. solution..

link   
Obama stated he was going to be doing this at the beginning of his term for this year.
so for me this is no suprise..
we are due for something catastrophic this fall and they will need the stability to the citizens
at this point it could be anything,
Comet or asteroid
Solar flare of unimaginable size
Complete financial collapse
An earthquake of an unimaginable magnitude
Sounds crazy I know, but wow all the info lately about pending doom is astounding. hey
all things are slated to begin in fall.... got yer pop corn ready?

link   

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonyinawareness

reply to post by autopat51

maybe the foreign troops thet they were training with??
Operation Vigilant Guard??

Thats what I had in mind. Its been proven that when tthe country in question needs to occupy and use secruity on its own country they use an external army. For example the builderberg meeting was held in Switzerland yet the police that harassing the people were German. its been a tactic throughout history dating back to the Romans and I am sure before that.

I think it has something to do with troops from another country would be able to police better cause there are no emotional ties with the country in question.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g

Originally posted by tonyinawareness

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
So, um, isn't this against the Constitution? Also, doesn't this pretty much blatantly show that something is very, very wrong?

What is against the Constitution ? having troops deployed at home? I think not especially when you have the war powers enacted so because your country is in a constant state of emergency a lot more can happen without any say from your congress and you individual rights could be trampled in a min.

I beg to disagree, but the Posse Comitatus strictly forbids the deployment and use of the military on American soil unless it is to defend from invasion or enemy attack;

and to all those that kept poo-pooing the reports of extra troop and military, chalking it all up to national guard training, perhaps some re-thinking is in order...

all I can say is i hope everyone has made at least some basic preparations towards food storage and other basics...

seeker

Posse Comitatus does have an effect if Nato sent in troops along side. Also did you think about how the government could claim any group of revolting and rioting a danger to society and end result military force could be used but as I discussed in the above post I don't think they would want to use the military on you own people its not usual MO.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
this is some pretty freaky ##SNIP##...when me and my gf were out doing some shopping earlier...we spotted an A-10 recon jet flying over our area, from the Selfridge Air National Guard base....which is really close to where we live....those things NEVER fly around here, unless something is going on...i'm thinking they're going to be deploying a lot more than 20,000 troops, if this country comes crashing down
edit on Sun Jul 24 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by moonweed

I got cha on that one.

Ive seen fighter jets parked at the local national airport. As of late

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

really? military jets at a civilian airport?
where did you see this?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6
reply to post by moonweed

I got cha on that one.

Ive seen fighter jets parked at the local national airport. As of late

Pics or it didnt happen!!
LOL jokes....
But seriously i have been
hearing of troop movements
all across the states. they are
preparing for something big to
happen soon i bet

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

i will agree with the first one...but the other 2 are from 2008 and they were just saying the plans for it...and i think with an economic collapse looming we should be looking at this again

I find the timing of this "alleged" deployment interesting if it is true. Says more about who orchestrated the economic collapse than anything, in my opinion,

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Double post
edit on 24-7-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonweed
this is some pretty freaky s**t...when me and my gf were out doing some shopping earlier...we spotted an A-10 recon jet flying over our area, from the Selfridge Air National Guard base....which is really close to where we live....those things NEVER fly around here, unless something is going on...i'm thinking they're going to be deploying a lot more than 20,000 troops, if this country comes crashing down

Since when is the A-10 Warthog used as a Reconnaissance aircraft? Why would they use such a rarely seen (over common public areas) aircraft to do "recon"? besides the fact that the A-10 is not equipped for recon.

Also would be kinda hard for the A-10 not to be spotted near the base being that the 107th Fighter Squadron flies the A-10C Thunderbolt II, also known as the A-10 "Warthog. The 107th FIghter Squadron is stationed at the Selfridge Air National Guard base.

edit on 24-7-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

i will agree with the first one...but the other 2 are from 2008 and they were just saying the plans for it...and i think with an economic collapse looming we should be looking at this again

I find the timing of this "alleged" deployment interesting if it is true. Says more about who orchestrated the economic collapse than anything, in my opinion,

Yea it is kinda weird that it has been planned since 2008 and the timing couldnt have been more perfect with the economy in the toilet

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ha ha I was trying to do the same math in my head. What it looks like to me is that the gov is introducing the idea of military patrolling the streets. How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by moonweed
this is some pretty freaky s**t...when me and my gf were out doing some shopping earlier...we spotted an A-10 recon jet flying over our area, from the Selfridge Air National Guard base....which is really close to where we live....those things NEVER fly around here, unless something is going on...i'm thinking they're going to be deploying a lot more than 20,000 troops, if this country comes crashing down

Since when is the A-10 Warthog used as a Reconnaissance aircraft? Why would they use such a rarely seen (over common public areas) aircraft to do "recon"? besides the fact that the A-10 is not equipped for recon.

have a look here:

www.af.mil...

the A-10 Thunderbolt is what has been flying around...not a Warthog, as you call it
edit on 2011/7/24 by moonweed because: (no reason given)

link   
havent seen anything weird in my part of the country
think i'll drive by the armory
see if its been "spruced up" any

link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
So you folks all want your military to sit around with its finger up its jacksie if there's ever a national disaster, and not be used to help where it can??

Isnt that what the National Guard is for??
Not the military

Err...NG is military - it just isn't the FEDERAL military. And it is generall limited, and only vailable for use within it's own state - so what do you use if the local NG isn't enough??

As for A-10's as recce - you can use whatever you like for tactical recce - any a/c flying over an area can report what thepilot sees - it started with fighter a/c in WW2 making "tactical recce" missions - in wartime they were also able to attack anything they saw of course, but their primary purpose was to report what they saw and when, and analysts back at HQ would piece together all the reports to try to come up with a bigger picture.

Slow flying A-10's would probably be better than fast jets for this purpose in time of an emergency.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join