It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sacred Challis and the Way Out of the Physical Dimension

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The sacred Cahallis symbol is generally accepted as being representative of the womb but the original symbolic meaning was not directly related to the womb at all. Let me attempt to explain:

We humans live in the physical dimension which we experience through our 5 senses. When we turn the challis symbol upside down (the male aspect) it becomes an arrow pointing away, or outwards. This symbolizes the 5 senses extending outwards into the external in order to 'read' physical reality. The challis ( being the female aspect) on the other hand points inwards and symbolizes the senses being turned inwards away from the physical dimension and towards the inner soul.

It is taken as accepted that our modern concept of religion has come about through a number of shifts in perception over history. The Ancients practiced the art of detaching the external from the senses by turning them inwards so that they could contemplate their physical existance objectively. Its like stepping away from a mountain rather than standing on it in order to paint a picture of it.

As the Ancients became more adept they discovered wonders and unadulterated magnificence beyond anything the physical world could offer. Eventually they discovered that through disconecting themselves from the outer physical world they were able to enter into another dimension which turned out to be the realm where an omnipotent Being resided.

They achieved this feat only after they had come to see and use the 'magical ingredient' that is found inside all humans. They learnt that through practice they could firstly disconect from the physical to contemplate it objectively and, secondly to channel their inverted senses into the magical ingredient that allowed them to project their souls into God's own garden, Paradise.

Thus this sacred practice, this fabulous spiritual act was, to the Ancients, religion. Far, far removed from what we call religion today.
edit on 29/09 by Juran because: text correction

edit on 29/09 by Juran because: text

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Juran

Dear Juran,

Ritual and symbolism are just that, not attempts to explain the truth, attempts to stagnate understanding. Defining ourselves is the issue of life, not accepting or learning a truth greater than our own, the one we choose. That is the narrow path. Be well.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Juran

Dear Juran,

Ritual and symbolism are just that, not attempts to explain the truth, attempts to stagnate understanding. Defining ourselves is the issue of life, not accepting or learning a truth greater than our own, the one we choose. That is the narrow path. Be well.

AQuestion, hi
Everthing is symbolic even the words of your post, we cannot avoid them. Your post makes little sense. Maybe your path has narrowed to nothing. Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Juran

Good post mate, I don't think the symbolism is very relevant but the logistics of the spiritual exploration outlined are pretty damn accurate (imo).

They achieved this feat only after they had come to see and use the 'magical ingredient' that is found inside all humans.

Did someone say Dimethyltryptamine? I think so..

reply to post by Juran

I agree with your first statement to an extent, but I digress; your existential philosophy is circular, the idea that our purpose here is to forge our own truths comes to a grinding halt when faced with an experience of objective reality.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Juran

I really like the metaphor of not being able to see the mountain even if one is one top of it. So more to the point are you saying that the way to initiate ones self to the godly realm is to perceive the outer from the inner? Meaning we are bound to be unable to see the paradise around us, if we use the outer as a mirror to rationalize our inner self. When if fact we should be perceiving through our selfless loving being that has no pre-conceptions or biases to truly find calm and peace.

Or is is a metaphor to go down round the bend
and find the lost crystal
where the machine gnomes roam

'___'?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juran

It is taken as accepted that our modern concept of religion has come about through a number of shifts in perception over history.

Eventually they discovered that through disconecting themselves from the outer physical world they were able to enter into another dimension which turned out to be the realm where an omnipotent Being resided.

They achieved this feat only after they had come to see and use the 'magical ingredient' that is found inside all humans. They learnt that through practice they could firstly disconect from the physical to contemplate it objectively and, secondly to channel their inverted senses into the magical ingredient that allowed them to project their souls into God's own garden, Paradise.

Thus this sacred practice, this fabulous spiritual act was, to the Ancients, religion. Far, far removed from what we call religion today.
edit on 29/09 by Juran because: text correction

edit on 29/09 by Juran because: text

Dear Juran,

I meant no disrespect and do send peace. I am sorry that my words make little sense to you. I don't believe we are limited to the five senses, I think we have another, a sixth sense, an innate knowledge of good and evil, wright and wrong if you will. I believe we can see ourselves and others, that we can know more than one thing at a time.

I do not accept your precept that our concept of religion is the result of shifts in perception. I believe every sentient being makes his own choices. As for knowing beings in another plain, I have not met many capable of understanding them, less that could represent themselves in a meaningful and directed way. Perhaps I still make no sense to you, sorry for my weakness. I disagree with your "magical ingredient", I believe in free will. The choice we make, not the shortcut we take.

I will attempt to explain my earlier answer. Religion is not about ritual, it is about choices, about what you will live by, which beliefs. I do hope that explains my earlier answer about not focusing on symbolism. If it does not than have a great day. Be well.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhettoRice
reply to post by Juran

'___'?

I'm pretty sure that's it, even in the context of the OP text we need to keep in mind that the inward gaze (meditation) being talked about can spur our brains on to release more '___' than is necessary for day-to-day consciousness.
It's also important to remember that any 'entities', archetypes etc. encountered in this metaphysical space are purely projections of our egoic presense and are not the precipice of the mystical state.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

Yea I have to agree, be it religion, mythology, literature, movies, or music it all seems to tie back to a road or path taken (be it physically/emotional/mental) to a crossroads(rose cross), and passage through or into some form of spiritual godhead.

I believe it to be a way to confuse and detract from that very physical foundation in our own bodies that can be tapped through the escape or the influences of said body.

BLah rambles on.

But again good post OP, if it brings more to ponder it is always welcome

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by posthuman

Posthuman, hi

Thanks posthuman, glad you liked it but err.. no I am not talking about that long word starting with D or any other chemical, sorry to disappoint you.

edit on 29/09 by Juran because: text error

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

\

AQuestion,

You maybe misunderstood the thread, I am not talking about ritual. I don't like ritual either. I am talking about how religion came into being. If you study theology and history you find that our perceptions of religion have indeed undergone many shifts, I didn't just make it up.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhettoRice
reply to post by Juran

I really like the metaphor of not being able to see the mountain even if one is one top of it. So more to the point are you saying that the way to initiate ones self to the godly realm is to perceive the outer from the inner? Meaning we are bound to be unable to see the paradise around us, if we use the outer as a mirror to rationalize our inner self. When if fact we should be perceiving through our selfless loving being that has no pre-conceptions or biases to truly find calm and peace.

'___'?

GhettoRice, hi

Well there are two manifestations of existence, two dimensions if you prefer that pertain to the human experience. There may be more but for all intents and purposes they are irrelevant to us because if more do exist they are inaccessible.
Of the two that do pertain to us one is physical and the other isn't. The Ancients learnt how to access the 2nd manifestation and found that compared to this physical existence the other is Utopia. The Way into the 2nd manifestation has been intentionally hidden from us by those who have their reasons for keeping us all locked into the physical plane.

True harmony and peace will not be realized on the physical manifestation until we once again have access to the 2nd manifestation. The Way is through the rediscovery of the magical ingredient which we have always possessed but have never for many centuries actually used. It is the only way.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Juran

Dear Juran,

I never thought you made it up. Please know that. I have studied history, philosophy and religion. One of my younger relatives is currently studying religion and philosophy as his major in college and we speak of such things on a weekly basis. I believe there are two types of "religious" people, those who accept and those who discover. Most people who "accept" their religion never investigate it, they just sort of go along. Those who investigate and discover are the driving force behind true belief. I don't think anything has changed regarding that over the years.

I see no proof that true spirituality has changed over the years. Sure new sects have come and gone; but, the basic beliefs are pretty constant. There are those who believe that there are no spiritual beings, those who think there could be but have no idea of what they are, those who believe they can attain Godhood and those who believe we can know God; but, not become like him. If we go back to the oldest "bible", the story of Gilgamesh we see that not much has changed.

As for the '___' experience (which I am very much against the use of), the universality of the experience hasn't changed overtime. What is amazing about the '___' experience is the consistency of it regardless of the society or culture that one lives in. If you wish to continue this dialogue with me (and you certainly don't have to) then I would ask what you specifically believe has changed in regards to spiritual experiences. Be well.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Juran

Dear Juran,

I never thought you made it up. Please know that. I have studied history, philosophy and religion. One of my younger relatives is currently studying religion and philosophy as his major in college and we speak of such things on a weekly basis. I believe there are two types of "religious" people, those who accept and those who discover. Most people who "accept" their religion never investigate it, they just sort of go along. Those who investigate and discover are the driving force behind true belief. I don't think anything has changed regarding that over the years.

I see no proof that true spirituality has changed over the years. Sure new sects have come and gone; but, the basic beliefs are pretty constant. There are those who believe that there are no spiritual beings, those who think there could be but have no idea of what they are, those who believe they can attain Godhood and those who believe we can know God; but, not become like him. If we go back to the oldest "bible", the story of Gilgamesh we see that not much has changed.

As for the '___' experience (which I am very much against the use of), the universality of the experience hasn't changed overtime. What is amazing about the '___' experience is the consistency of it regardless of the society or culture that one lives in. If you wish to continue this dialogue with me (and you certainly don't have to) then I would ask what you specifically believe has changed in regards to spiritual experiences. Be well.

AQuestion

Religion was not originaly a belief it was a spiritual practice by which the individual connected with the Divine. These practices have largely been lost to us over time because as religion degenerated into dogma and idealism and fundamentalism people lost touch with the truth. Today religion wants to tell people how to live and what to do and not do etc which would be okay if it focused only on the practice of spiritual elevation but it doesn't. It just wants to lay down the law and it has no respect for the individual. Respect for the individual was once paramount because it was recognised that we are all different and there are many ways to God. Idealy we would all be helping each other to reach God while respecting the individual's own chosen path. But what we do have is nothing much more than an outrageous attempt to herd everyone under the umbrella of blind dogma and if anyone thinks that will bring us all closer to the Divine they are surely living in a fantasy.

new topics

top topics

join