It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird caught on cell phone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by p4rs3C
reply to post by gortex

Do you have any proof of that or shall i just take your word as the gospel?

Don't take it as anything , its just an opinion .
You should use your own common sense , its filmed on an old phone hence the quality when he is filming the lads , yet when the "Alien" speeds by there is no jerky movement on the "Alien" .

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Check the video at 0:05 to 0:07 or so at the beginning. What is that at the end of the small wooden dock as the kids are getting out of the water? There is something moving just behind them and leaves the water onto the shore/bank. I don't think it's a bird. Definitely not a fish. Looks too small and nondescript to be another kid.

In fact, I can't seem to shake the feeling that it appears to be one and the same as the fast-moving object behind the kids later in the clip.

If this is a fake, well, they don't seem to be paying any attention to whatever is coming out of the water behind them at the beginning, only the flash-by later.

heck, who knows? Maybe one of you film/cgi-experts can isolate, enlarge, and show us a still image of that thing in the beginning...

Also - if you click and watch the News Report link, there is more commentary from locals and news people that would help understand what's going on. Can anyone give us a brief summary on what these additional comments are all about?

edit on 7/20/2011 by Outrageo because: link

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think that its better if you film stuff like this for real that you first sent it to Mufon before you place it on youtube. that makes the credibility factor much higher. because now a days everybody yells CGI at the first second they see something move on their screens. And most funny thing is the people who speak it out can not even draw a puppet on plain paper!

good luck debating

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Not an ostrich. They are indigenous to Africa only. South America has the Rhea.

A bit of info:

The Common rhea also known as the Greater rhea is a large bird with the size of 140 cm (55 inches). As already mentioned with its size it is not possible for him to fly. Despite that it can reach the speed of 60 km per hour (37mph). Its wings are very large as well. There is a sharp claw on each wing that can cause a serious injury. They have got a long neck and are brown colored. Their feathers cover a major part of their body however they have got bare feet. On foot there are three toes. The Greater Rhea is very agile and a flexible animal thank to its leg muscles. This enables him to run at a very fast pace and turn quickly while running in order to avoid predators. The females - the hens, are lighter in color and smaller in size.

Link HERE.

So is it a Rhea? Well, it was moving pretty fast. Was it within the speed range? Rheas, as noted above, can travel up to 37mph.

So I dl'd the video, and ran it through my video software. Unfortunately, source vid is too grainy to make out any specific detail, however, I was able to extrapolate the speed of the object.....

The frame in the video is approx. 50 foot wide. At .03x the object covered the entire frame, in approx. 1 sec of time. Let's check the math.
50 feet in 1 sec. That's pretty fast. So in 60 seconds, the critter can cover 3000 feet, ideally. In a hour, it could cover 180000 feet. Since there is 5280 feet in 1 mile, we divide and come up with a speed of 34.09 mph.

That's well within the capabilities of this critter.

The video is not fake, it's not CGI, and it's not a dimensional being.

It's simply a video of a panicked Rhea running back and forth, it's habitat disturbed by humans. Mind you, if a 4 and 1/2 foot tall omnivorous critter ran by my campsite site going that fast, I'd be surprised too.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I like this...something comes out of the water with them, then a Brasilian veloceraptor pelts passed for a drink or a chat with the watery veloceraptor, then legs it home. This is going to turn out to be a way fake (probablly acted and added by the cameraman to scare his mates later), but I kinda like it so I'm S&Fing it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am still not sure what it is...
If it was a Rhea moving fast why doesn't the air displacement affect the leaves on the ground?
And the sound the footsteps make seems too loud for a Rhea...
Even the behavior seems off for a wild animal, if it was scared it wouldn't come running back same place it 1st came from... It's not like a farm animal where fences make animals run in circles... Wild animals, when scared, run in a straight line for long distances, sometimes till their hearts give out...

About the first seconds of the video i can't make anything of it... its too blurry for my Magoo eyes.

If its not cgi im still puzzled...
edit on 20-7-2011 by p4rs3C because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I gotta also go with a rhea on this one - at least that seems the most logical explanation. First, you can somewhat make out a basic structure of the "thing", which looks like a blob on top and longer legs on the bottom. Second, rheas move fast (> 40mph) and I'm guessing you'd get quite a bit of motion blur even with a decent camera - you can even see quite a bit of motion blur on the kids when the guy starts swinging the camera around. Third, the sensationalism of the video title lends itself to the power of suggestion - had it been titled "Rhea caught on cell phone!", not many people would think twice about it. Fourth, it's very hard to determine many details on the "thing", but it looks as if the legs may lag behind the body a bit - if you look at the video below of a rhea running, you see a similar running style. Fifth, the reaction of the kids seems normal - I'm sure if I had any sort of wild creature running that close to me, I'd be a little freaked out, too. Why does everyone leap to something alien-themed whenever there's any room for doubt? Oh, right, this is ATS..

edit on 20-7-2011 by redtic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Mainly its just locals saying they never saw anything like in the video around those parts, they are all clueless.
Some believe it was a wild animal going to attack them....
You need to understand these are very simple people, humble, narrow minded in their culture and very superstitious that probably never went to a movie theater...
The reporter goes to the site where it happened and the place is not jungle like, like we get the impression it is in the the original video. Its a camping park with wooden buildings and some picnic tables. Weird place for a Rhea to be in my opinion...

And there is also the Camera man, Augusto Costa his name, detailing "what he didn't see", i mean, when he looked up it was gone, both times. He only saw it in his phone while recording. Seems his Protestant and he doesn't believe in weird story's people tell like aliens etc. He does not know what he saw nor can he explain it...

Hope this helps you
edit on 20-7-2011 by p4rs3C because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Hello all.
Found this a few nights ago and was wondering if anyone had any info on it.

I remember this case, it's an old video from December 2008 recorded by a
young brazilian man named Ruan Sales aka RuanLp8 (In YouTube) who
was with his friends named Jackson and Leandro having fun swiming in
a river in Castanhal municiple of Pará, Brazil. Ruan Sales uploaded the
video to his channel on December 3, 2008 just after the incident. Here is
the original 2008 footage by Ruan Sales.

THE RBA TV / ROGER COSTA INVOLVEMENT

The next year brazilian tv network RBA got interested in Ruan's footage
and made the story for the Barra Pesada tv show. They presented the
incident as located in Santo Antônio do Tauá also municiple of Pará
and later updated the story with an interview with a parapsychologist
and also interviewed a man named Roger Costa as one of the witnesses
creating a certain confusion since Ruan Sales didn't mention him in his
report. By this time a lot of recreations were made as sequel clones by
the jokers due to the stir caused by RBA TV.
The case remains inconclusive

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

reply to post by gortex

Do you have any proof of that or shall i just take your word as the gospel?

Don't take it as anything , its just an opinion .
You should use your own common sense , its filmed on an old phone hence the quality when he is filming the lads , yet when the "Alien" speeds by there is no jerky movement on the "Alien" .

A dishonest argument, as there is no reason why even an old phone (another assumption - it could have just been a cheap one) should record jerky motion if the object was moving very fast.

What some of you ignore is that, if it had been a large bird running along the ground, the boys would have have still noticed it some distance away after turning around. This thing just seems to materialize in the field of view of the camera. It's obviously paranormal except to those whose world view does not allow paranormal things to exist. Anyone who thinks it could be a bird is not using much common sense. Big birds running along the ground don't suddenly appear and vanish, as this did. And no one said it was an alien. It could be a ghost of a human being. People who scream "CGI" need to prove it, otherwise it is the same tired old knee jerk that skeptics mindlessly make whenever they cannot explain away anomalous images.
edit on 20-7-2011 by micpsi because: correct typo.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I don't know what the heck it is but I really like the video. Seems very authentic to me.

What the heek is that thang?

Comin'

And Goin'

Ed: It looks like your friendly neighbourhood bipedal log
edit on 20-7-2011 by Frater210 because: A guess

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I see the thing getting out of the water at the start of the vid. It is on the side of the dock farther from the camera. I can't tell what it is but it's cool and makes me think so I like it. If it was a fake I think the video would be more complex and the kids reactions would seem more staged. If it makes people broaden thier thinking then it's a good thing.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

The reason I think this is a hoax is because the kid is staring right at it and then has a delayed reaction, possibly indicating the "thing" being added later, if the video seen it then surely the kid would, right?

edit on 20-7-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
It´s Karsten!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rocket88

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Yeah, agreed. There is something disingenuous about the way that the phtographer tells the two to sit back down the second time.

But what the heck is that thingy?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Something doesn't add up with this video, and obviously, that thing is a thingy

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
nice "word for word" description there dude

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by davej9859

Do you have any better suggestions?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The "thing" that appears to be getting out of the water as well looks like splashing water to me.

<< 1    3 >>

join