It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Month Old Deaf Baby's Reaction To Cochlear Implant Being Activated.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is absolutely amazing....

Just shows how far medical science has came along in the past fourty to fifty years yet alone the last thirty years. From the first heart transplant to the development of hearing aids small enough to be implanted in a baby's ear. It's just amazing how far medical science has come......

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Great Video. This video is a bit old but still a great watch. Thankfully, problems with hearing and eyesight are being tackled by many people around the world as we speak. In the not so distant future we will see more devices like the speech easy's and implants to help out with daily life. It is truly amazing we went from golding up a metal horn to your eat to this. Truly amazing.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Very touching and beatiful. Thanks for posting. Warms the heart.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
There are more videos like that to watch, most just did not have quite the pure joyful moment of hearing like that little boy did, probably because they were a bit older.

The earlier the better to restore hearing...the brain needs that stimulus to create the proper pathways of the nerves when very young.

S&F for this uplifting thread.

See...there is some good in us.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I wonder who was happier the parents or the lil boy? Thank you for sharing the vid, I will be passing it along to my family so they can all share a smile of pure happiness

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Best news of the day.

It makes me feel wonderful. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
evry one knows deffness is cause by caroling

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by obzerver
evry one knows deffness is cause by caroling

just a random thought thrown in for good measure hunh ?..

Seeing that baby's eyes light up ,and the smile..beautiful ... treasures to keep in the video chest , to show him when he gets older...and for mom and dad to look back on .

Nice to see a story about hope, and joy , and the good things are medical technology does.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I just "teared-up".

This made me smile & cry at the same time.

S&F just 'cause!

Gotta love baby joy!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This kind of thread shouldn't even need a 2nd line.

But that was amazing. Thanks OP

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Once in a while a video comes along that just makes you smile and think...what a great time we are living in. This is one of those. Thanks for posting!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Oh it sure did brighten my day, I couldn't stop smiling!! Awesome post, thanks!!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
AWESOME!

This should make everyone consider what is really important in this life.

Thank you! I needed that!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Wow. This is simply amazing! I have a grin on my face just watching. What an incredible feat of science. And how much joy was that kid feeling! Thanks so much for sharing.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I didn't read all the posts so if someone has already shared this I'm sorry.

I took a look around to try and find out what kind of sound quality you get with this implant. I was actually astounded as to how hard it would be to understand anything with this implant.

What do cochlear implants sound like?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
At least the baby is responding to his environment. It's too bad the "sample" sounds from a cochlear implant doesn't replicate "normal" sounds well. Technology in this area has a long way.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
thanks for the post it did brightin my day as i am sure it has brightend many others i agree it is great that we have finally made this breakthru in the medical field

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join