It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spotted an aircraft leaving a trail?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I've just watched an aircraft fly overhead, the contrail he is leaving behind him didn't seem to be dissipating and it got me thinking of several posts on this forum. Then I remembered about this site Flight Radar so I've checked out the said aircraft, turns out it was a KLM.

Airline: KLM
Flight: KL744
To: Amsterdam, Schiphol (AMS)
Aircraft: Boeing 777-306ER (B77W)
Reg: PH-BVA
Hex: 48455E
Altitude: 35000 ft (10668 m)
Speed: 505 kt (935 km/h, 581 mph)
Track: 77°
Squawk: 2024
Pos: 51.59949 / -1.71684
Radar: EGTE2

What I'm getting at is this is a very useful tool if you do see something suspicious in the sky. Granted this site covers all of Europe but wont be much help for our American friends as it only covers small areas across the pond.

I'm not advertising this site but they do a free iphone app as well.

Keep watching ;0)

Edit for bad grammer
edit on 24-7-2011 by yeebsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Just to add, on the left hand side of the page, if you click on the flight it gives all the details which in turn you can check the airports just to double check that the flight is legit.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I can vouch first hand that the information is live and correct. I recently had an aircraft on test flight. We were monitoring his progress and had the ATC feed streaming live. 100% up to the second feeds

Excellent site.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The theory that contrails dissipate quickly and chemtrails last, so observers can reliably tell the difference, is some of the silliest pseudo-science that appears on ATS.

For solid scientific evidence of allied aircraft in 1944 leaving lasting contrails which went on to affect the weather, please have a look at this recent thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Why would a contrail be suspicious? Contrails have been seen in the skies for the better part of a century. I would hope you're not going the "chemtrail" route as that's been debunked ad-nauseum with zero scientific evidence to back it up.

edit on 24-7-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

If you want to learn more about this topic check out the other threads in the Geo-engineering section. It is full of great useful info. It may also answer any questions you have.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

Nice one,

I'd never even heard of this before. It's really accurate, my bedroom window looks side-on to the approach to Edinburgh Airport and it's been dead on for the last few flights i've seen.

S&F bravo

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
had two of these bad boys over bristol uk about 2 weeks ago in the shape of a x

we got quite a busy airport and there is usually a few trails in the sky but these go quite quick but these ones was hanging about for a while longer, but it was a calm night so that might be why

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I love this site. Not once did I say anything about believing in (whisper softly looking side to side) Chemtrails. I did however think of a couple of post I recently read when I saw the contrail (see I said contrail, as I did in my OP) and thought it would be a good idea to let other members on this site know that there is a way to verify if a flight is just a civvy flight going about its normal day to day buisiness.

But then we have comments like

the silliest pseudo-science that appears on ATS.

and

I would hope you're not going the "chemtrail" route as that's been debunked ad-nauseum with zero scientific evidence to back it up.

I love how people can be so patronising here when they don't realy read or understand the opening post, they just feel they have to shout louder and harder where it almost becomes farcical. Can you point out where I asked once on the science or your beliefs in Chemtrails?
edit on 24-7-2011 by yeebsy because: Spelling, my bad

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

OP, it was you who seemed to find it interesting that, “I've just watched an aircraft fly overhead, the contrail he is leaving behind him didn't seem to be dissipating”, and went on to tell us that, “this is a very useful tool if you do see something suspicious in the sky.”

Forgive me for thinking that you believed that a contrail which, “didn't seem to be dissipating” was, “suspicious”. How could I have made that mistake?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Snippy23

Originally posted by Snippy23

The theory that contrails dissipate quickly and chemtrails last, so observers can reliably tell the difference, is some of the silliest pseudo-science that appears on ATS.

~Aimlessly looking around, while attempting to determine which member is guilty of bringing this silly pseudo-scientific notion into this thread.~

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0237bff2cf72.gif[/atsimg]

on topic: reply to post by yeebsy

I may be across the pond, but that is an interesting site nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Exactly. There's nothing suspicious about a contrail unless one is trying to play the "chemtrail" card. Plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
yes spotted one leaving one at night the other day
is that normal?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That's really cool. There has got to be a similar site somewhere that covers the US.

Awesome tool you just brought to the show. Thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Please if you are going to quote me then use the whole sentence, In case you missed it I'll paste it here for you. I've just watched an aircraft fly overhead, the contrail he is leaving behind him didn't seem to be dissipating and it got me thinking of several posts on this forum.

You see the bit you missed out?? It got me thinking about this site! pure and simple, it got me thinking.

It appears that you see only what you want to see my friend, let me show you. Here is a snipet of your post,

chemtrails last, so observers can reliably tell the difference

See what happened? completely changes the meaning of the sentance.

Now there are many people here that are convinced that there is something untoward going on and these are the people that this post is directed to, I'm mearly pointing out a web site that can clarify what is in the air above.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

You need to relax. What you said very clearly suggested chemtrails. Every person who opened this thread expected it to be about Chemtrails. You put "airplane trails" and "suspicious in the sky" in the same paragraph -- not directly linked, but very clearly associated with each other. You mentioned that the contrail did not dissipate, which is a well known aspect of the chemtrail "theory".

Whether or not you actually meant Chemtrails, you put them into the minds of every person in the thread.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
reply to post by yeebsy

You need to relax.

No he doesn't becuase he is right.

What you said very clearly suggested chemtrails. Every person who opened this thread expected it to be about Chemtrails.

Where? I've read it three times and have seen nothing other than someone saying if you are suspicious, use this tool.

You put "airplane trails" and "suspicious in the sky" in the same paragraph -- not directly linked, but very clearly associated with each other.

No he didn't.

You mentioned that the contrail did not dissipate, which is a well known aspect of the chemtrail "theory".

Its also a well know contrail behaviour and I don't see him claiming different.

Whether or not you actually meant Chemtrails, you put them into the minds of every person in the thread.

I don't believe he did. You obviously didn't read the OP or, if you did, didn't understand what you read. This forum has got to be the worst forum for people making knee-jerk reactions without READING THE OP.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

I'm relaxed, just perplexed at some peoples grasp on the English language. Granted this is the Geo Engineering and Chemtrail forum (that's why I posted here) but where in my post did I ask for the science behind extended duration contrails or peoples beliefs in chemtrails?

I will say this one more time but I bet some people will not read this far. I'm mearly pointing out a web site that can clarify what aircraft is in the sky above.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

The staggering ignorance of the concept of "implications" on this entire website is really beginning to distress me.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by FreeSpeaker

The staggering ignorance of the concept of "implications" on this entire website is really beginning to distress me.

Ahhh, I see. You can read minds through the internet and determine the true implications behind a poster's words.

Am I reading that right?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join