It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amy Winehouse found dead in appartment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus
It would take this generation to think that Amy W. was anywhere close to being in the same league as Morrison, Hendricks, or Joplin. She was nothing more than a Tattooed crackwhore, with a delusions of greatness, with a below average voice, and no knowledge of music, Just the singer for the current generation, which wouldnt know good music if it bit them in the ass.

spoken like a true old fart
all the names you listed were ALL tattooed crack/smack heads

eta: adele, kings of leon, bonobo, fatboy slim, macy grey. all good music which bit me on the ass...
edit on 23/7/11 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What I remember about 27 there was of course something about satanism 9 and/or sacrifice in series "Iluminati Hollywood". Just take it or leave it. Sometimes it's just coincidence. I don't think Curt Cobain was any kind of butterfly or man made talent. You know how today they are pushing the worst junk which use to be written by them into media of mass consumption and so they make a hit and a celebrity type of lady gaga. No voice or talent needed. Just money input and money output. Eventually to please Lucifer by the way

Oh, there's also something about 25 I've mentioned around 2PAC's death.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
this isnt about what drugs can do. its about what pain can do. Amy Winehouse was as good as she was because she was able to convey a pain that must have been soul deep. She gave her demons a beat to dance to. I know all about carrying around that darkness and am glad she was able to swim to the surface long enough to share her beautiful voice with the world. Now her pain is over. She's one of the lucky ones. Many will be waking up into their own nightmares for years to come. ...RIP
edit on 23-7-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I sumit as evidence that almost 50 years have gone by and yet not only are their songs still played on the radio, and bought by millions, but they are looked upon as Icons in the music world. In 50 yrs, (hell 10) the response will be, "Amy who?"

Amy w. is (was) proof that given todays technology, and enough money, even a tone deaf, off key, shrill, drug addict who thinks a major 5th is a large bottle of booze, can be made to sound at least adaquate. Which is fine for todays generation.
edit on 7/23/2011 by Phedreus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

If you've seen her in person, you'd know that she hardly needed technology to make her sound good. You can't deny that just watching one video of her singing in the past showed a lot of soul and feeling in her voice.

I think you are rude, and I also think all of the icons you've mentioned are on the other side probably making friends with her. She was a troubled, but gifted soul. you don't agree with that - that's fine. But for gods sake, have some respect.

edit on 23-7-2011 by FurthestStar because: needed instead of needs because she went downhill sadly

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurthestStar

If you've seen her in person, you'd know that she hardly needed technology to make her sound good. You can't deny that just watching one video of her singing in the past showed a lot of soul and feeling in her voice.

I think you are rude, and I also think all of the icons you've mentioned are on the other side probably making friends with her. She was a troubled, but gifted soul. you don't agree with that - that's fine. But for gods sake, have some respect.

edit on 23-7-2011 by FurthestStar because: needed instead of needs because she went downhill sadly

Why would I want to pay to hear a subpar performance from a drugged out, hack
Soul and feeling in her voice? give me a break. What you heard was the souless shreik of a worthless druggy anxious for her next fix.
rude? yeah I guess. but then that seems to be the only way to get the attention of todays american idol, reality tv, southpark, beevis and butthead, watching generation.
Troubled soul? without a doubt.
Gifted? perhaps in getting attention, but in music, I would rather think the verb to use would be lacking.
Have some respect? Just who in their right mind could respect someone like her who didnt even respect herself.
Sadly the only thing I can say good about her is that she was an example to others of someone who wasted and debased a most precious gift. Life. While The same can be said of all the others I consider icons of rock, with them at least I could wonder just how great they could have been if they had been worthy of their talent and life. with amy the only thing I wondered is how she could have possible earned enough money on stage to support the lifestyle that killed her.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Maybe she isn't your cup of tea, but to a few people out there, she was wonderful. You don't know her personally and neither do I. Calling her a tattooed crackwhore is crossing the line. Calm down. She's gone now. One less person you have to stress about trashing your 50 years ago world.

Oh and leave south parks good name out of this.
edit on 23-7-2011 by FurthestStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FurthestStar

whoops

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurthestStar

Maybe she isn't your cup of tea, but to a few people out there, she was wonderful. You don't know her personally and neither do I. Calling her a tattooed crackwhore is crossing the line. Calm down. She's gone now. One less person you have to stress about trashing your 50 years ago world.

Oh and leave south parks good name out of this.

Thankfully those who thought her wonderful are limited.
I know everything I need to know about her. The hollywood rags and the internet have certainly given me enough informantion on her to support my opinions of her.
If you know anything about her, the idea of me crossing the line calling her a tattooed crackwhore would seem to be rather funny.
As to my 50 yrs ago world, it seems the music of my era remains the bench mark. There is not a place in this country you wont find a radio station playing the music of my era.
finally, I will give you the southpark thing. I have watched it, and I do find it very enteraining. but by the same token you have to give me beevis and butthead barb.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus
If you know anything about her, the idea of me crossing the line calling her a tattooed crackwhore would seem to be rather funny.
As to my 50 yrs ago world, it seems the music of my era remains the bench mark. There is not a place in this country you wont find a radio station playing the music of my era.

While I do agree that your era had the very best music, I'm not going to sit here and say that every singer and song writer from this decade is all that bad. Amy was the rainbow colored mic in a pool of gray microphones. She wasn't a gold microphone, but she was at least a rainbow. You don't like her voice. You don't like her. Okay, just let it out, but resorting to name calling is not making you look better than what you're putting down.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
R.I.P. Amy, a truly great talent who will surely be missed.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FurthestStar

I certainly agree that not all the new artist of today are bad. Far from it. Hoverver they are being drowned out by the mass of untalented, uneducated, blasters of what passed for music to most of the younger generation.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
better to be a talented,self aware,singer with self destructive tendancies,and be dead at 27...than to be leona lewis,celine dion etc and a puppet.an autotune singsmodel for a label.
rip amy
knew we wouldnt have you long

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ok..... No Charlie Sheen lived passed 27 stuff. He never was or is a real artist. Tormented maybe. No artist.

I liked Amy Winehouses work.

Peace

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Wow this is retarded. She was a junkie, she has been dying for years. Why people want to turn this into conspiracy I can't fathom.
Edit: and these guys "adele, kings of leon, bonobo, fatboy slim, macy grey", pretty much all suck, lol.
edit on 23-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I am amazed that people are so willing to accept and even like someone that has very obvious drug problems. In years past the addicts were always those "rock stars" and the grunge and rap artists. And now this absolutely horrendous looking female shows up and you all cry about her doing what she was headed for anyways. Good riddance, I am sick of seeing people like Winehouse being admired by the public. Would you want your children to make the same choices as she did?

She wasn't even that talented.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I don't know much about this woman other than one track of hers that made her famous. I'm not surprised how she died with her track record of drugs and alcohol but nevertheless this is a waste of a young woman's life.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

and how exactly did she die?????

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Drug overdose or alcohol poisoning would be a pretty good assumption !

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
should have gone to rehab,but still one less junkie on the plant

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join