It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Look at the Aboriginal Healing Garden in Sudbury, Canada {Video}

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Correction... as Kryties was so kind to point out this event took place in Sudbury, Ontario in Canada. Not Australia... correction noted and changes made Thanks M8

Yes even I get tired of all the doom and gloom... some times I need a break from all the madness... a chance to unwind relax and get back to my roots... today I share with you an event that I really do wish I could have been there to attend... Makes my old heat glad to see that at least in other countries our Native teachings are being passed down to future generations.

This video, recently posted, is from the Aboriginal Day Celebrations on June 21 that took place around the Aboriginal Healing Garden, part of the Ste. Anne Community Garden, Sudbury, Australia.

This past spring a group of gardeners created a raised bed garden in the shape of a medicine wheel that contained traditional medicines such as sage, tobacco and sweetgrass. The gardeners then surrounded the wheel with corn, beans and squash—the three sisters.

During the celebrations, many gathered in the garden for aboriginal drumming and other festivities.

youtu.be...
edit on 21-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Really awesome. Has inspired my garden for next year's crop including the shape of a medicine wheel! As usual, you bring something a little different and refreshing.

peace

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I don't think this is in Australia mate. After a little googling I found it's Sudbury, Ontario in Canada.

The giveaway for me is that..

1. Australian Aboriginals don't use 'medicine wheels',

2. The people in the video have American/Canadian (hard to tell
) accents...and...

3. National Aboriginal Day on 21st June is for Canadian Aboriginals - National Aboriginal Day, Canada

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Plants are the cornerstone of life that we often fail to recognize.
People will watch the video and say 'where are the aborigines?"
Your skin color or nation of birth does not matter to the Earth or the plant people.
They speak to us all.
You want a real conspiracy?
Why do they teach us that plants have no soul or feelings or that we cannot communicate with them?
They feed us, they heal us, they give us life and for the most part we consider them mute "things" that just pop up from the ground..
It is sad that most have forgotten the old ways of being and doing.
It's the main reason the world is in so much trouble today.
We think we can make nature bow to our whims.
We can only work with nature, to work against it is guaranteed death and destruction.

I just noticed you turned 50! Congratulations young man.

edit on 21-7-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

My bad... this vid was forwarded to me in an email... thanks for the correction... I'll change it now

way to stay heads up... and prove I dont know everything...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It is quite heartening to see a community embrace nature and their heritage. It is a spiritual high. This community has taken a step in the right direction by nurturing plants that are not just decorative, or just food, but that have a history of healing both body and mind. They have recognized and acknowledged the place plants have in our existence.

This is the kind of activity I try to introduce to my children, yes by growing our own food, but also by teaching them the plants of nature and their various uses. This will be a great lesson also, to teach them that they can be enriched by being in harmony with nature. BT

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

There was a book written back in the 70's maybe early 80's
I'm sure someone here at ATS will recall the name of it...

But this book was about how researchers had taken plants into their labs to perform typical mad evil science experiments upon...

While some plants were well cared for fed and watered, others were denied... allowed to starve or die of thirst, still more were burned or infected with plant sucking bugs...

those plants often separated by walls still managed to communicate with each other... the attached those plants to an EEG and monitored as distress signals were sent out...(however plants do that) to be picked up by other plants and those warning passed along... as well as exchanging information those other plants responded by producing chemicals to ward off, drought of incest invasion...

In short those plants were looking out for each other... in ways we still don't fully understand... but you are very right in your thoughts that there is a lot more going on with out little green friends
edit on 21-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

its seems very consistent that you're posts bring
goosebumps to my skin and tears to my eyes.

very uplifting. thanks.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HardyWhite

It's nice to see this in the city. Although the group is small, it's a beginning and I applaud them for it.

Now, could I have some of those chives please? Yum.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardyWhite

its seems very consistent that you're posts bring
goosebumps to my skin and tears to my eyes.

very uplifting. thanks.

Thank you for your kind words... glad you enjoyed...

BTW to those who have, or are thinking about a garden... I just posted some recipes to make some good eats with your homegrown stuff
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Amazing! And absolutely beautiful! I loved the drumming and chanting. People need to reconnect to the planet. Making a garden is one of the easiest ways to bond. Plus, the bounty that arrives after a little work, is very rewarding. I remember my first jalepano. You would have thought it was the only jalepano on the planet with all my strutting around and carryin' on!

new topics

top topics

join