It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world as we know it coming soon?? What should i invest in.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The world as we know it today may be different from tomorrow. With the EU crisis, the US debt crisis and the chance of friggin world annihilation from various predicted astral objects. If by chance I can survive all of this
hypothetically, what would you invest your last 10k in TODAY? Is it shares, gold, cash, guns, survival kits, food, im open to all suggestions. Have fun and brain storm some ideas for me so i can empty my piggy bank and feel remotely satisfied with my decision.
edit on 22-7-2011 by whatifitweretrue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Fresh water, long-term storable food options, ammo, first-aid supplies, hand-crank radios, candles...

MOST important for bartering - cigarettes & whiskey.

link   
I like this answer...

"But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:" Matthew 6:20

link   
reply to post by whatifitweretrue

Seeing as how this is going to progress, may I encourage the cuchini?

You're welcome.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Where's the post, what is with this ?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Sorry bro, somehow it saved and posted b4 i had written anything.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Excellent i will ad this to my list for sure. Priceless.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Make a garden.

Help those around you.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GisfridMaillor

I already have a garden, 10k on a garden? are you suggesting I pimp up this garden?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Its not a good idea to either ask for or give financial advice on teh intranets.

So, the following is in no way to be construed as advice.

However, it must be noted that Blue Horseshoe loves Dysprosium. At least for now.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4da4757fdc54.png[/atsimg]

edit on 7/22/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Interesting, do you own this metal, if yes how much? Where would one purchase it? Good applications, i like your style.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
#1 Heirloom seeds, good variety of them... If you dont have a garden, start it and learn to save seeds
#2 Food/water for atleast 3 month supply for your family
#3 Guns/ammo and training on how to use them
#4 silver/gold... I suggest silver, but either is better than paper crap

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Thanks for your advice, seeds seem like an intelligent idea. I like. I will add this to my list.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Dear whatifitweretrue,

I know what I would invest in, I would invest in booze, lots of booze for those who have to endure the times. I would give it out to the homeless and poor, why should people with jobs be the only ones that can't numb the pain?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Dear Aquestion,

Thanks for your advice someone else mentioned alcohol. You seem to like alcohol yourself. Nice. I will ad to my list.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I am not wading into this too deep...as I said, it's not a good idea to ask for or give this kind of information or related advice on the net. And it depends where you live in the world, too. You might run up against restrictions; I'm sure most governments don't want people speculating in these types of metals. It might help if you lived in a hardcore free-trade zone not in the developed world

Lanthanide metals investing is not for noobs, it's a hairy and delicate world right now. However, if you google "rare earth metals" and "invest" and spend some time exploring the results, you might or might not find something that could be potentially of interest. Good luck. Even if you don't invest in these metals, everyone should be aware of them and the huge but largely hidden role they play in the economy.
edit on 7/22/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Wow, thanks for your adv... i mean input. I recently looked into Tellurium with the same speculations that I am initially having about Dysprosium. Thanks. Its going on my list...for consideration

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
SEEDS,canfood,asprin pepto,SHOTGUN,WATER,FRIENDS with good ethics think 1880 ! and tell your government thanks for not giving a crap ,Lol, ohhh yes just in case look up the GFL might get lucky never know

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Dear whatifitweretrue,

I based my answer on the shtf scenario. As for regular investments, Berkshire Hathaway B is usually my answer and has outperformed every other stock for 40 years straight. Maybe that is why Warren Buffet is considered the best investor in history. Be well.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
You need to start stocking up on tons of beef jerky.
Fresh water, start saving those water bottles.
Corned beed hash.
Ramen noodles.
A garden would be ideal but not very practical when the shtf.
Lastly, guns and ammo so you can protect yourself from the flash mobs that will be looting your home.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join