It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid gets his hand crushed in China

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Advantage

The guy stepped on his hand, most likely because he stole something. That's actually pretty common in China and a lot of other parts of the world.

.....Racism there is making you pay 100RMB for something that is only worth 10.

Oh.. he stole something?! Cane the little prepubescent thief!

I hate these vids with no backstories and info! It certainly isnt a good reason to boycott products made in china though.... ROFL!! If youre gonna boycott and hate, at least have a better reason. This calling for boycott of china for a vague accusation of racism is like my grandmother not buying proctor and gamble products cause of the scary satanic moon and star logo and the vague accusation coming from the far right xtain bobbleheads. LMAO!

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noviz
...and it wouldn't surprise me if it happened in other countries too.....

Simoans have a colorful approach to teaching kids not to steal....

Hooooolllly heck that kid gets beaten the hell up lol.... I guess he won't do it again though :s
Plus that woman is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGEEEEEEEE.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
To understand the area better:

Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region has promised to find and bring home all native Xinjiang children who are straying in other parts of the country, some of whom are stealing or begging for a living.

The move is aimed at helping Xinjiang's vagrant children resume normal lives and restore the region's reputation, as the far western region is notoriously known as a source of "young robbers and thieves" in many cities.

Li said he once saw a boy try and fail to steal a man's wallet. "He was later slapped on the face by a middle-aged woman who seemed to be his employer. He was about 10 years old and looked like a Uyghur [a Xinjiang ethnic minority]."

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by idunno12

Nothing in my post "condemns" China. Although others might.
Its just sickening what some people are like out there.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Well if you really think about it, boycotting products = less money = more thieving = more kids getting a beat down. So by boycotting, you would probably be adding to the problem....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Who said anything about boycotting just because of this video?
I've always tried to boycott chinese products for years just for the fact that
most of our manufacturing industry was sent over there etc...
edit on 19-7-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

So I guess we should buy everything from China.
Then our country can become a 100% service industry, have alot more unemployment, and then we can have
all our kids in the streets begging... yeh! -end sarcasm-

I hope you were being sarcastic.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The guy stepped on his hand, most likely because he stole something. That's actually pretty common in China and a lot of other parts of the world.

That's the impression I am getting too. It seems the adults are holding him there waiting for the police to arrive or something.

With such a number of adults around doing nothing, it appears they feel that he deserves to be scared over something.

So that's my vote - I think he stole something too.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SnakeShot

I guess everyone in China is rich now, now that they have manufacturing jobs, they all have toilets made out of gold and drive around in magical sky machines....

Get a grasp on global economics before you discuss them.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
"Chinese adults bullying little child for being white?"

What kind of reaction do you guys think was being elicited from that title?

It feels like I am seeing more and more threads, videos, and comments being posted with a similar intent in mind. Words specifically engineered to produce feelings of judgement, anger, and division between human beings.

Does anyone ever wonder if its all being engineered by specific groups to create division and chaos within our borders, and also to instigate feelings of contempt between countries?

I do wonder that as I feel my own emotions and then watch the emotions of others as they read these threads. But maybe its always been present and I am only becoming more aware of it as the Nibiru, Elenin, 2012, alien disclosure threads become thinner.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yes more than likely did something wrong.
Does that really make it alright to treat a child like that?
Let the police take care of it.
Even if the kid did steal something.... what if he's completely on his own and doesn't have
any choice if he wants to survive? He's just a small child.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Did you see the ? question mark in the title?
Thats why I put it there, and then clearly stated that I don't know for a fact if this was because he was white.
I think your reading to much into it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

So you have a grasp on global economics and your saying that most of our manufacturing jobs haven't
been sent overseas? Who said anything about China being rich now? Please enlighten me.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Funny how I just post a video of a child being abused, condemning it.... then almost everyone wants to turn on me and change it into something else.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeShot
reply to post by boncho

So you have a grasp on global economics and your saying that most of our manufacturing jobs haven't
been sent overseas? Who said anything about China being rich now? Please enlighten me.

I never said jobs were not sent overseas, I was simply commenting on your post:

So I guess we should buy everything from China.
Then our country can become a 100% service industry, have alot more unemployment, and then we can have
all our kids in the streets begging... yeh! -end sarcasm-

....have alot more unemployment, and then we can have all our kids in the streets begging... yeh! -end sarcasm-

link   
DOUBLE POST.

edit on 19-7-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by meathed

1... I try to buy as much domestic manufactured products as I can to support our own economy.
Your saying I'm racist because I don't like buying "made in china"?

Well thats worded alot better than your original post and it seems you left the part out were you called made in china stuff JUNK.
No i didn't say your racist because you buy american, it was the fact that you call made in china JUNK.
Followed by, "what wrong with these people?."
So yes there was a racist undertone to your statement and post.

2... by "these people", I was refering to idiots who treat children like this, wether it was racist, the kid did something wrong, or what have you. Did you notice that I also put "and others like them"?
No... I wasn't speaking of that latter.

BS

You sound like one of those people that wants to read racism into practically anything.

Im far from it.
How could i not see racism in the original unedited post of your thread?
And your title of "Chinese adults bullying white child for being white, is a lie as far as we all know.
This was supposed to be a chinese hate thread, Im glad it hasn't turned out that way for you.
Edit to add. Oh it seems you changed your OP so it doesn't seem as racist now.
Well good for you.
But its a little to late.

edit on 19-7-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
ATS deny ignorance my ass, they were punishing him cuz he stole something, this little boy came from Xinjiang province of china, technically he is Chinese. Alot of them come to major city to beg or steal and this boy happen to get caught.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Did you see the ? question mark in the title?
Thats why I put it there, and then clearly stated that I don't know for a fact if this was because he was white.
I think your reading to much into it.

Are you getting defensive? Or is it just hard to read you correctly, as is sometimes the case with online postings.

I didn't address either of my posts directly to you, I am just discussing the topic which you put forth for discussion. But your replies feel to me like you think I am directing my words at you alone, instead of to the group in general.

I know that you didn't create the video or choose the title. I know that the title came with the video. I also know that you did not condemn China. I didn't direct any of my posts at you. If I was directing them at you, you would know it, lol. I am just participating in the discussion.

If I am reading you incorrectly then no worries. XD

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Funny how I just post a video of a child being abused, condemning it.... then almost everyone wants to turn on me and change it into something else.

No matter what happened in the video, you posted this thread in ignorance to what was really behind it. Then you made comments about China to which you have since edited to be more politically correct.

Were you planning on editing all your posts in this thread and future ones? If so I will be sure to quote you entirely in the future at every opportunity.

Either stick by what you say or man up and make a correction without editing original text.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join