It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portrait of a Norwegian Killer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Where is that composites part? I'd like to know

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

yeah this is clearly photo shopped, but what kinda makes me weirded out is, why did they have to point this one specific out

He later appears to have moved out of the city and established Breivik Geofarm, a company believed to be an organic farm

I hope they don't find some way to weasel in organic farming as a new form of terrorism.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
He admits in his "manifesto":

So while these may be photos of real objects and a real person they are not real in the sense they are composites edited in PS5..

I actually took time to read the whole manifesto. I didn't see a word of composites in there. I believe you may have been mistaken

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Even 'if' the pictures are fake, what does it prove?

He WAS arrested, he DID kill people...

I'm not sure what the point is. Not to be rude, just a genuine question.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The photo does look fake.. The specular region on the hand suggests a lot brighter light source than the head is receiving, and it's not an optical illusion created by the white background.. Skin tone is a little off as well. Also the head looks a tad big in proportion to the body.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Well it is fake, there's no way anyone could actually think this was real, just look at the eyes and some of the small details on his outfit.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'd originally posted this on another thread, before spotting this one. I also spotted an oddity, on the holiday photo with the 2 women.

If you look around the younger woman's head, I think I can see evidence of cloning work, which suggests to me that the woman in the middle's head was pasted on to this photo, with the old head cloned out. There's some other oddities in the pixels around the beads on her necklace and the neck on the right hand side.

I've also looked up close at the gun pic. I've done a hell of a lot of cutting the backgrounds out in photos. I'm going to risk sounding like a tin hatter, but I'm going to say that if I were told that figure was generated in something like a high end version of poser, I'd completely believe them. Not only is the background removal completely clean, there's no small slips or notches in the edge, there's also no trace pixels left capturing the background. With a digital image, especially from a cheap digital camera, the edges are always messy. That looks more to me like an image created without a background, rather than one that had been cut out.

Edit: I've been sitting thinking, and realised that I should add that I have seen an edge that clean before. I've used Poser to try to create photo-real rendered images. When you render a figure in Poser with a white background with no shadows cast, it look clean, just like the edge on that image.
edit on 24-7-2011 by TheIrvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neoblade
The photos come from the last pages of "his" book that is being systematically removed from websites!
www.scribd.com... Independence
www.scribd.com... Independence
www.2shared.com...

Here you go.

www.kevinislaughter.com...

If you'd like, you could upload it to your media space here I'm sure.

It is fairly well constructed, and not the usual mind bending hard to follow schizophrenia. I can see why people would prefer it not to be available.
edit on 2011/7/24 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The Daily Mail, and other outlets, are going to publish more photos because the photos are relevant to the story and.....he's conveniently attractive. Its a great combination.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
He admits in his "manifesto":

Feb 15th to Feb 26th:
created a 12,5 minute movie trailer (slideshow trailer) promoting the compendium: “2083 – A European Declaration of Independence”. All the slides were created in Photoshop. After 12 days of hard work I can say I am somewhat satisfied with the end result. I would love to make it even better but I really can’t afford to invest any more time into this trailer which might never see the light of day… Not happy with end resolution but higher res would just make the AVI file too large for efficient distribution. Was planning to hire a low cost Asian movie guy through scriptlance.com but I have to conserve my funds.

So while these may be photos of real objects and a real person they are not real in the sense they are composites edited in PS5..

Well, that's quite some input to this thread. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I still don't think that the photo presented in my OP is even real at all, let alone simply airbrushed. Nevertheless, this does help to explain what might be going on. Still - the skeptic in me wonders whether him having supposedly photoshopped his own photos is just a very neat way for whoever may be behind all of this to pre-empt criticisms of the photos' legitimacy.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

He later appears to have moved out of the city and established Breivik Geofarm, a company believed to be an organic farm

I hope they don't find some way to weasel in organic farming as a new form of terrorism.

While not entirely pertinent to this thread, you're very much on the money!

I personally believe this was a false-flag event, and will be used to kill many birds with one stone by TPTB - right-wingers, Christians, gun-owners and - as you rightly said - organic farmers. All will be slightly more demonised than before.

Note: I will not be engaging in debate surrounding this post. It's not relevent to the thread and I've fought my corner in other major 'Anders Behring Breivik' threads.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Even 'if' the pictures are fake, what does it prove?

He WAS arrested, he DID kill people...

I'm not sure what the point is. Not to be rude, just a genuine question.

Okay, and I'll try and answer with grace.

I don't know what it proves. That's not what this thread is for. This thread is simply meant to deal with one single chapter of the story - the legitimacy of the photos. They might have been faked by Breivik himself - I won't rule that out. But what I am sure of is that they have been faked by someone.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

He's attempting to give a full societal/cultural model, and therefore the pictures are intended to give a stylized example of the para-military styles and groups he envisions. Inasmuch the pictures are "real" only in that they are stylized examples of his World as he'd like you to join it.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIrvy

Thank you for a great post. Not sure about what you're saying about the photo with the two women - that one does look quite legitimate to me. But all the others, with their perfect white backgrounds as though there was no residual light from anything else in the room - only the camera flash, look strange. The 'soldier' one - as you say - looks like a very advanced digital 3D model. That was my first thought the instant I saw it.

I spent 2 years in a job where it was my role to cut models out of backgrounds in photoshop. I'm also an illustrator and know a little about 3D modelling. I understand light sources, iridescence and depth. And although there are no REALLY bad light/shadow issues, there are some subtle ones I pointed out. But for the most part, it's the liefelessness in the face. Anyone seen Tron Legacy? It's the reason the young Jeff Bridges could never look quite right, no matter how advanced the digital technology is these days.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3167f135dc3e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
its not fake, it looks fake because there is no background

and plus, since when did the colour of ones hand matched their face? never.

Since always, unless the guy wore gloves all of his life or wore gloves in a tanning bed. I just clipped this image. Does the hands suddenly get brighter, not really.. And for those saying it's just because his hand is closer to the light source, take a look at his right hand which is very near to his face. I believe his head was overlayed onto and existing image of another person. His eye seems to be staring at the rim of the scope.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1299905f7405.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 24-7-2011 by Freezer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
...and I say 'portrait' because this supposed 'photograph' is NOT real:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df42e6cf7b1d.jpg[/atsimg]

The first time I saw this, on ATS, I assumed it was a very quick spoof of the killer made by some satirist. The badge on his shoulder reads:

MARXIST HUNTER

I can't find any photos large enough to view the smaller text on the badge (perhaps someone can help?).

I am a professional graphic designer and digital artist. By no means am I an expert in digital forgeries, but I have an insight beyond most people and I can tell you this 'photo' is not real. Setting aside the fact that his eyes are lifeless in the way that only CGI eyes can be, the lack of correct shadowing and lack of depth to his hair are so glaringly obvious to me. They jump out on first glance. Not to mention questions surrounding how and why such a professional 'model' type shot was taken and by who.

As I said, I thought this was a spoof or composite, until I saw BBC news claiming it to be legitimate.

The UK's Daily Mail has a page showing an unusually large number of photos. This is out-of-sorts, as they usually limit photos to 2 or 3. All of the photos look unrealistic to me, but the above one most of all. The depiction of Anders Behring Breivik in so many similar, high-quality poses sits wrong, and feels like overkill - as though the mainstream media are pre-empting 'consipracy theories' by showing just how real the man is.

See the article and photos here

I'm not going to go into my theories about the motive behind what I suspect was a false-flag attack here - there are other threads for that. But this photo is so obviously a fakery that I want to scream it at the top of my lungs. Of course, many of you will ridicule me (seriously, what's with so many ATS members ridiculing theories that go against the grain lately?!), but I don't care. THIS PHOTO, and the others I suspect, IS NOT REAL, or has been doctored big time. I offer no claims beyond that right now.

Whilst writing this post I found a blog posing some interesting questions about the man's Facebook page - which lo-and-behold contains another suspicious looking photo.

Questions surrounding his Facebook profile

I hope that for the most part, this post isn't regurgitating what has been put in several other threads.

What clinches fakery to me is all of his pictures are "right" posed (our left) possibly signifying his "right wing" affiliations. AND, the patch is crooked as hell on his sleeve but positioned in the picture to be read. WHO did this guy piss off?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
www.brusselsjournal.com...

fjordman.blogspot.com...

Breivik uses Fjordman as an inspiration. His manifesto is named for an article by Fjordman. Fjordman stopped writing his blog in 2005.

edit on 2011/7/24 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Um.. what? It may very well be a composite.. but I can tell you one thing. The eyes aren't cgi and the hair is real.
Why would you start tearing a picture apart, but start with the only parts that aren't cgi (if any is I haven't looked close, at first glance it looks composite, but it could be a legit pic manipulated and placed on a white background).

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
After looking for a bit. I think the picture is legit. I think it was just placed on a white background and perhaps lightened.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyIgnorence

How are they clearly faked graphic artist?
I would love to know from both the OP and you.

Show me. You are both wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join