It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Tea Party GOP Drives US Towards Catastrophic Default, World Panic"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by poet1b

It's Bush's fault, it's Bush's fault! That's what he says, when in reality he should be saying "It's my fault, it's my fault"! Blame everything on everyone else.

I agree. Mentioning the cause of an event is fuzzy logic. Everything happens in a bubble, and to look back in the past and say a+b=c is crazy! Mentioning the polices that heed shape the current economic situation is ABSURD! Unless we're blaming Clinton for 9-11.

Then it's cool.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
No more credit cards for Ooobammah and the liberal democrats.. whah ! whah ! whah ! If they don't get more free money to spend on pet projects they have only themselves to blame. The congress has a bill sitting on the table in the Senate if Reid wants to pick it up and vote on it, send it to the president for his veto and then override the veto to save the country. But wait ! Oh no... he can't do that ! He needs an open ended credit card.

What will happen to planned parenthood ?

What will happen to ACORN ?

What will happen to the NEA ?

Oh my gosh !

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Are you under the impression the Republicans dont want to spend money?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Webster Tarpley has a lot of great perspectives and has written a lot of good articles but he's wrong on this one.

For all the drama and fear mongering, the debt ceiling was just raised in 2006 under Bush, and guess what, the same people who are in favor of it now, all voted against it then.

Thats right, Obama as Senator voted against raising the debt ceiling and every Republican, with the exception of 3, voted in favor of it. Politics as usual for the 2-headed, 1-party system.

www.govtrack.us...

The debt ceiling does not have to be raised, nor does their need to be a "default". The debt addicts in Washington, DC simply need to cut spending, but they refuse to do it.

No one is willing to cut the titanic domestic programs nor are they willing to downsize the enormous global military empire. Instead, the American victims will suffer in the form of inflation and a near worthless currency which has already lost 95% of its buying power since the creation of the "Federal Reserve".

edit on 27-7-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Tea Party GOP Drives US Towards Catastrophic Default, World Panic

I would just like to say that I can't accept the Tea Party as being a division, or even a subdivision of the GOP. The mainstream Republican Party would not ride this nation into the ground.

That being said, this extremist group does appear to have struck fear into that mainstream and is basically pulling the strings. As a political centrist who leans slightly to the right on a number of issues, I find this hijacking entirely regrettable. That doesn't mean I am going to run out and vote for Obama. That won't happen... but I can't see that the GOP is going to stand a snowball's chance in hell in 2012 after this debacle.

It's a real damned mess.
edit on 27-7-2011 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

That being said, this extremist group does appear to have struck fear into that mainstream and is basically pulling the strings. As a political centrist who leans slightly to the right on a number of issues, I find this hijacking entirely regrettable. That doesn't mean I am going to run out and vote for Obama. That won't happen... but I can't see that the GOP is going to stand a snowball's chance in hell in 2012 after this debacle.

A careful observer might note that perhaps this is exactly what the GOP wants from this debacle. They want to ensure they DONT win the WH in 2012, while throwing several bones to their party base. It would be suicide for the GOP to get the WH in 2012.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Times-herald

WASHINGTON -- Courting confrontation and compromise alike, House Republicans shrugged off President Barack Obama's threat to veto legislation to cut federal spending by trillions of dollars on Monday while simultaneously negotiating with him over more modest steps to avert a potential government default.

Even if Boehner manages to pass his bill through the House, it’s DOA in the Senate. “Speaker Boehner’s plan is not a compromise. It was written for the Tea Party, not the American people,” Reid told reporters Tuesday on Capitol Hill. “ Read more: swampland.time.com...

Swamp

Excuse me Mr Reid, I thought the Tea Party is of the people.....arrogant putz. That would be the result of the last elections! No more spending! How does he even have the nerve to go against the people's will?I do not trust Boehner either.. His plan is useless drivel, but a better start. Arizona should be ashamed to keep electing this guy.

When reid/Pelosi were in charge,what budget did they present to Obama? None!
edit on 7/27/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
The fault lays squarely on all the morons who continue to support free market economics after they have been proven to fail so consistently.

What do you mean fail?

They did exactly what they were meant to do.

Centralize social power and physical resources.

Create a smaller plutocracy and a larger under class.

People seem to forget that "the rich" and "the government" have always been one group.

Originally posted by RRokkyy
The Rich are the Government.

The Rich is the Military, Pharmaceutical, Prison industrial complex paid
for by the middle class and poor.
Imperialist wars and drug wars
butter their bread.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

The Tea Party represent only a small fraction of the people. Only, what, 62 Congressmen are Tea Partiers?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

Excuse me Mr Reid, I thought the Tea Party is of the people.....arrogant putz. That would be the result of the last elections! No more spending!

Really? "No more spending" was the tea party mantra?

Tell me, have they addressed the military budget, agricultural and pharmaceutical subsidies, pork barrel projects in their own districts, etc?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

About 100, the point is, the spending needs to be stopped, Repubs are just as useless.You can not blame the Tea Party for what has been ongoing for Decades and in the last few years. Nice try. has the Tea Party ever raise the debt ceiling, authorized a war or kinetic action? Abridge our Citizen's rights as both parties? Homeland Security and the dems ongoing battle to deny my guns?Has the tea Party ever raised taxes on anyone?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
has the Tea Party ever raise the debt ceiling, authorized a war or kinetic action?

Many who claim to be part of the 'teaparty' caucus have, yes.

Many are just old school Republicans looking to cash in on constituents short memories.
edit on 27-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

As a political party, no they haven't. True there are some old school repubs in the ranks, but by and large they are new blood. So instead of slamming the many for the sins of the few, how about actually giving them a chance. Nobama had his chance and blew it. How about we give the Tea Party more than just 7 months to accomplish something, alright?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

You're shifting the goalposts, here. You said that the Tea Party represents the people ERGO the Democrats should not oppose them or else they are opposing the People. Then you changed tack and said that the Tea Party represents the things that you think are best for the American People. Democrats in favour of the welfare state would say the same thing, that the Democrats and Obama represent the things that [Democrats think] are best for the American People. You are disguising partisanship as objectivity.

The Tea Party is not being blamed for anything that they have had no part in. They are being blamed for getting in the way of a resolution to this crisis. The most important thing that they have done since being elected is stand against social programs that tens (hundreds) of millions of Americans depend on now and will depend on in the future.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

As a political party, no they haven't. True there are some old school repubs in the ranks, but by and large they are new blood. So instead of slamming the many for the sins of the few, how about actually giving them a chance. Nobama had his chance and blew it. How about we give the Tea Party more than just 7 months to accomplish something, alright?

But they aren't a 'political party'. They are all Republicans. So to try and separate them from their party platform is absurd. And until I see them putting some real energy into REAL cuts, and not merely obstructionist measures and cuts to social infrastructure, I won't believe their MO is any different from the social conservative actions they embody.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

If the TP becomes a separate party in 2012 it would make the election way sexier, n'est-ce pas?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap

If the TP becomes a separate party in 2012 it would make the election way sexier, n'est-ce pas?

If they really want to tell us they aren't Republicans, then that seems to be the most logical thing, yes.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

They stand for what I do, and I am independent. No increase in the debt ceiling! they can't manage what they have, why on gods green earth would I give them more? This whole sham is going to collapse sooner or later, so I say on with it!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

They stand for what I do, and I am independent. No increase in the debt ceiling! they can't manage what they have, why on gods green earth would I give them more? This whole sham is going to collapse sooner or later, so I say on with it!

The notion that collapsing the system would be beneficial to anyone other than multinational corporations like BP or Haliburton is silly. Sure, these companies would see record profits for their 'reconstruction services', but you as an individual would be even more powerless than oyu are now.

Your subscribe to a fantasy that you havent thought out much. The tea party are not standing in the way of passage of a debt ceiling because they want to be fiscally prudent. IF they were concerned about spending, they' be demanding REAL, SUBSTANTIVE cuts, not attacking petty programs while ignoring the trillions we give to the military, big pharma and agri-business, etc.

This is a re-run of the Republican game plan from the mid 90's. Bohner is the new Gingrich. Perhaps you are too young to remember the EXACT SAME CLAIMS from these same liars, but I am not.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I'm old enough. i am also old enough to remember what carter did to us and the savings and loan failure as well. At what point do you say enough and stop the spending? At what point? Really, that is the whole crux of the matter. If you don't draw the line in the sand it will never change. Sometimes doing nothing gets attention, as it has the Tea Party. Everyone is so afraid their entitlement will get cut that they are not willing to force our reps to do the right thing and reign in spending. They will cause the collapse by increasing the debt anyway.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join