It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of free TV?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
wait a minute I just thought of something NOAA weather radio goes off the same specturm as AM/FM? Which is anlouge not digital so if free tv is gone, radios go digital and recquire subscriptions where does that leave people with NOAA weather radios? Scary times we live in where it seems we have more voilent weather but our acess to information is being cut potentially through internet caps, digital transitions and free tv possibly ending.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
TV is their propaganda machine, through which people receive the lies and can't answer back,r so they're never going to take it away, unfortunately. Imo it would be a blessing if they did.....so for sure they won't be doing it.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have been been more and more satellite and cable door to door salespeople coming to my door. They seem desperate. That tells me people are cutting out cable and satellite left and right. People used to sound shocked when I told them I don't even own a t.v. A few days days ago, another one come to my door, and this one just sighed and said, "Yeah, seems like there is a few of you guys in this neighborhood." I was shocked but happy.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Is there anyone out there that doesn't pay for television?I have been paying for tv for the last 30yrs and didn't realize you could still get stations without cable...
.. can you?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I can't afford cable myself. There is free digital over the air stations through your local area.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by dreamseeker

Is there anyone out there that doesn't pay for television?I have been paying for tv for the last 30yrs and didn't realize you could still get stations without cable...
.. can you?

In Canada, a person might be able to get up to 4, I think, without cable. That depends on where you live though. The last place I lived only had 1 free station, and that wasn't even local. Horrible shows.

Now I'm rural. No free TV out here, satellite service only. Also satellite only internet, both expensive.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Even 4 channels for free would be better than nothing. I feel news, weather and emergency information should be free.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
In my area I don't consider TV to be free at all
unless you are satisfied with maybe 3 channels
that have nothing much on them. I pay for cable
and the prices have been going up not down.
The only way I can save is to have the TV, Internet
and phone thru the same provider. Is it not
the same in most places?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I live by a major city. I don't see the point of paying for TV since I only watch it for news, weather,information and some enertainment.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
In my area I don't consider TV to be free at all
unless you are satisfied with maybe 3 channels
that have nothing much on them. I pay for cable
and the prices have been going up not down.
The only way I can save is to have the TV, Internet
and phone thru the same provider. Is it not
the same in most places?

Here in most cities, they can be lumped together like that.
But, if you're rural it costs about 2 1/2 times as much. It gets expensive to get away from the crowds.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It's never been free in the UK.

To watch TV you require a license that costs around £145 each year. Even though the terrestrial digital broadcast is called "Freeview" you still have to purchase the license to watch it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thats ridiculous! I am not sure why the governments of the world want to change everything for the bad not the good. I am all for change that benefits people not takes away their choices.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Spretrum Auction Here is an article from my local news about the proposed spetrum auction which may force free broadcast tv to end.
edit on 28-7-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join