It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians the reason MSNBC has taken Cenk Uygur Off Air

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Cenk Uygur of The Young Turks, who has been filling Keith Olbermann's spot on MSNBC has been told he will not get the 6 o'clock spot due to politicians in Washington who are unhappy with Cenk's tough stances. This is more proof that both right wing and left wing news corporations are corrupt. Thankfully Cenk has integrity and turned down their alternative job offer so he can get back to speaking the truth about our government.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I just caught this earlier. I'm glad he left for a few reasons actually; one being because being on MSNBC seemed to be making him even more of a partisan hack. I.e the left-wing Fox. But for the most part I really like Cenk, most of what he's said on TYT, and I respect him all the more for choosing to leave. They offered him TWICE the amount of pay for a lesser position, and he still turned them down. That really speaks well about his character.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

I liked Cenk before because he was blunt about government corruption, even though his far left leaning turned me off a little bit.. now after seeing this video I love the guy. It's strange how honest MSNBC was with him about how they are just a cog in the wheel of the media industry (instead of being the corruption watch-dog they market themselves as)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This is a good video.

Cenk is laying it all out, what happened, how he decided to call it, etc.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Rarely agree with the guy on his stances at times but I've always enjoyed his online show and his stuff on MSNBC. Always thought of him as a honest news reporter and commenter, this just makes it fact.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I never listened/watched the guy, not once. But giving him the benefit of the doubt, he sounded like a sincere young guy. And his management isn't being square with him; they will find one excuse after another to 'justify' their decisions.

He's young, he'll do well without MSNBC. Put him on Fox opposite Hannity, let's see some sparks fly.

edit on 21-7-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
I never listened/watched the guy, not once. But giving him the benefit of the doubt, he sounded like a sincere young guy.

Young?

This guy is 41. He's halfway through his life so he's middle-aged.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

[

Originally posted by mishigas
I never listened/watched the guy, not once. But giving him the benefit of the doubt, he sounded like a sincere young guy.

Young?

This guy is 41. He's halfway through his life so he's middle-aged.

Hahaha! You must be a whippersnapper to think that 41 is not young!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

You aren't making any sense. I'm probably older than you are.

41 is middle-aged. 21 is young.

Don't debase words of their meaning.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I cannot stand to watch TYT. They are shills for the far left and the current government.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This video should be a must watch for all ATS members... heck for every citizen!

A free press is an essential element to democracy, and here, mr. Uygur shows us that, in fact, the media and politicians consider themselves as being on the same team, a relationship not likely to lead to much scrutiny!

What is even more relevant to a conspiracy forum, is the mindset that the producer expresses at the +/- 4:20 mark...

"I'd love to be an outsider, outsiders are cool, but we're not, we're insiders, we are the establishment."

Expressing what many of us here on ATS keep trying to drive home... THERE IS AN ESTABLISHMENT!

This is a group of people in positions of wealth and power who consider themselves as superior to the rest of us and act in this way. They are politicians, judges, CEO's, etc... who may act as though they are somehow in competition with one another, but, in the end, see themselves as on the same team, and will do whatever it takes to ensure that they remain in their positions of wealth and power.

Remember, they are the law, and, guess what, you are not invited to their club.

Ever wonder why white collar criminals get such small sentences, or why incoming presidents never look into illegal activities of the outgoing administrations... well here you have it.

the Billmeister

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This is a good example of how the establishement work;

Whenever someone rises in popularity, without their help or consent they will try to buy you, as in this case give him his own show. Then they give you money and privileges, as you are used to your new lifestyle, they start to "bend" you, you are allowed some small criticism, but not to much.
Result : Upcoming person neutralized.

Now this guy refused it. And although good ratings, they kick him out.

This happens to all new upcoming voices or means that can reach a large group of people.

Same with corporations, they do not buy face-book , you-tube etc for profit, they buy it for INFLUENCE and control over the mass.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
"Did your friend Bob in Washington tell you that he's concerened about my tone?"

Good for him! His foundation is honesty and challenging the establishment.
The proof is in the pudding for sure. His ratings for the period were the highest they had been and were the highest for that time period. Offering him a lesser position, or more specifically a more silent position, is proof that ratings and advertisers are not the sole agenda. The sole agenda is keeping the status quo. If the media cannot challenge government, who can? I guess the media needs more leather jackets and motorcycles

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
He is a muslim and probably should not be given leave to engage in open jihad on American soil.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
He is a muslim and probably should not be given leave to engage in open jihad on American soil.

Where did you get that information from?

If you read his Wikipedia entryy, it states that he is agnostic, though it seems he and his wife Wendy Lang (sounds Chinese... she must be a commie **) named their child Prometheus Maximus.., he definitely should be punished for that!

the Billmeister

**sorry I couldn't resist!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

If you knew anything about the guy or watched even one or two of his shows you'd see that he is very much against religious extremism of any kind, from any religion. He also doesn't believe in a particular religion or god ast mentioned above. Why are you posting such a ridiculous comment based on his physical appearance? Never mind his east coast accent and reasonable demeanor.. he's surely a terrorist..

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

So, if a reporter from NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, (never mind Fox) say something that "the emperor" dislikes, they'll be gone as well?

Better toe the line reporters and repoterettes!

Your king may become displeased.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

reply to post by mishigas

You aren't making any sense. I'm probably older than you are.

41 is middle-aged. 21 is young.

Don't debase words of their meaning.

You must plan on dying soon? .... people live well into their 80's these days. 41 is young enough for a man to start a brand new career these days.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join