It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs: Embryos have been produced secretively for the past three

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't know if I could consider these "living creatures." I also do not agree with the logic in the article stating that scientists should not be allowed to do things "just to experiment." Need I remind anyone that we are only where we are today because of those who did things deemed "grotesque" at one point in time? I think research like this, if it can prove itself beneficial, should be continued...If it cannot, it should be discontinued in pursuit of something else.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

capitalism works when there is demand

if you dont want one of the creatures, dont buy one, but ill take one super cat if they can make one.

They're called Savannahs. Check them out. www.f1hybrids.com...

My first thought was the movie SPLICE. It bothers me that governments allow this type of research.

It's not right. It cheapens human life too.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]

Originally posted by obzerver
humans cross breeding with other animals the church would never stand for that but what if these cross bread animals human thingys wer raised by nazies then that would be bad i dot think things are naturaly evil or what ever evil they are just mad it likes me and not them

Actually, that's not true.

At least a decade ago under the previous Pope, the church deemed that the creation of a slave race would be ok.

Since the creatures/beings were not human there were no issues with exploiting them.

Perhaps today the Church is men of power and not men of Godly wisdom. They have knowledge but what do they do with it?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
We've all witnessed what these Scientists do with Monkeys,
so i'm pretty sure we can all imagine what they've done with these
hybrids. Contrary to what people say about killing them after
a specific amount of time, i know they don't do that, they just
tell everyone else that to avoid controversial media attention.
edit on 23-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

I'm sure they don't kill them either. I say good. If it helps them further their research then splendid. What's wrong with playing God. He obviously stopped playing the part as soon as we were created. And if he is still playing at it then he's more cruel than any mad scientist could ever aspire to be.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
One can tell by the posts in this thread how old respective posters are.

Why do you suppose that is?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well, it's not so much they're creating hybrids, its what DNA they're mixing together to attempt this.
If the pain sensories were turned off so these hybrids didnt feel anything then i wouldn't feel
as disgusted as i do. But seeing as it's all just Maya, i think getting too wrapped up
in the Dream world will only prolong the experience.

Originally posted by the sloth
reply to post by awareness10

I'm sure they don't kill them either. I say good. If it helps them further their research then splendid. What's wrong with playing God. He obviously stopped playing the part as soon as we were created. And if he is still playing at it then he's more cruel than any mad scientist could ever aspire to be.

edit on 23-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
That movie was more of an atrocity than genetic engineering could be any day....

Atrocity? I thought Dren was awesome lol.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

Not quite the same thing. Those hybrids aren't created in a lab, they're bred that way naturally. It happens in nature too, where two almost identical species breed. I have 2 bengals (asian leopard cats crossed with house cats), they're really cool cats that have much softer fur and are far less allergenic, they're also smarter and more personable than alot of other cats. Plus it's cool to have little spotted leopards running around your house. Most dog breeds are hybrid as well, do you think there were ever packs of french bulldogs hunting on the plains before people started keeping dogs as pets? But again, all those don't require mad scientists, just selective breeding.

edit on 23-7-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsmith88
The fact that anyone would create a living being with the intention of terminating it is sick.

I guess you dont eat.
Perhaps you could explain that to us.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
Absolutly I would go back in time and ask my parents NOT to have me.

Well, okay. Thanks for the honesty, I'll take you at your word. Again, sorry to see that you're unhappy being alive. I hope things get better for you soon.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
In my honest opinion, I think this is a change in location and name......they make it look/sound like they really terminate it, but actually they move the project to another location and 'bring' to the next level.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Well, okay. Thanks for the honesty, I'll take you at your word. Again, sorry to see that you're unhappy being alive. I hope things get better for you soon.

Why assume that because I would ask them not to have me, that I'm unhappy in life? Has somone you loved ever broken up with you? Have you had friends or family members die? Are you aware that your going to die either today, tomorrow, or 30 years from now? Ever think that "god" put us here just to see if we are smart enough to figure out that creating life is wrong for it only causes pain and suffering? To be enlightened perhaps is to realise more than you are willing to see. See it,.... it's obvious reproduction is wrong.

Do you have a child?
If so, your child is going to die!
How does that make you feel?
And guess what?
YOU and your partner are the soul reason for his death.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This is great news. I hope we continue to go further. We're kickstarting an age of intervention where we'll achieve much more than trying to pretend nature is perfect and sacred.

The truth is, nature wants to mutate your children in the hope of achieving a beneficial trait, at the expense of your child. Nature also wipes out hundreds of thousands of humans leaving devastated families and orphans. So let's one-up on nature and move forward.

We gave nature a good 2 million years at dictating the course of humanity and it's time we take over. Nature blessed us with incredible minds and the most articulate hands, so maybe it's for a reason.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

THE DAILY MAIL?? REALLY?? Next time you bother posting on ATS try using a RELIABLE, REPUTABLE source. Stop wasting our time!!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagentwomyn

While I do read the Daily Mail on occasion, it is always with a cocked eyebrow. But I found the story interesting and to a degree, slightly disturbing.

Apparently you read the story and felt the need to reply, so it wasn't a total waste of time. I like things that make me think and question why. It's how I learn.

And with today’s tech, do you really think that this is beyond our science? And while it may be with a good intention, we must remember the saying,

“The road to hell is paved with good intentions.”

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Why assume that because I would ask them not to have me, that I'm unhappy in life?

Pretty obvious your are unhappy and depressed.

You only get one shoot at life, and life is what you make it. Seems you are depressed and unhappy. But remember you only get one life, you can choose to follow stagnation and despair.

I welcome this type of research if it benefits humans in the long run.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hello shapeshifting humans, that's crazy! They should let the embryos survive and see what happens, see some mutants walking around like the X-men lol

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Just watched (yesterday afternoon actually) the trailer for "Rise of the planet of the Apes" and it looks REEELLY good. In the beginning of the film, they showed actors speak of injecting, along the lines of, stem cells directly into the ape's brain.

sound's pretty familiar... "scientists warn of planet of the apes" scenario.

We really don't want smart animals; smart capable animals. We really don't. I was to write a short story, book when I was a kid about the military training apes to carry out black ops special missions using trained apes. (Not to hard to teach an ape to pull a chute, pull a trigger, then disappear)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I love the scene in Blade Runner where the replicant gouges out the eyes of the scientist who created him.

2nd.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join