It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Militants From Iran Found Aiding Sadr Forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thirty men fighting for the Iraqi rebel cleric were captured in the city of Kut and were later discovered to be Iranian nationals. This raises concerns that Iran may be deeply involved in the current state of unrest in Iraq. There is also credible evidence that more men and weapons are crossing the border between Iran and Iraq.

www.guardian.co.uk
Security officials in Baghdad were last night urgently investigating the background of 30 Iranians who were caught fighting for a rebel Shia cleric in Iraq, amid mounting concern over the involvement of the Tehran regime in the uprising.

The Guardian has learned that the most senior members of the Iraqi government were briefed about the capture of the men yesterday, and also told of other evidence that fighters and equipment have been crossing the border from Iran.

The 30 men were captured in the southern city of Kut on Wednesday and officials are trying to establish whether they have any links to Tehran.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Several members of Iraq's national security committee were also presented with "revealing information about the extent of Iranian involvement in Iraqi affairs".

Other sources are reporting that two trucks laden with weapons destined for the fighters of the militant cleric, Moqtada al-Sadr, had been stopped at the Iranian border on Wednesday night.

Iraqi officials speculate that for every few trucks caught, a few more slip by security.

[edit on 8/14/2004 by lockheed]

[edit on 8-15-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is great for beginning the push across the border into Iran, which as well all know is a member of the still existant "Axis of Evil". This is certain.

Perhaps then things can move into Syria and lIbya

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultimatecowboy
This is great for beginning the push across the border into Iran, which as well all know is a member of the still existant "Axis of Evil". This is certain.

Perhaps then things can move into Syria and lIbya

You sound so in favor of US doing more invasions and going into another war, so I imagine you must be a die-hard marine or perhaps another branch of the service? Yes.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm figuring we'll find some excuse to attack Iran sooner or later.... this is as good as any. (I don't support the invasion, I just accept the inevitable)

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is very dangerous. Najaf is "Holy Ground".
Al Sadr have become a symbol of the resistance against the "occupants",
and now he have gained more support than ever from all the muslims in the region, sjia- AND sunni-muslims...
This can become ugly, and I mean REALLY ugly.
Much uglier than what we have seen so far in this war.
The americans should be very careful now...

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hellmutt,

You are right, now that bin-ladden is all hear said but no show, this people has a real martyr, they have a leader that so far has shown no hesitation against the powerful invaders of his country.

This people were oppressed during Sadam rule and even when they were able to do their religious things, they were not allowed to do demonstrations.

The entire area in the middle east is vigilant they are seen a new strong religious leader that perhaps is going to start the Jihad, the more US fight this man the more supporters is going to attract to the area and the more of our soldiers are going to die.

Is something that our country has to understand, this people are not fighting or invading they are fighting for their own rights to rule their own country, the Middle East belong to the Arabs not to the US or coalition forces.

This not about Bin-ladden anymore or the terrorist, this about winning what cannot be won.

This is not more about the will of the people of Iraq but the will of the few interest groups that US manage to put in power in that country.

You cannot win the hearts of the people in a country when while your are killing them.

Bush should take it like a man, accept the failure, and retrieve.

I wonder if the Middle East did not have any oil, will we be there at all?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
So the "25 foreigners" who have the mosque rigged to blow-up must be these Iranians...huh?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join